Dark One caster: Conjurer or Ritualist?

now that i have a full dark one set i decided to make a build with it but i’m not sure which class to choose. after looking through the forums these 2 builds seemed the most interesting to me (links at the end), but i’m still not sure which one to pick. i like the necromancer skills more than the occultist ones, and since i’m also planning to make a pet build in the future i’m highly considering a pet conjurer, but the big downsides are that the ritualist build below seems to have had significant changes to it’s items in the past few patches and the playstyle looks more APM intensive from watching the videos (plus IDK how hard it would be to find those greens).

is there a significant difference between the two when it comes to performance, gearing and ease of playing?
edit: i’m not intending to push crucible and SR with my character, i mostly stick to the campaign and the dungeons and i’ll be happy if i’m able to clear them all comfortably (hopefully being able to kill the “super bosses” as well).

TLDR: i’m leaning towards ritualist build but i don’t know how difficult it is to gear, play and how it’s performance compares to the conjurer

Both Ritualist and Conjurer are very strong builds (despite the nerfs) with easy leveling/gearing process.

Ritualist have slightly more damage,while Conjurer is slightly more tanky but margin is really small, so depends which class you like better. I have to say Ravenous Earth skill is fun and it’s mighty during leveling, so you won’t make mistake if you like and select Necro class.

if they can both kill the super bosses, i’ll happily go with the ritualist. i’m also thinking about using my occultist for a chaos build in the future, so that makes it even better

Go for Conjurer so that I can later tempt you into turning it into a Pet build

5 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

shrek-scared

Oh, I forgot that I have 2 maine coons. Beware, birb
vgif-ru-14800

2 Likes

I like birbs and kitties

1 Like

We all know what happened to the parrot after such impudence
original_f29bbdc745aabc9d30bf90753c52c0e2

1 Like

2 Likes

We do have a separate meme thread you know. :smile:

Its a very good pet discussion ngl

1 Like

In all seriousness, you can’t go wrong with either class choice as a vit caster. Conjurer has BoD for nice and easy resists, and Necro has MoT and a ton of life and passive RR.