Dawn of Masteries

Sorry about the delayed response. I made the character expressly for the dom mod, so it’s not a transfer. However, after a repeated entering / getting kicked back to the menu… it did actually ‘technically’ work.

However - the character, whilst retaining the name, began at 1st level, and lacked the objects/inventory of the other. Although the mod itself was technically loaded since the inventory changed, etc. I’m honestly not sure wtf the deal is.

Edit: Yeah, it straight up makes a separate character with the same name. The characters are entirely separated within Crucible & DoM. I don’t know if that’s intentional or not, though.

Are you using cloud save ?

I’ve got it disabled, but there’s still no save folder in my documents/grim dawn. The saves are - for whatever ungodly reason, in the steam’s userdata folder. So technically it’s supposed to be ‘no’, but mechanically - maybe. I have no clue how to force steam to save it to the documents folder, though. Unless reinstalling steam as a whole would resolve it.

Turn cloud save off in GD.

2 Likes

I feel truly stupid for never having noticed that was an option in the game itself…

Edit: Yup. That fixed it. Sorry about that. & Thank you immensely!

Good catch mamba.

Yea… Grim Internals prefers if you don’t use cloud-saving (and it’s noted in its OP at the top of its thread).

If this helps in the future I have a visual guide here…

How to - Move your saves from Steam cloud to Grim Dawn's default location.

…that details how to properly transfer saves out of the cloud, and vice-versa.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the awesome mod! It adds so much replayability.

Is there any chance that you would make this compatible with Reign of Terror?

If you wanted DoM stuff in RoT that would be more something you’d have to request from the guys over in the RoT thread.

On both counts tho I am going to guess neither would be interested in it.

There is no such thing as making it compatible, as you can only load one mod at a time. This therefore would require the two mods to be merged and I am not interested in doing that.

I want this mod to add optional things to GD (as much as it is possible for them to be optional), not replace GD.
So at a minimum this would require me to have two versions, one with the standard campaign and one with the RoT campaign, and I am not interested in maintaining two versions.

I also do not want the file size to become excessive, and going from 500MB now to about 5GB for a new campaign definitely is that from my perspective.

It would make more sense to go the opposite route and have RoT add additional masteries (I doubt they are interested in that however).

Last but not least, I doubt the RoT team would give permission to merge the two, but never checked because I am not interested in doing that anyway.

4 Likes

Great mods compiled into one mod: thanks a lot!

Do you intend on adding Nydamar / The Warhammer 40k conversion mod / Other solid mods?

No, all the mods I wanted to integrate are integrated. That is not to say that if something new and interesting comes along I might not consider adding it.

Nydiamar: same as what I recently wrote about Reign of Terror (right above your post), I want to add optional things to the main campaign, not replace it. I also do not want to bloat the mod and a new campaign tends to do that
It would make more sense to add masteries to Nydiamar than to add its campaign to DoM, and the author has added D3, so there certainly is the possibility for him to add more.

WH40K: style wise the mod does not fit, it has two masteries only and I am not even sure how complete they are. The armors drop as one whole suit, not as individual items and the weapons are laser guns etc. So none of this fits and most of it probably cannot be integrated because it is so different (conflict with animations etc.).
Hypothetically I probably could add the laser rifles etc., but that does not really fit thematically either

Not sure what other solid mods are out there, I am not interested in anything reworking the vanilla masteries, so Grim Dawn Reborn and Path of Grim Dawn are out.

Hey, I’m wondering if anyone else is having seemingly random crashes when killing cultists and the like. It appears to happen at random when loot drops from cultists in The Blood Grove and now whenever I defeat the boss at the end of the Seal of the Loghorrean area. I don’t rightly know which crash thing to add, so I’m just adding the zip it gave me when saving. Any help would be awesome.GDCrashlog.zip (30.8 KB)

So i see that cosmetics auras from path of grim dawn is included.
Can anyone tell me how/where i get them?

Also, where can i get the wings? The mod itself says talk to Rook but he doesnt have anything for me.

You can get items to summon the various vendors and blacksmiths from the DC faction vendor. One of them is selling all the cosmetic items.

I feel ya mamba.I personally love both DoM and RoT.Masteries are only the one part.It goes about play ability.I personally think these masteries won’t fit in RoT as it’s not intended to do so.Yes it’s possible.Here is my moto.How much S… you gonna take for hours you gonna take.

All the mods mentioned are as intended.Even a mod like DoM or Rot can be overwhelming for new players.My brothers are use to the standard classes,When he saw DoM he just melt down.He doesn’t know what to play :grin:

I feel this mod is done as it can give you hours of fun.How i play is i choose 2 masteries and play act one.Then i start a new character and do the same.Till i have around 10 characters before i move on.I do chapter per chapter and for me it provide hours of fun.

Thanks for the quick response :smiley:

Love this mod. :heart:

Stupid question: how much (if any) do mods like this have to be touched after the type of patch they just dropped? Is it “safe” to play before they are updated if an update is indeed needed?

I would like to know this as well i know i usually w8 tell mod is updated again. sup all!!

It is safe to play, there is next to nothing that needs changing and whatever does need changing just means you still have some old values on items and in this particular case the new SR sets won’t actually drop

1 Like

Good to know; modding backend always differs heavily from game to game, and I just recently came back to GD and starting tinkering with stuff beyond GI + Rainbow. Thanks!