Buy Now! is back online!

Will there be box version?

We think there is a reasonable chance that we will sign a distribution deal with someone to put out a box copy but we’re not sure when this might happen.

Hehe I was too hasty, and already pre-ordered this game some time ago - it will be my first game purchased in digital form btw.

I’m just curious, if there will be any content differences between digital and retail box version - something like Runic did with Torchlight.

EDIT:

I forgot to ask something. I might be wrong, but I read somewhere, you will be testing this game with players different PC setups; to optimize code for best performance. When it will take place?

Too hasty - I don’t think so … at least I have the impression, that the boxed version will become available weeks/months after the digital release. How long could you wait … knowing that all of us will be playing GD then?

I dont see what difference does that make, when I will play it.

I just bought my EPIC FAN EDITION :slight_smile: If this game will be as fun to play as TQ, then I’ll be satisfied!

And few words to the old IRON LORE/new CRATE Entertainment - You are doing GREAT JOB people! After TQ + IT [which, in my opinion, was far better than Diablo 2] You have my full trust/support!

Greetings
SAT

Bought my version this week and seeing the latest sceenshot I can’t wait.
And I completely agree with the posted above me.

Not everyone feels the same as us fanatics. D3 fans for example, keep trying to burn GD, and Shodan doesn’t feel the need to preorder, he wants a box. :stuck_out_tongue:

While I think there will be a box version, currently we haven’t made any plans for releasing one, so I don’t know for certain whether it would be any different. I don’t see why it would though unless we released it a long time after the downloadable version and needed to include a patches with it or something along those lines. What was different in the box version of Torchlight?

We haven’t set a date yet for alpha / beta as we don’t have a release date but my expectation is that we’d begin this probably 3-4 months prior to release or hopefully even sooner if we can manage it.

Torchlight had a third pet in the boxed version - a ferret if I recall right.

With a Legendary key in my back pocket, I’m looking forward to alpha/beta.

Thanks for working hard for all us fans of TQIT!

They added Ferret pet as a bonus to box version. Thats kind of pointless, if you ask me, because you can download it as a mod, but apparently, they wanted to squeeze more money.

IF you read more careful, you will notice that I already pre-ordered.

Dunno who is trying to burn GD, D3 fans, maybe some, but I noticed that with many other games genres, its quite common. Anyway, Im not into soft/hardware fanboy wars, its useless. I just buy what I need/like and dont brag about it, albeit I love reading peoples drunken ramblings and intoxicated epiphanies.

Actually the only reason they added the ferret to the box version, and not the downloadable, is because of a licensing agreement. They had to have something new in the box.

I’m a big TL fan, and i will probably buy D3, but i wish the devs of GD the best of luck, and i will probably pick up a beta preorder soon. Not all people want to “burn” new games. :smiley:

Which is a good thing you got it sorted, just picked up the Legendary edition. Devs for action RPGs / lootfests can’t get enough support imo!

Best of luck to you lads!

Is there an expiration date on the legendary offer? I’m merely observing for now, but if I like what I see come closer to launch, I’d love to be able to test the alpha version.

bump

can anyone answer this?

The expiration date is at least till alpha starts, but perhaps even till retail.

Medierra said it somewhere, sometime :slight_smile:

I’m not certain what we’ll do with the legendary edition once Alpha comes out but, at the moment, I don’t see any reason to take it down. Who knows, maybe we’ll just leave it up indefinitely for anyone who thinks the game is worth it and wants to pay more.

That said, I don’t think this will happen but maybe we’d pull the legendary down if for some reason we decided we needed to limit the number of people in the alpha. Currently we have no plans to do that but I don’t want to say anything will definitely be the case at this point.

I’m sure there are people like me who bought the legendary edition only to show their support. They do not get involved much in alpha.

Definitely hope the Legendary stays up upon Alpha arrival, as that’s been my planned time to secure the cash for it from the start. I’m trying to get better about using cash on a quick turnaround in terms of gaming endeavors, aside from it being yet another fresh motivator to do good work within the Alpha testing.

:stares at stack of games he bought long before he had a system to play them on to support good gaming notions, eventually got the system, yet still hasn’t quite had time to play: ;p