Dawn of Masteries

In theory yes, but there is like one new item :wink: (plus some skill description changes)

Updated the Rainbow File for DoM v1.0.5a. :sleeping:

3 Likes

thank you for the update , keep up the good work :wink:

btw , i noticed that some of class combos doesnt have a name/title e.g of what i noticed so far: scintillist + wizard/storm … so is there something wrong with my files/config or is it intended/wip ?

1 Like

There should be something, even if it just says Scintilist & Storm or so. With 1600+ combos not all have individual names

2 Likes

and that “something” i still love it :heart:

Not necessarily related to the mod itself - but has anyone been able to get the grim internals crucible mode to work with this mod? Every time I try it just boots me back to the main menu when trying to load crucible.

Just tested it (with dom v1.0.5a). Appears to be working fine…

…as you can see. Are you sure you are using the correct launch command?

• /Mod:dom

I use “/Mod:dom” in steam’s launch options - yeah. I can load into ‘crucible mode’ and play the mod normal. However, the second I try crucible itself - poofed back to the main menu. As well as a weird ghost character-slot appears in vanilla’s char-list. With the same name as my actual dom char.

Hmm. I am not sure what the issue could be unless something is wrong with the character itself. Try making a brand new dom character. Does it load fully into Crucible instead?

Also, is that character originally a vanilla character that you moved over to dom? Probably not but I’m just trying to think of possible reasons for the issue. If so, did you use GD Stash to set the “mod” flag for the character when you did so?

Sorry about the delayed response. I made the character expressly for the dom mod, so it’s not a transfer. However, after a repeated entering / getting kicked back to the menu… it did actually ‘technically’ work.

However - the character, whilst retaining the name, began at 1st level, and lacked the objects/inventory of the other. Although the mod itself was technically loaded since the inventory changed, etc. I’m honestly not sure wtf the deal is.

Edit: Yeah, it straight up makes a separate character with the same name. The characters are entirely separated within Crucible & DoM. I don’t know if that’s intentional or not, though.

Are you using cloud save ?

I’ve got it disabled, but there’s still no save folder in my documents/grim dawn. The saves are - for whatever ungodly reason, in the steam’s userdata folder. So technically it’s supposed to be ‘no’, but mechanically - maybe. I have no clue how to force steam to save it to the documents folder, though. Unless reinstalling steam as a whole would resolve it.

Turn cloud save off in GD.

2 Likes

I feel truly stupid for never having noticed that was an option in the game itself…

Edit: Yup. That fixed it. Sorry about that. & Thank you immensely!

Good catch mamba.

Yea… Grim Internals prefers if you don’t use cloud-saving (and it’s noted in its OP at the top of its thread).

If this helps in the future I have a visual guide here…

How to - Move your saves from Steam cloud to Grim Dawn's default location.

…that details how to properly transfer saves out of the cloud, and vice-versa.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the awesome mod! It adds so much replayability.

Is there any chance that you would make this compatible with Reign of Terror?

If you wanted DoM stuff in RoT that would be more something you’d have to request from the guys over in the RoT thread.

On both counts tho I am going to guess neither would be interested in it.

There is no such thing as making it compatible, as you can only load one mod at a time. This therefore would require the two mods to be merged and I am not interested in doing that.

I want this mod to add optional things to GD (as much as it is possible for them to be optional), not replace GD.
So at a minimum this would require me to have two versions, one with the standard campaign and one with the RoT campaign, and I am not interested in maintaining two versions.

I also do not want the file size to become excessive, and going from 500MB now to about 5GB for a new campaign definitely is that from my perspective.

It would make more sense to go the opposite route and have RoT add additional masteries (I doubt they are interested in that however).

Last but not least, I doubt the RoT team would give permission to merge the two, but never checked because I am not interested in doing that anyway.

4 Likes

Great mods compiled into one mod: thanks a lot!

Do you intend on adding Nydamar / The Warhammer 40k conversion mod / Other solid mods?

No, all the mods I wanted to integrate are integrated. That is not to say that if something new and interesting comes along I might not consider adding it.

Nydiamar: same as what I recently wrote about Reign of Terror (right above your post), I want to add optional things to the main campaign, not replace it. I also do not want to bloat the mod and a new campaign tends to do that
It would make more sense to add masteries to Nydiamar than to add its campaign to DoM, and the author has added D3, so there certainly is the possibility for him to add more.

WH40K: style wise the mod does not fit, it has two masteries only and I am not even sure how complete they are. The armors drop as one whole suit, not as individual items and the weapons are laser guns etc. So none of this fits and most of it probably cannot be integrated because it is so different (conflict with animations etc.).
Hypothetically I probably could add the laser rifles etc., but that does not really fit thematically either

Not sure what other solid mods are out there, I am not interested in anything reworking the vanilla masteries, so Grim Dawn Reborn and Path of Grim Dawn are out.