ComboMod Testversion

The mode is pretty interesting since it makes playing on the Veteran difficulty quite challenging (the Normal difficulty is still easy, the Veteran difficulty is harsh and makes you pay for mistakes). The fact that you have to fight bosses in order to get devotion points is good.
I like the addition of “portable blacksmithes” and one-use traders which drop from Monster Totems and allow you to buy rare items.
I think that Hero Monsters would be better to have new abilities and more health (~33%, for example) instead of being surrounded by invulnerable spawns with these new abilities which dissapear on monsters’ death. These spawns are annoying because you can’t directly destroy them.
I suggest to make Grim Souls work like the essence that drops from enemies in the Shattering Realm and instantly buffs player’s character on being picked.
The changes to character progression - I am not fond of them. The original attribute and skill point progression is good, and 74 devotion points is too many (60 is enough, in my opinion).
I suggest to add MI items and legendaries from Grim League Season 3 so that players will have more options to farm bosses around the game world.
And is it possible to add Grim Quest classes and items to this mode?

1 Like

Howdy :slight_smile: Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

Archetypes do have new abilities xD only them, else this would be too much ;D yes there are invulnerable spawns but intended, you can kill what is killable :smiley: acting like a threat on top, as this is summoned by Archetypes, this is absolulty the thing i was aiming for, balancing it out is a work in progress, still :smiley: and all Archetypes do also have increased health ;D

it does :smiley: when you loot a Grim Soul, you automatically should loot another Soul which grants the buff, still working on my end ;D

I would suggest to wait for Season 5 ending, then a post-season version should be available and that is the goal, to integrate that content, especially for the new areas, hopefully :smiley:

sure it is, but i won’t do that at this point as there are SO many things to do before adding more classes, which would add another part to the foxtail, and i think it’s long enough atm for a hobbyproject like this for a single person :slight_smile:

Cheers.

What does that even mean? Ive seen that hint on some other crazy mike options but i couldnt figure out how to adjust anything

it can be adjusted in the conversation via the conversation editor, is the simple meaning of this.

So like…with the mod tools? So id need to decompile the mod, change it, and compile it again? That always seems like a nightmare thats impossible to do

not impossible at all :smiley: and you do not have to do this if you don’t want :smiley: it’s for testing purposes ONLY as this is still a TESTVERSION xD

howdy :slight_smile:

a cool skill from Path of Grim Dawn will return in the next update, Celestial Kinetic Blast, available via a new Exiled Skillgem, lootable from all Treasure Guardians by chance as usual :slight_smile:

Grim Dawn 2023 07 01 12 08 - YouTube

will also do a checkup on the Void Shot and the Heralds so they can maybe return aswell :slight_smile:

I think the next update will arrive at the start of the next week as this weekend is pretty busy alltogether ;D

Cheers.

EDIT1: oh yes, nearly forgot, all Minor gearitems FINALLY have been rebalance for level 5, for the next update aswell :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry but I searched and didn’t find the answer. Can I play this multiplayer?

Howdy :slight_smile:

Yes i think you can, but i think there are some issues regarding to Grimmest and Hero Archetypes which i had no chance to test out really, just heard of it. You should simply try it and check if it works for you :slight_smile: I would suggest to simply turn OFF Grimmest and see if it works.

Thanks! Real quick: This seems to only work in NON-x64 right? Also, I have like +10000% exp boosts at the start but killing things still gives barely any exp. Am I missing something?

no, always x64 on my end :smiley: but should make no difference at all in the end.

seems like, you get no boost unless you use an XP-potion or speak to the guard at Devils Crossing inner gate until you are characterlevel 10, additional boosts are only granted by lorenotes and lorecontainers all accross Cairn. you get some potions by the initial quest from The Emissary. This is to give the option to level very slow, normal, fast OR very fast.

EDIT1: yes the Wisp will also increase your experiencegain, but non of them, not even added all up, will lead to 10k boost :smiley:

sidenote: AUTOCAST was added to this skill and guess what happened… xDD instant crash by intention LOL :smiley: but quickly fixed by template swap, yeehaa xD

Grim Dawn 2023 07 02 09 58 - YouTube

can not work with “Multiple Projectiles” like this but not really needed i think, maybe can be done via another skillmodifier lateron, unsure, but GFN :smiley: furthermore also already assimilated the Heralds, the Void + Ice Shot (yes they were a bit different but seemed like not working anymore in that PoGD so i decided to make it work in 2 skill instead of 1 with AUTOCAST…xD also was missing a template from PoGD so i had no other choice :D), now i think only “Spark” is missing which i am working on lateron today. Then i think only the character effects from PoGD are missing, which i might add to the Omega Endless Buffsystem as unique characterFX auras to get rid of the generic basegame ones :slight_smile: we will see…

2 Likes

Sparks incoming xD

Grim Dawn 2023 07 02 11 07 - YouTube

1 Like

I’m looking to play the riftstalker from Dawn of Masteries or Grimarillion, but he doesn’t seem to be available. Am I doing something wrong?

You’re playing the wrong mod, that class isn’t in this mod

1 Like

xD yes, ONLY Diablo 3 classes are available in this compilation :slight_smile:

faster then i thought xD update incoming

##################################################################################
0.7c
##################################################################################

• CHANGE: Shattered Realm → ruleset changes: boss amount reverted to a max of 4! the amount of common proxies has slightly increased and bonustimes for common/hero/boss/nemesis have been adjusted accordingly; the killcounter bonustime behaviour has changed → now every enemy grants exactly 0.5 seconds to the killcounter, it needs a minimum of 8 to trigger the counter and it has a resettime of 4 seconds → means you can clear the whole area with one combo if you are fast (and the mobdensity allows it xD) and get accordingly bonustime then, which will never add up to a higher amount of seconds then enemies are in the area /2! → THEREFOR the starttime for each shard has been DECREASED to get a better feeling of progression while inside, at least this is the feeling for me :slight_smile: tell me what YOU think!
  • CHANGE: Shattered Realm Diabolic Bosses → adjusted the spawnmechanic to have a random pool for spawning them again as it was intended in the original mod → simply a bit too much IF 4 are spawning at the same time, still not perfect but seems to work alot better this way; furthermore DEcreased overall power of Azmodan, Envy and Zoltun;
  • FIX: REMOVED all Minor gearitems from Shattered Realm EXTRA Rewardchests on high shards!
    ################################################################################
  • CHANGE + FIX: enemybalance → REVERTED TO BASEGAME VALUES: MonsterRunSpeedCapMin, MonsterAttack+SpellcastSpeedCapMin, BossRunSpeedCapMin, BossAttack+SpellcastSpeedCapMin;
  • CHANGE: enemybalance → CHANGED characterRunSpeedModifier= -18/-18/-18/-18/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0 (basegame value) → 15/15/15/15/25/25/25/25/35/35/35/35 → 0/0/0/0/18/18/18/18/18/18/18/18 → GLOBAL!
  • CHANGE: playerbalance → playerSpellCastSpeedCapMax + playerAttackSpeedCapMax DECREASED from 300 to 250, simple cause it is way more then enough ;D
    ################################################################################
  • CHANGE: oneshot chestloottalbes → ADDED Exotic Summon Stone II (Elite+); furthermore added this Exotic Summon Stone also to ALL normal Treasure Guardians as miscloot with a low chance to drop;
  • BIG CHANGE: Grimmest Conversation → overhauled for a revamp on this → NO more increases in mobdensity, ONLY additional spawns available → T1 - T4! added scriptcommand to turn feature OFF to “npc_endlessdungeon_event_01a.cnv” aswell to automatically deactivate this feature when entering the SR! cleaned tags, cleaned up the Grimmest NPC + Crazy Mike; new FXauras for Zeke; added “old” function to “disable density” ALSO to “disable additional spawns” to DEBUG people who might still have it active! ;D → simple reason for doing this is there are plenty issues with increasing the global density like this so i decided to cut this off and MANUALLY will adjust SOME spawns via their pools over time and as i feel in need :smiley: furthermore increasing the density like this before would always conflict with the added Hero Archetype monstergenerators, so this is also to avoid conflicts on this. Additional spawns seems to work pretty good overall up to level 4 of it, so i felt in need to cut it at that point, which even might also be a “bit” over the top anyone would play for a long time, BUT it is fun for some at least :slight_smile: Me personally like it most at max level 2 tbh :slight_smile:
  • CHANGE + NEW: added SOME POOLS to manually fill up places with more action, just as a starter :smiley: → zombies → adjusted min/max amount for commons by 100/200% and most of them WILL spawn a champion/hero at 100% now!
  • CHANGE: Minor Items → Diablo 3 Minor gearitems have MOVED internally → unfortunatly have to be reaquired SORRY!
  • CHANGE + FIX: finally DONE (for now xD) with D3 + Basegame Minor gearitems balancing → also removed value “itemSetName” from ALL Minor gearitems to avoid abusing them early on;
  • CHANGE: Shatter NPCs → slightly reduced chance for CORRUPTION!
  • CHANGE: all Novice Gem skills → adjusted for a better targeting performance and overall experience, some fx changes due to this aswell; reduced weapondamage and added small amount of flat damage for the according element;
  • CHANGE: D3 class Demonhunter → skill “Chakram” → added targetFxpak and specialAnimation;
  • CHANGE + NEW: (RE)added Random D3 Epic + Legendary “gambling” in a bit simplyfied way → swapped the whole thing to Etram Fald in Tyrants Hold, adjusted prices and in the background it is LINKED to Random02 LT + TDYN’s to maintain this a lot easier :slight_smile: Etram now also has the completionbonus like the Portable Gambling NPC’s! NO setitems from this one as D3 setitems have been added to the TRANSMUTE basegame mechanic already, so no need for adding them here i think; → it’s not mega cheap and you HAVE to move to the castle to check it out :wink:
  • CHANGE + NEW: Lost Treasures → REMOVED tiering on Exiled Skillgems → now they are for endgame ONLY! adjusted the FrozenOrb skillgem accordingly, still can be put into shared stash! adjusted tag and classification therefor on the NOVICE GEMS for seperating these 2 new DIFFERENT GEM TYPES!
  • NEW: various new Exiled Skillgems have been created (-> took the best leftover skills from the mod “Path of Grim Dawn” and adjusted them as usual xD)
    → Celestial Kinetic Blast; (HINT: her was an AUTOCAST added which was an obvious crashcause → this has been fixed!)
    → Herald of Ash + Herald of Ice + Herald of Thunder;
    → Void Shot;(HINT: was an AUTOCASTED skill before, has been massivly revamped!)
    → Ice Shot;
    → Spark;
    → Righteous Fire;
    → MOST of those added skills have had a massive revamp and can be looted from all Treasure Guardians and the Ultimate Treasure Guardian as usual! as i am too lazy to note all those stats down here now you have to check them out for yourself xD i will add everything with a picture lateron to the pdf :slight_smile: there is also a character (_combomodLT01) included in the additional package which has all this stuff stashed to test out!
    → alltogether there are now 14 Exiled Skillgems to hunt for at the usual spots;
  • CHANGE: all Exiled Skillgems now have a correct gem bitmap assigned;
  • CHANGE: slight adjustments to the global riftgate FX to make it a bit different to the SR riftgate, nothing special, looks fine for now :slight_smile: PSEditor is not easy to use, rly xD

especially the Spark skill is really fun to play i think ;D

will be available in a few moments, packing up.

Have a nice night!

2 Likes

I didnt understand why cant craft it ?

what Summon stone II for?

because it is simply a REROLL now and not getting gearitems for currency as it was described in the patchnotes mate :slight_smile:

Exotic Summon Stone II is for summoning a merchant, which provides ONLY epic gearitems for your needs, pretty rare drop (monstertotems on all difficulties, oneshotchests elite +, all Treasure Guardians), nothing special, just as a T2 for getting additional items for leveling phase.

EDIT1: since last update you can go to Etram Fald in Tyrants Hold, IF you would like to gamble for Epic + Legendary gearitems from the D3 mod :wink: in addition the TRANSMUTE of nearly any setitem to a D3 setitem is possible since a while already, accessible via the Inventor :slight_smile:

this not fine, upgrade item will easy break, which means I need to farm Set item or gamble??