ComboMod Testversion

I posted the balanced blade vortex including as a component that can be applied to weapons here :

1 Like

oh yes just checked i must have missed to integrate the additional resources xD will reupload in a minute, sorry!

very nice, thank you, will check into it later this day :slight_smile:

reuploaded 0.5c, sorry for inconvenience!

I am not sure what would be the best way to track bugs, as it seems to be a random crash.
So maybe this could be because 1 item /affix/proc/skill rune is missing a reference or that refers to an old skill name that doesn’t exist anymore in the game data.

maybe, morning I test Nec+ witch doc 3hours then hapeen black crash, before crash few second, only kill common and champion type monster. then just crash.
edit: 3hours almost run in Cairn world, farm SR 2times maybe. this last crash position,I ran over and took a screenshot again to show u .

When finish shrine then few second run then black.

Yes I am invesigating but there seems to have so many different changes to loot and spawns that it’s difficult to see what is the issue.
I like this mod but we need to find where is the issue, this is very annoying.
We need a way to meticulously find if the crash comes from :

1. Loot : Rare items and/or affixes
  2. Loot : component
  3. Skills
  4. Monster
  5. Script
    …

So I tried increasing density and number of heros with grimmest to crash the game faster.

1 Like

yes there can be so many reasons :smiley: i would start with amulet affixes as there are for sure skillaugments that have been removed from the basegame and are still linked in those affixes, will check this too after finishing up the integration of your Cold Blade Vortex today :slight_smile: really cool fx mate, yesterday the last thing i tried is to make it have levels with xp, that even worked but it will not level / get xp, even tried to add it to the devotiontree as a skill but no effect :frowning:

I spawned an amulet with invalid skillaugment, invalid modifierskillName and invalid modifierskillname it didn’t crash the game

at least good to know that is not the issue :slight_smile: maybe it is simply the fact that there are too much scripts added? anything maybe wrong with the order they have been added? i am absolutly not speaking lua, i was simply adapting this language to make it work. i think you speak this language and have better insight into this.

It’s crazy, when i see that i can spawn whole Conclave with devotionshrines and then you have not even much on screen and it crashes, seems to be very hard to track down, but we will not surrender here :smiley:

I didnt understand why make soul bound. some item is good for other build. but can give it. because D3 POE like this?

some items are too strong to swap between chars and should remain character ONLY to have something unique to farm for and to repeat this process over and over again. currency is soulbound and special gearitems are soulbound, nothing more. alot basegame soulbound items are not soulbound anymore.

I don’t know if that can help you track the bugs.
What I did is to create 3 dbrs inside records (in order to be easy to type in the console)
proxy.dbr, test.dbr
then type
game.spawn “records/test.dbr” to span loot orbs that will spawn hundreds of rare item affixed.
I tried spawning hundreds of the monster infrequent with random affixes (including d3 affixes) from the three bosses from the devotion in Act 1
(aetherial_roguelike_watcher_01,aetherial_fleshhulk_mine,reanimator)

But I couldn’t crash the game.
My last crash is with the initial way Act1 devotion shrine in Ultimate difficulty (I am not sure why it seems to crash more often than spawning it) :

My new test run : hidden loot, kill monster from the shrine (waiting a litlle then show loot) and repeat to see if changes something

1 Like

So I killed the monsters, loot filter everything hidden
Once monsters were killed, I waited 1s, then I checked the show rare item from loot filter.
Then when I mouse over the rare:
“Puncturing Exalted Culass of Haunt”, the game froze.

Is there :

1. A modified “Puncturing” D3 affix ?
  2. A modified “Exalted Cutlass” ?
  3. A modified “of the Haunt” suffix ?
1 Like

Cool and thank you for your effort.
Yes there are modified gearitems in “records\combomod\items\gearitems\vanillacommon” maybe there is some config issue with their itemlevel/levelreq? also yes for the modified affixes, my guess would be that there might be also an issue with their configuration, if you might want to check that, located in records\combomod\portable_npcs\NPC03+NPC07, 03 is for D3 rare affixes, was completly revamped as a new start to add more lateron.
Atm i am experiencing a strange behaviour, was setting up a new lootset for the new blade and Blade Vortex, was creating a new pet that has Blade Vortex linked, worked fine, then i was changing parameters on the pet, now the game just shuts down on loading up xD backups ftw but must be investigated here first now, and i am on the turn to leave the house in a few minutes even xD but will do that later when i am back, maybe you even got some more insights then and maybe already found something that could be it :slight_smile:

I spawned some of the “of haunt” suffix without issues I don’t know what could cause this issue.
Now this screen when it crashed, I think I was over Dread Lord’s Preserver Targe of Decay (but the Exalted Cutlass is close)

Now I crashed over stonefaced Aetherscorched Cleaver of Ruin

And after that I crashed with the mouse over
“Poisoned Exalted Cleaver of the Slayer”

I think these are vanilla weapons (with vanilla item affixes) that dropped from one of these zombies :

nameChampion1,records/creatures/enemies/devotion/zombie_h01.dbr,
nameChampion2,records/creatures/enemies/devotion/zombie_h02.dbr,
nameChampion3,records/creatures/enemies/devotion/zombie_h03.dbr,
nameChampion4,records/creatures/enemies/devotion/zombie_h04.dbr,
nameChampion5,records/creatures/enemies/devotion/zombie_h05.dbr,

Maybe the game crashes when trying to show the tooltip comparison between my weapon and these, but there would be no reason unless something was wrong when they dropped ( item level?).

you have “show tooltips” set to off i guess, and then the engine still tried to compare tooltips? then i would say yes that might be an issue, which i tought we can go around by simply turning it off :smiley: will check for the named databases and what is going on with the rare baseitem, yes according to itemlevel, that also can absolutly be i guess. let’s check this :slight_smile:

I just verified even thought the zombies use mastertable mt_gearweaponsmelee1h_vanilla, these will use level table that will target for example tdyn_sword1h_a01 which uses modified D3 affixes (for example).

So these items could have items with D3 items affixes.

I will uncheck auto tooltip to see if that could prevent this crash.
EDIT :I can confirm that auto tooltip may solve this crash, because when I mouse over a rare item with affix and press X to show tooltip comparison it crashed the game.
Now we need to understand why these items crash the game.

I suspect one of the D3 suffix to cause this crash.
Latest crash was with a Occultist’s Kyzogg’s Skull of Hammering

tagRareSuffixOffhandD068=of Hammering