Dawn of Masteries

Foi por isso que TUDO DEU ERRADO

After repeated experiments, I found that the problem of DoM 151 crashing was caused by the character action files. When I restored them to the original 1211 version, both male and female characters could enter the game normally, and they would not be frozen when equipped with two-handed melee weapons.

what do you consider a routine update? First of all D3 added new animations and is now over the GD limit, so it is anything but routine to add a newer release to DoM.

Second, with the animation changes in GD 1.2.1 I was hoping they would also increase the number of animation slots, so I was hoping / waiting for that - turns out they did not

Finally, after updating DoM to make it compatible with 1.2.1 it now constantly crashes, and as far as I can tell there are no issues with the update I made (and this never happened with past updates either)

So there are reasons why there has not been an updateā€¦

donā€™t tell me what I care about or try to guilt me into something. I donā€™t think I ever got a thanks from you for creating it and creating updates for years, but now that there hasnā€™t been an update in a while you think you are entitled to one, get lost

4 Likes

obviously, it was missing the new 2h animations from 1.2.1ā€¦, that is why your char was frozen in game.

What you now did in essence is add the new standard animations and remove all custom animations.

I have updated the file so it contains both, but thanks to the constant crashes I am now getting for some reason, I have not released that versionā€¦ itā€™s a workaround I guess if you want to play on 1.2.1

Although the character no longer freezes after deleting the two action files, the game crashes as soon as you walk a few steps out of the city, and it happens every time.

yep, happens to me too, and I have no idea why, which is why I have not released the update with all the 1.2.1 adjustments - and if this does not get fixed there is no point in updating TQ or D3, etc.

Why are you giving the modder crap for this? Crate Entertainment changing up their files for a major update isnā€™t Mambaā€™s fault, and electing to wait for the expansion to come out before updating is common sense.

Now is the worst possible time to be discouraging, especially since all this effort comes for free on your part. Do not bite the hand that feeds, friend.

1 Like

Agree. Stuff like this happens. Asylum just did a hotfix if I remember correct. Maybe Crate also brings a Hotfix to fix this issue. Personally, I do not care about animationsā€¦ Hell I even play Grim on low settings and I can play it on mox.

Give Mamba a chance. Heā€™s doing all he can to get the mod to work again. We need to be patient.

2 Likes

Random nobody thinks he is important enough to tell a mod creator how to do his job. Go fuck yourself, people like you who are unable to show an ounce of appreciation are a huge reason devs quit.

2 Likes

I did not want to put it in that many words. But you said what we all thought off. I actually got the new patch working on Linux and the old patch on windows. Was a wee bit tricky. New patch Grimillion and old patch DoM. Will update windows once DoM is sorted.

Now on another note. Gawd a Defense and Cenobite are OP with Reflect, Internal Trauma, Rally and Life leech. Tank them bosses like a baws. Same with Nature and Dream. OP AF. Want to build a ranger or 2 hander but me to lazy :grin:

sigma take

After countless trials, I finally found the problem. Simply delete Grim Dawn\mods\DoM\resources\effects.arc and the game will not crash, but I donā€™t know what effect this will have on DoM.

Probably a huge effect since thatā€™s where many of the tq effects are storedā€¦ The arc exists in grimarillion too and thereā€™s no issues as far as I know

1 Like

where do you get the bows?

Thanks, will take a look, this is surprising to me, because I can crash while standing in town with a char that has no classes. At that point I am not sure how anything in effects.arc would end up being used, but if it fixes it, I will investigate this further

Seems to be true, I renamed the file and did not crash any more either. Did not play for long, but definitely longer than at any time since 1.2.1 started crashing. Thanks again

if yours caused crashes, you would have heard by now :wink:

I have some more effects in it from the TQ monsters I added, but these have been in there for well over a year with no issues, something within GD must have changed.

Will see if I can locate the source of the problem, not entirely sure how to however, past maybe identifying the monster. Do you have some experience with this?

You can open the console and check the error log but it will throw an error for every minor thing that shows up, and probably not things that will crash the game.

Quick question. Does defense Constitution work? For some reason mine doesnā€™t. All my other character works cept for my defender/cenobite.

Pack more and more files until get crash.