Beginner & end game setup for Alkamos scythe (cold cooldown caster)

Hi

I wanted to make a cold caster as the devotion path looked quite favourable (stacking cold/frost burn) but kind of 180’d on my first iteration after seeing the acid conversion on Alkamos scythe (and being able to reach both Yugol & Leviathan). A beginner’s Alkamos scythe has been wrote by The_Coyote ( [1.1.9.0] Budget Alkamos’ Scythe Cold Cadence Blademaster - Grim Dawn / Classes, Skills and Builds - Crate Entertainment Forum but I thought this was different enough to highlight.

I finished the game (Korvak & SR 25) with the following build - which is fairly cheap! I did get a fortunate roll on Ilgorr’s medal which meant I skipped some augment’s / components.
(Blademaster, Level 100 (GD 1.2.1.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator)

Prior to getting Alkamos’ scythe I would suggest you follow the levelling guide by The_Coyote shown above.

Between level’s 40-90 I’d suggest you update the following items every 10-20 levels:

(Blademaster, Level 40 (GD 1.2.1.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator)

Devotion snapshot’s

(Blademaster, Level 60 (GD 1.2.1.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator)

(Blademaster, Level 70 (GD 1.2.1.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator)

Final Budget Aim : (Blademaster, Level 100 (GD 1.2.1.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator)

End game aim…

or Cold Cadence

see ( [1.1.8.1] Amatok - 2H melee cold Cadence Blademaster, SR 80+ - Grim Dawn / Classes, Skills and Builds - Crate Entertainment Forum) for inspiration

Updates:
17/8/24
Reached nemesis with beasts and undead - got two pairs of Kubacabra’s neither particularly good - did get double cold roll on Solael’s so should probably stick with them… One tapped by Moosilauke as under capped elemental resists (hopefully now fixed)

18/8/24
Cleared tomb of the Heretic, first time for the first time and stole some shiny new boots (knew of the area but I haven’t ever collected the seals before). Also cleared SR 60 in an epic duel with Moosi - next step is to experiment with Cadence using the SR set (Blademaster, Level 100 (GD 1.2.1.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

• have the weapon but wish list on the pants/medal and no rings/gloves/belt

20/8
(Blademaster, Level 100 (GD 1.2.1.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator) Current build

• changed devotion map (made it more defensive)
  • completed 65-70 SR (one death) but on time
  • 2/2 successful runs 70-71, 10.15 & 9.33
  • tried cadence but lacked RR as I didn’t even have the ring, it seems pretty good but more dull to play and reverted
  • experimenting with Blood briars amulet feels pretty good
3 Likes