Builders vs Zantai

I don’t know why you act like this is an argument against me. I care about crucible times because Z cares about crucible times because a die-hard section of the fanbase cares about crucible times. Convince one of those two and I wouldn’t care if builds hit 4 minutes.

It’s not an argument against you, it’s an argument against Zantai. Crucible was advertised as being a separate game mode that would never be related to the main campaign. That was an assumption that held up for years and only recently (the last 6-8 months?) it seems there has been an internal Crate-decision to renege upon that “trust” and begin prioritizing Crucible balance over anything else. That you’re OK with this is and can adhere to their new metric of balancing is fine - it’s commendable, actually, to have adapted so well. But I’m a little grumpier about the whole situation and I am very well aware that I’m not alone in my disgruntlement. (TIL ‘disgruntlement’ is a word)

I may be “old guard” in this respect, but any and all feedback I make is done without the slightest nod or thought about Crucible and that is unlikely to change in the near future.

Grabs popcorn for Z’s flames

But i thought Crucible was the place to test builds, what does it matter if it can’t do SR? I swear some people just change their arguments to suit their needs. (it wasn’t the OP that said this, but someone from their community).

Ah. Fair enough. Yeah I mean I don’t think Crucible is a useless metric when it comes to extreme disparities in performance but I would be content to ignore Crucible forever if told that it is no longer relevant to balance.

Balancing around SR and campaign alone would be neat to me. I do actually see pros as well we cons to keeping crucible relevant to balance decisions. But overall I’m biased because I find SR sooooo much more enjoyable. I suppose we must not forget the people who love and even prefer crucible.

I also love SR so much. But it seems we (or Z) sometimes forget about such people (no offence :stuck_out_tongue:)

Uhh, suuure.

It become clear very early on that the philosophy of ignoring Crucible performance was not going to work. Nor has Crucible balance been a priority…ever.

As I said: Change the meta of Crucible.

When I started Grim Dawn, Crucible was about finishing 170. A build which could do this without any sweat was nerfed. Mechanics which allowed to do that were obliterated (Chinese DA Stacking Meta anyone?). So why not bring it back again and make it harder?

Some will say: “But the loot to equip my toons.” Nope, I personally can´t accept this argument anymore. There are so much possibilities to get decent items…and even if this was the “problem”…well, give the loot to 150 and no extra loot for 160/170 (as example).

There are a lot of possibilities to make Crucible “harder”. The only thing I don´t want to see is more RNG.

I do not want to seem an ass, but you nerfed Ludrigan and Bloodrager literally on the next day after someone did a ~5m run in Cruci. There weren’t any results of this sets except Cruci (like superbosses or SR)

To be fair: Bloodrager did this time before buffs to set. And the nerfs were very very minor.

Nor has Crucible balance been a priority…ever.

5 Likes

You’re taking the nuance out of his statement. He doesn’t ignore the extreme of crucible either. Every build that fast in crucible trivializes campaign too. 6 minute crucible is the current standard for OP.

Do you mean to tell me that it was underperforming in the Campaign?

I too like to think the world revolves around me sometimes.

I mean that we haven’t even seen its performance in SR. And that’s when we come to

Why does every build need to perform equally in every mode of play?

Not to mention some people’s belief that SR75/76 should be the goal is never going to be reality.

1 Like

Well, a 7 or 8 minute build trivializes campaign, too. Except Superbosses.

@Dmt:
Bloodrager´s can do up to Shard 80 after nerf. Well, perhaps even more but I never had the passion to try it.

And I’m not talking that every build should be grate in every mode of play. But

Now builders write by themselves what to nerf in the build not to affect different modes. You said

But may be sometimes it’s better to listen to us and nerf smth with baby steps? There is always a time to make like “Hotfix x.x - set x nerfed to the ground” :grinning:

88 or even higher(but i’m lazy)

And a better pilot than me. :wink:

Please let me know the patch something was “nerfed into the ground”.

1 Like

Iskandra rework :rofl:

1 Like