Cyclone Archon 93SR viable, not a guide

I don’t use shields in my builds :slight_smile:
Full Cyclone contains offhand, yep, for the passives. DA and armor.

:eek:

Just get over it already, it’s not like they deleted the birbs, just made them mortal when facing superbosses and packs of nemesis.
(Please, don’t throw dead birbs at me now)

I still have patch 1.1.1.1

So the birbs haven’t been nerfed for me yet. I went a few rounds against Ravager with my Cabalist. Birbs died plenty still. Hence why I am still sad over birb nerf since they will be much worse now.

Throws dead birbs

But anyway, it was more about the sheer power of this build. GG WP, Agent Smith :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

+1 for using faction gear in an OP build.

isn’t shieldmaster better than paladin for fire EoR?

Don’t know exactly, but don’t think so. Eor should always moving, and mines not so good for that.

btw his build has no augments on his ring, i presume its survivor ingenuitys.

I assume he forgot to add it after changing topazes :eek:
In that endless changes and runs shit happens :o

I have almost the same build. God forbid you have to kite Grava forever with this one.

You need a looot of patience and it’s basically WD(and proc devils)+ drive by lifesteal that lets you move onwards

It seems too late, wind devils got scaled back somewhat already. Elementalists desperately need all the power from the set though :cry:

Regarding EoR and kiting. I always suspected this would be a problem given that melee hits can easily miss with short back and forth movements. Moving back and forth slightly while channelling EoR is probably another tactic that can effectively retain dps and vastly reduce incoming damage. This is why I wanted a significant -% movement modifier since the reveal of EoR.

As for reaching SR 94, I don’t consider this to be all that problematic. Deep SR takes a long time with this tactic and rather than being about efficient farming it is simply for difficulty/epeen.

What is clearly problematic is sub 7 minutes naked crucible time. I didn’t see that coming. Nice build though :smiley:

Also, if my memory is working correctly, loot stops scaling at like 88… so for practical purposes going further isnt worth it. Other than epeen ofc. :smiley:

Most efficient loot run is to do 75 + 76 then cash out

I normally dont reply to balance suggestions but im sorry theres some terrible suggestions there. The whole point of EOR is its uniqueness to do damage while moving, if the damage was nerfed like the gimped ROH i might as well play with another duelwield.

Making it only deal lightning and fire is also another terrible suggestion as you are unfairly treating shield warborn build which already sacrificing optimal dps for survivalbility, and the DPS is not as insane as cyclone either even if you convert to full physical with the Beronath sword.

The problem is clearly with the cyclone set considering another vindicator build is somehow using it to achieve 6 min glad crucible.

Also giving weapon damage to some devotions like twin fangs allow a degree of flexibility to builds in term of devotion routes, especially some casters or melee where they cant get lifesteal as easily. You kill that and you just made it a vitality only route which only eliminates diversity.

This is once again community making builds solely to be nerfed rather than played with. Good luck out there to normal farmers because by the time you get the build completed you’d get another nex&nax or ROH crippled build while the theorizers is off to make another build to be nerfed at.

Physical EoR is severely handicapped due to how armor works.

Even if you get rid of any bonuses (besides the conversion itself) on lightning/fire EoR they would still be infinitely better tha phyisical cause they still wouldn’t have to deal with the double(tripple,quadruple,etc.)dipping flat reduction that is armor.

The difference is so freaking huge that if you make one work just fine, the other will either be below useless or above ridiculously op.

Forgetting physical EoR alltogether would make it much easier to balance a skill that’s looking to be a pain in the ass to balance even without this problem.

piercing, physical, chaos, and cold do not have near the level of performance this build does simply because the wind devil portion of the set is very strong standalone damage, even if you do nothing besides run away. Then add good dps from eor (even if it isnt hitting nonstop while kiting) + healing while on the move.

if elementalist really does struggle after toning down wind devil bonus, then buffing thermite mine more would probably be a good idea. Adding in a radius modifier would be a good start. (probably not a bad idea in any case)

Wow way to kill warlord set or build diversity. How about actually helping some builds that are struggling while balancing the op ones? Think AAR, sabtour, or warlock, still in the dust.

Warlord currently works fine as a mid tier or even mid-top tier build and if you want to get rid of it to solely nerf some outlier is incredibly unfair imo. Im not sure how this numbers might work out but tone down the flat elemental damage on EOR would work just fine (may be up weapon% to compensate).

This exactly. But i still think cyclone set is the problem NOT the shaman mastery. You nerf tornado you risk gimp other less powerful build like savagery etc.

Always the set first, because the fact that vindicators is also using cyclone which was designed around EOR yet performing top speed is problematic.

What blacksmith did you choose in act 1?

Never not Angrim.

While I agree, that Shaman should not be nerfed, I also want to point out, that the cyclone set is a set designed for 3 masteries, demolitionist with Mines, Shaman with Wind Devil and Oathkeeper with Cyclone. So it is fine that Wind Devil build performs good with it, as it is supposed to be that way.

Is Angrim that worth it?