Complete Remaster of Grim Dawn's vanilla textures, I bring you GrimTex

Very simple. Remove the fx folder. :grinning:

Ok, since I am an amateur in this stuff, to clarify: I would need to remove the fx folder for Doom Bolt, and that would keep the default fx for it? Other fx that you changed would still be present (because I like everything else that I saw)?

(Sorry for bugging you like this, like I said, I’m not good in this stuff)

No its ok. If you removed the fx folder it would remove all the new fx i changed. The more advanced way would be for you to find it in the fx folder and delete doom bolt itself.

And I suppose files are nsmed accordingly, so fx related to Doom Bolt have the phrase “Doom Bolt” in their name?

I believe so. Sadly not near my PC atm to check.

Thx anyway. I hope I’ll find it.

Got the new card, installed, and decided to give the intended version a shot. Holy. Shit. You did an amazing job here. 1440p 100 frames maxed settings with the rx6600. Thank you for doing this!

1 Like

I know. It’s literally a “game” changer. Glad you like your 6600!

1 Like

Thanks man,I know 6600 is present day entry level, but I think it bench’s around 150% better speeds than that dinosaur of a 1050ti it replaced. I mostly use my ps5 for gaming, but this coupled with D4 was worth it.

After the 3 beta’s and 50 hours since release, think I am done with D4 for now. That game is like my ex, deep as a puddle.

Fixed portals and the roots today. :slight_smile: Now I just need to find the stone flooring that youve shown me before. It does not seem to be any of the stoneworks textures, which is really odd lol.

Even if you don’t find it and fix it, you’ve done a great job. This graphics bug in my opinion is not that important. I haven’t found more graphical bugs so far, but I haven’t been everywhere either. I’m currently playing D4 and I regret the money I spent but that’s by the way ;).

I believe I found the necropolis texture. I definitely fixed the roots in caves, and portals though! There was a stone file that was too large for the game engine. I think it was not loading correctly into vram. Should be resolved now! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good day Sir. Just wanted to post this here. I’m using V3.0 from the Nexus. These floor textures are being quite elusive it seems.

Yes they are lol. Its crazy they are not located under “stoneworks”

1 Like

Newest version I am pretty sure I fixed them this time. I found there was 2 files with the same name. Comparing it to the vanilla file, one had alpha and one didnt. I used the same file that had no alpha 2x. It was also called cobblescatacombs01_dif. The developers improperly tagged it as a _dif texture, when it infact is not. :slight_smile: Please let me know if it is resolved. I am not at that point in the game on PC.

can you check this location for me? :slight_smile:

Hello, I don’t find a readme in the 2x version. Does it all just go in settings folder now per other thread?Also, this one isn’t marked for expansions on nexus, so does it contain the expansions? thanks

It does have the expansions. I didnt redo the 2x version just yet, but it does go in same folder. Settings.

So I just extracted to “settings” folder and it worked. I checked it against the videos on the stonework in Devil’s Crossing and some other places and definitely looks upgraded. I think even the eye on DEE looks improved. thanks for your work! PS: I didn’t want to chance it on 6gb card with the 4x but this works fine.

im updating 2x again today :slight_smile: