Cold fw battlemage upd. 18.03.22 (see first post for more information)

killed avatar of mordrogen for 2hours lmao w/o rip
it almost looks like my set never proc
if I use this spreadsheet it should be around 7% but it almost never proc. I have 3100 OA, AoM 2828 DA, im pretty sure he has more DA than it write in grimtools

… looks like I need 3400-3500 OA. its still possible becouse I still didnt change MI’s pants and belt

if anyone need video I could upload later
if set will proc I think could kill ~30min. its not about dmg problem , just need crits

also I collecting items for my second build that will be aether EoR+Devastation

update your grimtools to see it

I use online version

I mean the one in your pj

first page updated., i diidnt change items since long time. will change when start farm MI’s belt +1 to soldier
dont know what pj mean…

GT defaults enemies to lvl 100, Mogdrogen is not lvl 100, he’s higher, like between 110 or 114 iirc - so his DA is way higher than 2828
can use this crit calc to see your hit rating against his DA 🧮 Critical Hit / Resistance Calculators - DPS multipliers
i’m not gonna go into the build in details,
suffice it to say that Mogdrogen has so sky high resist; he’s not really a boss where you wanna take “no” RR, and you only have Murmur. You didn’t take viper, you didn’t take flat RR - proccing Silver Sentinel, from low OA (which you could fix too), is like minimal concern there, when you left so many other options on the table

???
I took viper devotion

ah yea, my bad, i’m blind lol - still no crown/flat, which is super important the way viper works in conjunction with -%

I still think with more OA the fight will be easier.
RR is the build problem, i know. I have murmur, set proc and viper. set proc didnt work - thats a problem I could solve

current setup gets him to 60% cold resist
bringing up OA to better trigger Silver sentinel will bring him to 50% cold resist
meanwhile taking crown (3 devo points) would bring him to 28% cold resist - without silver sentinel proc

which one has more value? (not saying you can’t do both ofc)

suppose it doesn’t really matter now anyway, since you can’t fight him again, just pointing out the minor value Sentinel proc had/would have had compared

I thought about crown devotion but it did inconsistency with my playstyle
he summon a lot of monsters, you need to get him with smth and then atack. thats take time and if you stop attack you can die becouse of no LL. I mean I see your point but in practice I dont like it

sure, if you insist on a purely 1 attack button build, but that would just be the “penalty” if you didn’t wanna use an offensive movement rune or blitz or other cooldown attack skill avail
using another skill also isn’t “stop attacking”; it’s still attacking, which would lifesteal
and either way, even if it was a non WD attack, like if we used trozan or whatever silly thing on purpose, a single attack spent on debuff wouldn’t kill you; “every” build has these types of “interrupts”, and are perfectly capable of surviving that

maybe you are right, but I still think that I already have RR that didnt work (didnt proc), so I should solve this problem first.
if it will be enough i will not change to crown

i could change belt, pants, and add more points in cunning
instead 3-2-2 f.e 3-3-2

sure,
you need about 160 OA to get 5% crit chance against mogdrogen,
which then wouldn’t apply 60% of the time because you’re relying on Fighting Spirit proc for a lot of your OA - that’s 12 secs every time where you wont proc Silver sentinel
it’s a lot of effort for minimal RR when you OA is the way/so low it is because of relying on fighting spirit proc for your OA

no matter how you slice it, crown just seems simpler to me :sweat_smile: - obv it’s your build so it’s up to you

also second point that I want max crit and slow resistance
slow resistance is very importante so when i will change pants I will set points to decorated soldier (~80%slow res)

I mean yes 2 hours of mordrogen fight that not you want of good build, but it my first build and it have problems from the begining. I cant change devotions to not lack of resistance and OA

the only thing I could change blizzard for crown for nem, what do you think?
I have a button that choose nem’s attack)

i mean blizzard is kinda pointless when you are not critting, right? it’s a “on crit” devotion

so swapping blizzard to crown would only cost you that proc, that rarely if never happens, and give you “passive” constant dmg increase instead via RR applied - which you could attach to nemesis to trigger
wouldn’t cost any OA or resist, in fact crown gives you resist and amatok doesn’t
also not sure what you mean with “max crit” - there is no crit resist, and you are unlikely to maximize your crit dmg against mogdrogen, considering the amount of OA you need for that, currently your best hope would be to get enough OA to just get in first tier of crits/get within range of being able to crit him frequently enough “at all”

1 Like

ok will try nem with crown) thank you)
max crit I mean max rending force

rending force %crit doesn’t really matter much when you are not critting, right?
again, you would need like 160 OA just to get 5% crit rating, which is 1/20th force wave swing
you’d need even more OA to get a mere 10% crit rating against Mogdrogen

again sorta pointless now, since you can’t fight him again, just saying your priorities for Mogdrogen/Celestial fighting might be a bit skewed

1 Like

alright dps for single target same
again thank you

I havent set proc problems before mordrogen actually