Dawn of Masteries

Like I always say. Stuff can go wrong. I am a web dev and today after building a website it would work on desktop but when I make it responsive for mobile it refused to change it… Ended up rebuilding a whole shop from the ground up… Like I say crap can go wrong :smiley:

Glad you got it sorted. Been burning my time at night playing diablo 2 medianxl mod, waiting for this mod to work.

Praise Mamba for the update and everyone that helped test it!

Absolutely second this. They’re not viable at higher levels and difficulties due to the scaling. Such a shame they’re my favorite classes. Most of the masteries, vanilla and modded, when you spend a point you’ll increase the damage of that skill by at least 75% on average it seems. Yet for cata, it’s about 10%.

Edit: Was just reading a bit, trying to figure out what it would take to do this myself. Basically, I would have to successfully extract all the files (confused on how to even do this), then manually edit the values for each skill individually?

Before you do anything, let me do some math around that multiplication factor. I will give you a number, and then just multiply the dmg of skills by X. Nothing else needs to be done. Skills, items, class design, nothing. Imho its really easy fix once the X is known.

So scaling Cata vs D3, same skill type

Nosferatu chain light + 15% per level
Crusader chain light + 55% per level

Nether fire + 25% per level
Haunt + 80% per level

Meteor strike + 20% per level
Orb + 70% per level

Arcane volley + 15% per level
Magic missile + 70% per level

Initial dmg is quite ok, but scaling needs to be multiplied by ± 3,2.

If you do that, you are da boss :slight_smile:

First, I don’t think I’d be able to share it without permission. Second, apparently I’m not smart enough to figure it out anyway, these modding tools are fighting me every step of the way lol.

I have a problem with the barbarian’s talents, the passives do not activate

[image]

Do you have 1-h sword or dagger equipped?

Do you need melee weapons?

Passive skill you noted, require 1-h sword or dagger be equipped to work.

I would have to create another character since I want to go with ranged weapons.

Yop I dont think that you learning modding tools just to do this is a good idea. We need to capture Mamba, place him in front of a compurer and make an ultimatum: “Dude, you update Cataclysm, or I will shoot a cute cat”.
As a professional terrorist, I can confirm this always works :stuck_out_tongue:

You’d save time just shooting the cat if you’re unwilling to do the work yourself. Mamba isn’t obligated to keep these dead masteries balanced.

I never even hinted he (or any modder) is obligated do to anything. Im active member of this community for many years and Im nothing but polite and respectful for the work you guys do. Thanks for your advice, dully noted.

monk(D3) skill:mystic ally
Relic(TQ):dvalinn’s simulacrum(ver.earth & storm & spirit)
These do not work

Definitely freezes from Gloomwald rift to Barrowholm rift

There is no problem from Barrowholm rift to Lone Watch rift

I’m trying :slight_smile: Spent the last 2 days reading everything to do with asset manager and extraction and dbr editor here on the forums and I still can’t even get to the point where I can edit anything. I learned scripting from scratch for Skyrim with zero experience more easily than just editing existing mod files in this game. I already need a break lol.

1 Like

I am also not opposed to it, but it won’t happen without feedback.

So saying which skill should scale how much better or even providing values / a second skill to take the values from (preferably a GD one, not sure all the mods are balanced evenly to begin with) just might get you there. Generic complaints will not

If I recall correctly, the cata classes were probably balanced around the stat changes that were present in the original mod, along with all the other changes such as components. Just as an example, some of my favorite class combos have been Nightblade/Nosferatu, and Maleficar/Occultist. Take Maleficars well of souls scaling per point compared to Occultists Sigil of Consumption. Very similar abilties, but the maleficars well of souls does less than half the damage of Occultists Sigil of Consumption at max rank 12. Granted Well of Souls has some additional features.

As far as per skill balancing for each class…wish I could be more help but my plan was to increase the damage at max rank by at least 50% across the board. As far as I can tell every class/skill from cata is in a similar situation. I think one of my antivirus is blocking me from accessing/modifying files and permissions and that’s why I’m struggling with this process. It’s infuriating!

confirmed, there are some crocmen heroes that crash now. Thanks for letting me know