Camera Abuse, Aggro Abuse

freakin’ nerd. <3

1 Like

No shame. I loved dueling people K-style 1v1 and could play it for hours on end happily.

wtf was that. how did the dude die.

and wtf is up with the narrator’s voice. he sounds like he’s got a mouthful of saliva.

just swallow goddammit

He got ganked shot dead. It’s hard to explain properly tho what all is happening cuz I wasn’t joking… it takes hours upon hours to get good enough to take on other people already experienced in Kstyle.

And yes that narrator is boring af.

1 Like

I once ate one of those deep dish pizza things and there was no way around it buy a fork. I just can’t hold it properly unlike your usual pizza.

1 Like

Except that this won’t work in most boss rooms, they are just to small for that. The only boss room where it works consistently is the lava one.
So that’s another thing I keep suggesting, make boss rooms bigger.

Alright, but it’s not supposed to be a waste of time either. Nobody wants to restart SR everytime an impossible boss team rushes them. And dying your way through isn’t fun at all. So people use exploits in order to progress. In an ideal scenario, a player should be able to counter unfavorable RNG to some extent. Right now, the best and most consistent way to do that is camera abuse.

Same with Quake. Strafe-Jumping and Rocket-Jumping were never intended, yet ended up as two of the most fun features in the series.
Camera abuse isn’t a fun feature per se, but it eliminates frustration. Which is a big deal when it comes to RNG.
It’s far from an ideal situation, I hope Crate can find the time and resources to adress this, and I hope they will consider my suggestions (bigger boss rooms / replace boss rooms with special rooms).

1 Like

This begs the question - you are falsely assuming that it should work in all boss rooms, and falsely assuming that everyone should be able to progress past SR 65, when in reality most people don’t even complete the base game.

Anything beyond SR 65 is meant to be a crapshoot.

Because…

Question - how deep can you go into SR without using camera aggro abuse?

As mentioned above, if the answer is <65, then you’re probably piloting a spec ill-suited to this end game challenge, or your spec is sub-optimal.

If the answer is >65, then, as Z would say, “working as intended”

It doesn’t just eliminate the frustration - it makes SR 75 a joke, when this:

is able to beat 75+ with these following mistakes:

• FS transmuter was taken (i.e. searing might)
  • Word of renewal’s transmutor was taken
  • Kraken was taken

@Drakhan - no offence intended towards you or your theorycraft. I like the use of dual devil tongues, I’m just trying to examplify how cameraggrobuse undermines SR.

Because where do we draw the line? If camera abuse is clearly a feature not intended by crate, why not give yourself 500 skill points, and 100 devotion points?

What makes the former okay, but not the latter? In both scenarios you are exploiting the game.

Sure, GDstash is far more blatant an exploit, but camera abuse is still an exploit.

Besides, going back to GunZ and quake…these exploits added a whole new dimension of gameplay.

In SR, these exploits allow people to unfairly farm end game challenges.

2 very different things.

So why not just use GDstash

I actually beat 80 with that build didnt update it. It just shows how powerfull the build is even with mistakes that I made. Some stuff are uber broken. Doesnt mean that SR is broken. My pestilence dervish build barely beat 75. I even died couple times. Although pestilence build was optimized to teeth

As in: Zantarin’s vision range is 9.6543 meters slash direction of the wind multiplied by scent and weight of foot armor. According to this intel, best approach would be… ABORT ABORT ALL FOUR BUMRUSHING OUR POSITION AGAIN INITIATING ALT+F4 EXECUTIVE

Talking about 75 and lower, just about same deep on any build with some fluke hunt. Difference starts above 80-90 where aggromerabuse gives you room to kite. And this is a good thing. Actually makes you move you ass to beat your record and not mindlessly facetank singles until you can’t or the game rng decides to make you the sucker.

SR has always been a joke (at least below 80). It’s just that now more people understand it enough to enjoy it.

It is settled, then. Aggromerabuse stays. :boom:

1 Like

If you hit SR 80 using camera abuse, then I’m sorry. I’m not going to take the above seriously because of the reasons laid out in my previous reply.

Why, when you do SR what do you do? Either you grind it till you can get agro nice bosses and pull them 1 by 1? Which usually takes 50 keys. That means 150 shards to clear or spin the wheel

I’ve gone to 83 on this spec without camera abuse. Died multiple times in 83’s boss chunk, but I did it.

Only other build that I know which can do that is ultos vindicator. Tanks 4 bosses because of 3 mil GI dps and huge leech with high hp pool. Or some retals. The point that I dont agree is I dont want to sit for 10 hours clearing 150 chunks just to get that 1 shard where I can pull bosses 1 by 1 when I can already do that

lol. not true…

I’ve done this with multiple builds.

Vulkn’s TSS MH. Warborn EoR. Blightlord mortar trap shieldbreaker (hit SR 86 on a really lucky run). etc.

EDIT: Worth mentioning too that I rarely play tanks. Most of my specs are position/mobility-dependent glass cannons.

Closest we can compare SRs are the rifts in diablo 3. Or maps in poe 3 of them are designed the same. SR has a huge problem. If you ask me there should be only 1 super buffed boss instead of 4.

I agree with your points. Due to itemization some builds are just rocketing due to synergy. Some builds just straight up cant pull it. Coming up with a unqiue build these days till patch drops is impossible most of the sr80+ are already done. I would love to see someone come up with dreeglanore sword build that can pull sr 80.

Only part I dont agree is camera spin once again you either pull bosses 1 by 1 or you pull bosses 1 by 1 both gives the same results. If you can tank 2 at a time means either dps or leech is high enough. Meaning I am making a new build which I think can pull that off stay tuned.

Must all builds be able to achieve this?

Didnt people complain about devish not being able to do 75? Like a week ago.

Yes, because it used to be able to. It was one of the strongest builds in the game, before it got nerfed too harshly.

You’re conflating frustration with over-nerfs, with making SR 80 a universal thing all builds should be able to achieve.

Firstly…this is so arbitrary. What does this have to do with anything?

Secondly, @Valinov - did you ever manage to hit SR 75 with your rotgheist/dreeglanore spec?

Well mate I challange people to do SR 80 with Dreeglanore sword without camera abuse. Its plain impossible. I will be really happy if this happens because I love that sword.

Anyways these are good feedback thanks for discussion. I appriciate it. Its fun when you are passionate about the game

1 Like

I cleared up to 70. I haven’t tried any further. I do plan on going back to that character again soon to see how he stands on the current patch. Rotgheist has received several buffs since then

1 Like