Cold fw battlemage upd. 18.03.22 (see first post for more information)

what time do you need? in 150-170

change devotions

damage absorb will use to me if proc by nem, right?
@Gnomish_Inquisition

alright I personally dont like crucible but will record video special for savage1991

a bit lmao video
see 1st page
@savage1991
next vids will be SR max possible or other superbosses

no, will proc on pet, which will be useless since it’s immortal

ok then I refuse to do this build
I want some build to do with frostburn. but not thinking about it yet
as I understand frostburn stack with different sources, f.e frostburn damage on weapon and frostburn damage on shield will stack, right?
@Gnomish_Inquisition

yes and no
shield is considered a weapon, so any “flat” frostburn on shield will only be applied with shield attacks/attacks that use or scale on shield dmg
but, weapon dmg in regards to true DoTs like frostburn is considered 1 source, even if it’s left/right hand
when we say different sources we mean different attacks; but also different attacks with their own native DoT
ex could be your battlemage with cold Forcewave
Forcewave has its own DoT (trauma) which we can convert to Frostburn
so that will be 1 source of Frostburn
then Forcewave also has %weapon dmg, which will apply global amassed “flat” Frostburn
which then gives Forcewave 2 sources of Frostburn
but since one of those are %WD based frostburn, it means it wont stack with other %WD applied frostburn, highest would tick

suggest you look through this to get a better understanding on true DoTs

2 Likes

dont understand %wd dot
my forcewave have 230% wd cold damage. it has not frostburn in any way,. (without trauma dot)
if I take trauma dot, then trauma dot will be converted to frostburn damage since I have 100phys>cold conversion

%WD dot is just dot applied through attacks with %weapon dmg
just like how %WD applies your global flat dmg (character page 2)
ofc if you don’t have any global “flat” dot you won’t apply any through %WD
(I used your battle mage as an example because of forcewave making a simple comparison - most DoT builds that use weapon attacks will have global “flat” dot, just like how weapon attacker builds have regular global flat dmg)

here is an example on grimtools on a bleeding build with global flat bleed dmg - which will then be applied through %WD on skills/attacks; but highest %WD attack will count/tick

2 Likes

is it possible to do build only on frostburn :thinking:

not 100%
you will always do some flat cold dmg, it will be basically unavoidable
it could potentially be doable to focus “a lot” in frostburn dmg tho, so it almost becomes the majority of your dmg
but since frostburn almost never comes on its own, ie is always on cold items, they likely also have flat cold
or if through conversion, means you’re also converting the flat dmg type of whatever dot you’re converting
ie if you’re converting trauma to frostburn you will also convert flat phys to flat cold. If you convert poison to frostburn you convert acid to cold etc etc etc

ex of an acid build that didn’t super focus on poison(dot) dmg but still gained a bunch

it’s potentially doable to lean heavily into DoTs, and make it a massive part of your global dmg,
but keep in mind most of your dot stacking will come from different skills/spells, so you don’t need 99% of your global flat/%WD/char page 2 dmg be from DoT

2 Likes

found this from last crucible
probably will think later about it

this 1479 frostburn will stack with star pact sef frostburn, right?

that would be an example of global flat Frostburn
(star pact is a buff so any flat dmg it provides is considered global and regular flat dmg rules applies),
and would then apply through your weapon attacks or %WD on skills - with the highest %WD effect counting (since any/all %WD DoT is considered 1 source)

1 Like

so 1479 is regular
star pact itself is global

star pact is buff, so the 1479 it provides becomes global flat, or regular if you wanna call it that - it will be combined in your character sheet page 2
it will then be applied through weapon attacks or skills with %weapon dmg; and scale up/down with %WD amount

1 Like

i mean amulet dmg will stack with starpact frostburn damage right? (last question Im sorry)

yes, like any source of global flat frostburn
it’s just extra frostburn added to star pact you could say, doesn’t really matter where it comes from or what the amount is, on it or on star pact, it’s all global flat frostburn in this case

1 Like

I refuse of my last build most of becouse I really love nem + crown combination
and would like to see it in next build
probably smth with shield to get phys res

nightblade is a mastery with lots of frostburn sources you could build upon or incorporate into something
obviously goes well with Nemesis relic too since it’s +1 nightblade - also can get additional “pets” with Blade Spirits skill to help trigger devotions

1 Like

I could do any masteries with dot dmg, just with phys>elem dmg, I think
for example blade arc > laceration, right? +star pact

another crucible done

150-170 was w/o buffs. 1 full regen totem, and 1 2/3 cold totem.

next build I think still will be smth like this

will use augments on atack speed. craft on phys>aether
devastation should time delation itself

1 Like

tested build whirlwind deal no dmg so will not do that build
probably will do some crucible/sr runes finish dlc tries uberbosses and then will thinking about next one
also need to finish sets. maybe will do with someone from them