Could Crucible be made more user friendly?

You.
Are.
Wrong.

Let’s just leave it at that.

You can’t say I’m wrong unless you prove it.

You cast pox and small skellies get terrified then die. Or you cast pox, skellies don’t get terrified, they hit you for literally no damage then they die. What’s the difference?

You cast pox on Reaper. You hope he gets terrified but he doesn’t. He still dies eventually but the terrify still didn’t matter.

You cast pox on Ravager. You hope he gets terrified but he doesn’t. You die cause it’s Ravager and tbf it’s hard unless you know what you’re doing. Terrify still doesn’t matter.

Now tell me how terrify is any good.

I’m not saying remove terrify entirely. It’s still very usable in the early game and if you’re memeing. But it’s not good in the objective sense. It doesn’t make you kill faster, and it doesn’t really make you live longer because the targets that matter don’t get terrified. Unless your build isn’t good, of course, which is why it’s often more useful in the early game when everyone still sucks.

1 Like

Let’s just turn it around and say, a build that cannot handle CCs on Mobs is the real sucker. How about that?

Play a Pox/Omen/Corruption build first, then we talk.

Let’s just say: nothing more convenient than infecting them and let them run into the next mobs, infecting those, they again run into the next mobs infecting them… you kill everything. Effortless. And no one stands in your way, litteraly.

And for the Big shots you use ‘the other’ skills, what ever they may be.

Btw, I don’t need to prove anything to you. I love seing Mobs sent flying with e.g. Bloodbathed Links. I will not have a few lazy players ruin that for their ‘competitive’ (THAT realy made me laugh!!) build dick measuring contest.

Let me quote this again, so you may understand:

If you are unable to do that, maybe your builds are not that competitive after all.

You mean the mobs that don’t get terrified?

I dare say even on that setup terrify and confuse is not ideal.

Yeah yeah because everyone is in distance of being infected if they ever run away. A lot of them isn’t even in the same direction your terrified guy runs to. The easiest way to spread your pox/omen/corruption setup is to let yourself run towards the guys you wanna spread the virus to and they’ll spread it amongst themselves like a covid superspreader. You gonna walk anyway to go where you need to go. Why not bring them along with you?

Then what the hell is the use of the terrify setup if you’re gonna fight the big guys the normal way anyway? Don’t tell me you’re making an entire build just for trash mobs?

Ehem. Lemme tell you this:

Btw, I don’t need to prove anything to you. I love seeing Mobs sent to their deaths with e.g. Drain Essence on Uroboruuk set without Terrify. I will not have one meme player ruin that for their ‘convenient’ (THAT really made me laugh!! Seriously is what you said even convenience?) zombie racing contest

1 Like

And I suggest you both take a break from this thread for 24 hours. How’s that. Before it descends into name calling, etc.

1 Like

This is just a lot of defiant BlaBla.

You and people like you want to CHANGE something, that makes sense and fun to the majority of players, you doing so for a pseudo-competitve playstyle because of a ‘Timer’ in a special setup you are unable to efficiently control. I on the other hand just want to keep it as it is.

PS: yes, kiting them Mobs into each other is part of the fun.

PPS: terrify and confusion are potential secondary effects of my prefered skills. There is no ‘setup’ buildable on them.

don’t worry, Ima not taking him/that personal.

You can’t speak from the majority point of view, it’s still your personal opinion like everyone else’s.

The point of the feedback is improvement of Crucible, how CC effects interact with it is secondary objective. But fact is certain CC have negative impact of your experience, which is the point of view listed so far in the topic by experiencd players in that game mode.

they have no negative impact on MY experience. Duh!? I need to sleep now, havent slept for 2 days.

Later Alligator.

1 Like

Hey you know I don’t do that unless it’s lee and he’s not here with us now :rofl:

Lmao read the below quote again.

You probably should. You’ll be more sensible afterwards.

2 Likes

I’ll mention the irony of people complaining that CC seemingly sucks in endgame, but now people want mobs to be immune to terrify and confuse. :scorv:

Yeah, yeah, i know the complaint is targeted at bosses and not heroes.

2 Likes

I know this was originally a thread about mutators but since part of this got devolved into terrify and confusion drama, I’ll just add my 2 cents about terrify and confuse. Medea you can move this tk another thread if it needs to be but for now the discussion is here so I’ll post here.

Disclaimer: Keep in mind that I’m talking about Ultimate diffculty and Gladiator Crucible here. Whether it’s “endgame” or not doesn’t matter since mutators aside, the resistances I’m talking about is relevant on those difficulties no matter where you are. I know very well how useful those two stats are in the early game.

I don’t think terrify and confuse should be entirely removed in any game mode whatsoever. Some people thunk it’s bullshit only in cruci. Some like me think it’s bad for the entire game (again look at disclaimer). Some think it’s a positive. But even tho I hate that mechanic with a passion, we still gotta stick with theme and intuitiveness. Yes it’s thematic with pox, then don’t remove it on pox. It’s also optional on pox anyway. But then on Uro set and things like Necrotic edge I don’t think it fits. I’ve made a feedback on Uro set and it’s still there. Not saying I should get more bearing on feedback than others but I think it should be revisited again. It’s been almost 2 years since I made that thread

@ya1 3rd point is something that should really occur and follows the design of SR, in the fact that mutators don’t change once you start.

In this situation, those who are asking for CR changes are primarily those who are playing the mode anyways and I doubt, at this point in the game’s current life, that any proposed changes will hurt the community as a whole.

Terrify being there or gone makes no difference to me since I am not trying to beat a times with the exception of getting my extra SR chests and mobs running away are fine as long as I’m filling the progress bar. CR players have a different set of problems.

In short, backing QoL support is the right thing at this point. If I was to ask for any development required changes, it would be selecting mutators and having loot increased based on difficulty of selected mutators.

So, you basically are ignored since two years reg. that!?

Why didn’t you say something earlier. Would have made my day easier, knowing that you merely talk into the void and I do not have to worry about those ‘ideas’ to ever be implemented… :smile:

At this stage in development you can rest assured that any major “features” that have been in the game a long time, largely unchanged, will continue to remain unchanged - at most there might be minor alterations and tweaks but as far as completely removing or ripping something out that has been in for years now, nah. Not gunna happen.

As for whatever he is talking about in that thread tho - items, sets etc… I suppose it is technically always possible that Zantai might remove or alter the way something functions like that. He’s done it before but you better be able to have a very convincing case to back up your reasoning for any major changes to gear.

1 Like

Confuse/terrify/knockback are useful effects for ranged auto attack builds and some caster builds. It makes more likely for such builds to beat crucible. Even for weaker melee builds it can be useful to give you some breathing room vs very large groups.

Those asking for it to be removed simply because it interferes with precise timing of testing builds are rather selfish. Its like saying that only top tier melee builds matter.

2 Likes

OK so thread has been trollalized.

Sure. Like I said in op. But it’s not “major features” just some minor QoL improvements.

It’s quite clear that Crucible is pretty much obsolete at this point. It serves no practical purpose since SR is a better farming grounds, except for the purpose of testing builds. But it’s quite inefficient and very un-QoL at that.

Let’s not forget that Crucible is a paid DLC.

You say that like you have proof and data that indicates noone at all is playing it even tho ironically your thread here indicates you are.

Lets also not forget that Crucible was a Kickstarter stretch goal unlock and free for all backers. I’m not sure what you’re trying to advocate for here but I don’t expect you are going to get it nor do I see how that follows through that you should automatically get whatever it is you wish.

Anyway, if you want to quibble over 5 or 6 bucks (or even less if you catch it on sale), then by all means. Lets not forget that Forgotten Gods is also a “paid DLC”, which even requires yet another paid DLC to use it - thus neutering your “point”, whatever that was. The mutators are meant to be a double-edged sword, to varying degrees, in the pursuit of adding some RNG to the mode and game. Looks like it’s working as intended if your complaints are any indication.

0O6XLtN

1 Like

What void? You’re responding. Maybe you really do worry about such things. And I wasn’t even advocating for the things you didn’t want to happen. Maybe you should try showing us how beneficial terrify and confuse is to some builds beyond just talking shit so that there’s more data for Z to look at if he ever needs to. I’ve posted my video back when I first made a thread, and it clearly showed how disadvantageous terrify is for that specific set.

Well Z has done way more than just remove something from a proc/mod many times already. “Convincing” is relative and maybe he just doesn’t care about these things anymore after the initial terrify replacements.

And people thinking that this suggestion is simply done because of time constraints is the biggest misconception ever regarding this topic. In no way did the cruci players in this thread say that it’s all for saving time. It was @fordprefect (who iirc isn’t a cruci main player) who said that. And while it’s agreeable for the crucible crowd, whether time is involved or not, it is extremely annoying

Relative and subjective - because it is only one person you need to cater to convincingly enough to have your way. Noone else matters.