Dawn of Masteries

Put the mod to work only with the monsters in the vanilla game and see what happens, and then update the cataclysm and NCFF mods.

After some experimentation, the problem seems to originate from the file Grim Dawn\mods\DoM\resources\effects\projectiles\projectilemesh01.msh Deleting this file stops the game from crashing Thereā€™s no in-depth experimentation I hope this helps.

1 Like

it sure does, at a minimum it pinpoints the exact file, so it saves me a lot of time :wink:

Will have to see what is using it and go from there. Thanks

Looks You didnā€™t convert .msh to GD compatible format (msh version). I have same file in one of my mod and it works without problems.

Use Converter in attachment:

Thanks, no idea, I assume I did because that file has been there for 18 months or so and never caused issues until 1.2.1, will see what I find later today :wink:

EDIT: I am still crashing, even after the change / running the converter across everything

Give the mod developers the time to fix things. If you want the mod be fixed. Well, give data/information, on all kinds of tests, runs, and mining the causes of each crash/error, even if minor. Then sift through each one, and then give the mod developers the information.

Any ideas or new view points on the subject will make it go by faster. I am inept to do this, because Iā€™ve no idea how any of the mods work, nor the programs used to even test run the scenarios myself. My computer is stupidly slow, and has barely any space left to add these programs in.

Just give the mod developers the damn time to fix everything. Stop trying to throw your useless weight around, like youā€™re the ones who made the mod. Fuck that. If you want to be so entitled and crap like that. Then you can go and work at a frickinā€™ labor camp in some different country for 40+ years without being paid, barely any food, no means to keep warm, no clean water, and always being used like a tool.

Thatā€™s how you damned entitled fuck tards are acting like. That you have authority over that labor camp. Well, guess what? If you were in that kind of environment. Youā€™d be the first to be made into a fuckinā€™ meat patty.

Leave the petty shit of entitlement out of here. Let the mod developers work on it in peace, and have some damn patience. Mod developers, testers, and all of everyone else are people, not your fuckinā€™ pets. You do not own anyone in this world.

2 Likes

Hello! I am fairly new to the mod but I encountered the same crash issues discussed here and I wanted to give my thoughts on what might be causing it, because I noticed a few things:

I started the mod fresh and began encountering crashes 1-3 minutes into new characters without fail, usually so early I never even got an autosave of my progress, and always before I could get out of the Devilā€™s Crossing outskirts.
As mentioned up-thread, deleting the effects.arc file DID fix my crashes. I was then able to play an entire session to 16 or so comfortably with no issues.
The newly-added Salamander enemies in the early areas seem like a very probable culprit. After deleting the effects.arc file they breath a cloud of Missing Texture smoke and they literally just vanish instantly on death with no animation, implying both their breath attack and death anim were impacted.
BEFORE I deleted the file, I had never seen a single one of these creatures on my screen, which implies to me I was crashing as soon as the game tried to load one, or as soon as it breathed / died due to monster infighting in the distance.

TL;DR I think somethingā€™s fucky with these Salamander monsters at a bare minimum.

Salamanders never did not have death animation, and missed textures donā€™t mean that problem in textures. I donā€™t say that problem not in salamanders, but if problem in salamanders that is not because of what said above.

no it isnā€™t, they work fine. You know why? because you can fight them and kill them without crashing :wink:

Didnā€™t have much time yet to look into this, but they are a very unlikely cause

The firmware of the update messed with every mod, because of some weird data stuff. Just give the developers time, and figure it out.

Some of the files in the main gameā€™s code was changed considerably, compared to the mod files that supported the old codes.

Thatā€™s why mods crash the game, and do funky stuff.

My game crashes as soon as I try to load a character. I know the devs will be able to figure it out soon.

Dawn of Masteries 1.6.0 released

Compatibiltiy update for GD 1.2.1

Fixes the crash I was having, if you still have crashes, let me know in what GD region

8 Likes

Now that was quite fast in progress.

I thank all of you people, who are tirelessly working on fixing the mods, so we all can enjoy them once more.

I shall await for further progress, keep up the splendid work, everyone!

1 Like

It works! You lean, mean modding machine, it works! That must have been a nightmare to get through, but through sheer fucking force of will, you worked it out. I can tell this project means as much to you as it does to us, and I think I speak for most everyone on forum when I say that weā€™re so happy to have our baby back.

Tons of thanks, Mamba, and by extension everyone involved. You guys are rockstars.

1 Like

Great job mamba! <3 what was the cause of it in the end? :slight_smile:

Dude, one day you need to increase dmg scaling of Cata masteries by at least factor of 2,5 (outside of weapon scalling, that is a time proof solution). Compared to all the others that received a huge buffs in the past years, these are there just to fill out the spots. Impossible to play anymore. Which is shame, because by design, they are cool.

Updated the Rainbow File for DoM v1.6.0.

It would have turned into a force of will if my hunch had not turned out to be correct :wink:

Remember when I said that I am pretty sure I can rule out the Salamanders, the other TQ monster that spawns in the region are the Epiales, and they did turn out to be the causeā€¦ if it had not been them I would have tried the different monsters, but that would have taken longer

the Epiales use a projectile mesh that worked before 1.2.1 but now crashes GD. Once I knew it was them there were only around 10 files that could be the causeā€¦ I replaced that mesh with another TQ one

5 Likes

Praise mamba! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thank everyone involved in this tireless work. Thank you very much.

No word is enough to express my gratitude. I think everyone who has supported the development of this mod and others, also share this with me.

All of you, the testers, developers, and combing prowess youā€™ve shown in this nightmare, I thank you gratefully.

All those who have given insight, I thank you as well. If it wasnā€™t everyoneā€™s collective ideas, testing, writing, knowledge, delving into the sea of scripts and codes of this nightmare undertaking.

This would have taken at the very minimum, a year to figure it out. But, youā€™ve all done it in a matter of months.

I have said all I could think of as of this moment. I can say, truthfully, the mods we download, give us happiness, as well as shows us the love and care you all show with the mods you develop with passion.

2 Likes