Dawn of Masteries

i think ill do that with your help , dont wanna lose all the extra helpful stuff there

ha, for that you will be on your own. I am not going to figure out all the values or create a new bitmap and then walk you through how to do it on your end

So instead here is some advice, download the sources for Grim UI X-Mod. Figure out what size works for you (item images are multiples of 32x32, so these are the steps in which the windows will have to shrink). Once you know how much smaller you have to make the bags / shared stash, find the corresponding images in Grim UI (they all end in backgroundimage.psd) and lose as many rows / columns as you need to.
For the blacksmith and illusionist it won’t be multiples of 32, you will see once you take a look at their background images and then have to go from there.

After that is done, adjust the corresponding values in the dbr files to match their new sizes.

ok ok :smiley: i cant ask much from you , you have helped me greately so thank you

ill try to figure it out with uncle google’s help and if i couldnt ill just go back to vanilla as you mentioned above and ill still be happy :slight_smile:

well , archivetool messed up the game so bad , keeps crashing on launch with a blackscreen … after checking files i found out that database.arz is kinda empty went down from 70ish mb to 70kb and no files were extracted with an error message within archivetool’s cmd

so now i have to reinstall the game :\

i guess i have to find grimarc somewhere cuz its official site is down and googled for it but no luck so far

Never had a problem with it, also it should READ the file only, so not sure how that would result in what you described.

Verify your game files, that is probably faster than a full reinstall

First make sure you did right the settup Setting up the Asset Manager doing it wrong it can affect the base game from what i heard and that i think happened to you.

You will have to do a correct settup to extract the original files for the base game and expansions using the guide above .

After doing that you will have to use the archive tool to extract the Mod files Archive tool extraction guide

All you need can be found on the forum but the steps are the ones that “mamba” said earlier.

PS : Extract the files from original DOM not the one i gave you because in there the inventory and stash are not the ones that dom has. You can add only the stash in your dom version and keep the inventory and bags as they are.

Edit :Grim Arc and Arz , but i strongly recommend the archive tool .

i did a full reinstall twice , 2nd was because i ran assetmanager and it broke the game again :\

anyway i moved the dom.arz to a diffrent folder to avoid failing again and ran archivetool and gave me an error with debug ignore and ignore always , when ignored it emptied the original file and sized it down to 22kb with a fail message at the end … i think this whole process is doomed for me

edit : i did exactly as follows
shift + right click in grim dawn folder run cmd
archivetool.exe “e:\1\dom.arz” -extract “e:\2” enter
and failure

(1) and (2) are the folders which 1 is for the files to be extracted and 2 for destination

edit 2 : the links for grimarc\arz are working but the files have been removed

You have to read a bit about how to use the archive and its commands .Also the original game files should be extracted first.

Like you said shift+right click on GD foder to open cmd but also you can copi the archive tool and zlibwapi.dll in another folder along with the mod you want and extract.

.\ArchiveTool.exe “C:\ GOG Games\Grim Dawn\mods\dom\resources\name of the file you want to extract.arc” -extract “C:\ GOG Games\Grim Dawn\working\mods\dom\resources”

Or

.\ArchiveTool.exe “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\resources\file you want to extract.arc” -extract “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\working\dom\resources”

For arc use “extract” and all of that is not necessary if you create another folder and copi archive tool + zlibwapi.dll and the mod you want to extract to not have to write a long path.

Now Arz is exctracted using database

.\ArchiveTool.exe “C:\GOG Games\Grim Dawn\mods\name of the mod\database\name of the mod.arz” -database “C:\GOG Games \Grim Dawn\working\name of the mod”

.\ArchiveTool.exe “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods\name of the mod\database\name of the mod.arz” -database “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\working\name of the mod”

Here you have grim arc and arz(Drag and drop the file on top of the extractors) for extraction but archive tool is better .

Read the guides it will help you a lot

oh thank you , ill learn more of archivetool , but for now you saved my day the tools work and the files are being extracted atm thank you big time

i have many items stashed and in inventory too , will i lose them after reverting back to vanilla ui ?

edit 1: still extracting atm and man it takes so damn long , so what should i do after reverting the ui when using winmerge ? will it compile the files/folders into .arc as it was ?

no, they will be where they were before, position wise, even if that means they float outside the stash / bag

As the bag location will change, I’d empty the part that exceeds the vanilla bag size, to make sure their new position is not below your screen though

you need to build the arz, keep the original arcs, they will not be built correctly again

To create the arz, you will have to use AssetManager, so you will first have to set that up.
Once it is set up, download the templates from the DoM Nexus page and place them in the same dir you extracted the GD templates to (which will depend on your AM setup).
If you did that correctly you should not get any errors while you build the arz, otherwise there will be some

ok , let me get this right …
i extract the vanilla’s databaste.arz then copy gdx1 over it then gdx2 over them both in the same folder then compare diffrences between them and grim ui x mod’s arz file , correct ?

what about the dom file , what should i do with it ?

well , i read it but still dont get it … let me just run winmerge first and do first steps then dom’s part latter

yes

what I said to do in the post you quoted :wink:

i know i made myself look dumb by asking that twice lol , but it really got me confused … anyway i extracted all files copied gdx1’s contents over vanilla database then gdx2 over them and replaced dups .

so now i use winmerge and compare both folders of game’s extracted files and grim ui’s and change any diffrences i see there in game to match the grim ui’s files , correct ?

No. You compare vanilla against Grim UI to identify what changes were made, you change neither. What you do change is the DoM dbrs.

Any change in DoM that WinMerge finds by comparing vanilla and Grim UI, you replace with the vanilla values.

ah now i got it , ill just open 3 of them side by side and compare ui to vanilla then change in dom , after that i save project when im done , correct ? and just go file after file till all is changed to vanilla , correct ? then when all is complete i compile the dom files and play the game so GG

Yes, whether you open 3 side by side or open the DoM in a text editor and find the tag and value that way does not really matter, but you got the idea.

thank you , i got that alright and working on it atm , everything going so smooth so far :smiley:

also i have a question aside from this , i know you included cataclysm masteries in this mod , but when i looked up cataclysm recently i noticed the devotion cap was raised to 64 instead of 55 , i wonder why didnt you included it here ? will it break the game or make it too easy ?

Consensus is that 55 is generous, a few points more and you just can select too much / become too powerful (not that you cannot already do so from all the different masteries and items, they are not all balanced that well).

Also, I do not want to change base GD really (unless it cannot be avoided), I want to add to it.