Balancing Meme

I like DEE mod. The difference between new off hand vs Blood Orb is exactly the skill mods. CS/damage looks similar.

I actually have few other ideas with Blood Orb, one is vitality Opressor. Also don’t forget the elemental to chaos conversion. Chaos have other off hands and it’s in bad state, so you don’t see it often used. Still I would love to see chaos damage to some Occultist skill for example. Or skill mod to Guardians of Empyrion. But I still would say both off hands have spot under the sun. But don’t forget that vitality is in great state for casters currently.

So to me, except removal of Wendigo totem mod and maybe replacing it with another or add mod to Blood Orb, nothing else is needed.

Does armor piercing conversion actually affect this node? (I’ve never bothered to look)

You ought to consider suggesting these in ideas and feedback to make sure it gets his eyes, and state more specifically the “why” behind the suggestions. It may be a bit early to see what happens with the new off hand as build makers tinker with it, so don’t be afraid to reiterate these same points again a second time later if the same points seem to be true but aren’t addressed in an upcoming hotfix or patch.

1 Like

armor piercing affects anything with %WD

Thanks for the ideas!

I need to test more things until decide to make feedback threads about new patch. Still it’s new and I am overwhelmed with information, so might wait few weeks. I don’t want to sound to emotional or even unreasonable. Need to conduct few experiments first.

Because there’s an assload of Vitality gear in the game already.

It isn’t. In no universe is a buff to an underperforming node on an underperforming skill line a bad thing.

ES is affected by global conversion (AP included), but not conversion from Skill Modifiers.

Can anyone in this thread honestly state that if these skills (like Storm Box) were nerfed that they (you, writing a reply to this) wouldn’t be deserving of a whine corner of their own? Seems somewhat hypocritical.

I, for one, am quite happy that for the first time in my five years with GD, AAR and Mortars aren’t shit-tier (Mortar has come close a few times though). I admit that there were aspects of AAR I thought could be healthily nerfed (ADCTH) that were not, but I am not unhappy that the overall performance of these skills remains as it had been, and I say that as someone who literally can’t stand to play either playstyle anyways.

In regards to Morgoneth/“why are we getting more Vit gear when X is underperforming/underrepresented?” Sure, I agree that Vitality is the most well-supported damage type in the game and has been since before AoM. Sure, I agree that getting yet another Vitality set and two off-set pieces that seem very similar to the set is a little bit confusing. Sure, I would have loved for Morgoneth to be Lightning or Chaos themed. But it isn’t, and the entire dungeon and lore and worldbuilding has been set around this fairly thematic Vitality-based creature, so it’s only fitting that we get such a set, and I think it’d be unreasonable to suggest that all of this be redesigned in favor of something else.

Because stormbox is the last good offensive skill Inquisitor has. I can understand if crate Nerf its item mod, but in this patch, even its base skill got nerfed.

Stormbox Nerf may not really be felt if you only use it to support strong skill like totem or mortar or canister or AAR; but I use stormbox to support underperforming skill like blade fucking trap and item skill like obliteration, and a fucking stormserpent set. The nerfs can be felt clearly.

And as always, zantai said that if the nerfs are affecting end game performance whatsoever, we can report to unnerf it. Then if I report that my cruci clear time is slower by 30-45sec and make it less safe because it kill slower, predictably he and you guys will scoff that off.

But it’s ok, just need to explore all those new OP things and make another sub 6 minutes build.

We found the heretic! Let us activate our mob mentality and cast this non-believer out of these lands!

On a serious note, i am glad it’s for Vitality DEE, which is one of the last vitality setups that needs more stuff to work better. The Wendigo Totem support was completely unnecessary in my opinion, specially when it makes Dark One even better.

Yugol is cold/acid on the devotion map though…

Vitality is more of a Chthon and Rattosh thing. The Morgoneth stuff happened with the Ateph (cold) folks.

Ahh. Well then, I agree that this particular change is not a big deal. Most types other than pierce have a hard time seeing full physical global conversion. The damage was adjusted, as well, for 100% chance.

If Valdan’s set (or any other) is overperforming, then the set should be addressed.

i’m sorry, this thread is originally splitted from its parent thread ‘grim dawn meme corner’, yet what people talking about here seems to be serious discussion about game balance. maybe bring some more light funny meme about balancing video games? or just change the thread title to something like ‘serious balance discussion of 1.0.5.0 patch’. sorry i got nothing to add to the discussion.

Yeah. I kinda wish medea would have left my awesome meme back in the thread.

Im just glad there are now more actually speed clear builds than ever before.

Pre AOM it was literally duelwield and swordboards, then AOM release was binder sword board, thank god we actually have more than a whole page worth of builds now with a variety of playstyle for under 7min crucible. Infact the variety of builds i seen here is the most diverse of any looter games i played.

There may be one or two outliers but they always get adjusted in time. Im glad crate was never hamfisted in balancing.

1 Like

I can see that SBoE got nerfed.
What I do not understand yet are some statements that “aether SBoE” got nerfed. Are you referring to the flat Aether nerf at Allagast?
Because no one would play SBoE as transmuted to aether…

tbh i have been in many games that are in progress and witnessed the feedback. It rarely is the case that a few veterans on the forum get to dictate what happens to the game and that the developers have their own plan an opinions that are never voiced that come through in these patches. You never really know about the goals and ideas behind many changes until you hear them as to why. Grim dawn isn’t really different in this except that they do listen to the few builders on the forum that pretty much test these high end game builds with certain items and the only thing that happens is that it gets a nerf and sometimes it doesn’t? I mean i gotta say just for the sake of consistency if you are gonna nerf some builds because they are over-performing why not nerf them all, like now with AAR and mortar, clearly its like those other cases where everything gets crushed within record times but no you nerf stormbox? I was like huh?

1 Like

Same here, Ill Omen is really strong and point efficient now.

does it still stack with the damage reduction from RE though?

'course not :rofl:

EDIT: 50% DR would trivialise everything hahaha

would atleast shut up the notion that ‘Necro got nothing’.

It never did.
But it’s better and needs less points than decay now.