Dawn of Masteries

Its exactly as you say. Simply and easily the Cata mod is old and havent been buffed, why other were, including the base game. So if you increase scaling of all skills by 60% - 75% (as per the short table i provided above), thats fixed. Although I can imagine going through every single skill will be quite tedius, so best of luck if you decide to this.
Btw Nosferat + Nightblade is my favourite as well, lets pump that cunning up :slight_smile:

No one can expect a modder to test this many classes. Like Mamba said, He is not opposed to it. The best solution is for gamers to become mod testers. Capture it in something like Excel and pass it along. Not everything will be used but it will give Mamba a general idea of which way to go. I would have loved to do it but First. I have no time and Second. I am so noob, I make noob people look pro. Asking me to balance a game would be the worst idea ever :grin:

I think with the Cata classes specifically, they were always pretty well balanced around the original mod, which included significant attribute changes and all the additional components and additional skill points, etc. I donโ€™t know if the classes were ever re-balanced to account for the absence of those changes. I really donโ€™t think Cata needs a tedious rebalancing of each ability, but rather, just a blanket increase across the board to damage for every class and skill, passive and active.

no they werenโ€™t, but then Cata included the vanilla classes too, were those rebalanced for Cata? If not, then either they were unbalanced in Cata, or the Cata classes should not be all that unbalanced in DoM either (apart from whatever changes they have been missing out on since)

I donโ€™t think multiplying everything by 1.5 or so would be the correct approach to compensate however

There is no need for a rebalance. If you get specialized gear towards the classes, that makes up for the lack of buffs. Not only that, the gear have SPECIAL effects on certain skills in the classes from the mod.

For example, you can get a ton of stuff for the sword and shield specialization class(Forgot the name and it is my favorite from this mod), and the skill from just basic melee is turned into a 99.99% chance to block, with 95% immunity towards damage when blocking, with only 5% of the damage not being blocked, since the blocking absorption is reduced because of a passive by 90% of the max value; 10% being the new maxโ€ฆ Which is okay and well balanced in my opinion, since you block almost 100% of the time, have invincibility with a shield and sword, 50x more damage based on the defense and damage your sword and shield have as base stats; When attacking, you get a 50x damage bonus. When blocking, you gain a 50x bonus to invincibility duration when attacking/blocking.

When using the skills, you can change the AoE shout into a stun-locking, high damaging, debuffer that reduces everything down to 0% when effecting between 1 and up enemies on cast. The enemiesโ€™ speed, damage, defense, resistances, ability to block, regeneration, all are reduced to 0 while the AoEโ€™s effect duration remains; which has a 45 second duration at level 1.

The low damage scaling of the cata classes was something I noticed years ago. Itโ€™s real. My nightblades shadow strike ability does 11k damage right now. The nosferatus rip ability does 1500 damage with the same number of points invested. There absolutely is a damage scaling problem here.

Mercenaries whirling death has a 25 second cooldown and does 2300 damage. Nightblades ring of steel does over 17k damage (with the modifier) and has a 2.5 second cooldown. Every class Iโ€™ve played from cata is the same. Iโ€™m not saying theyโ€™re all unplayable (although at higher difficulties Iโ€™m assuming they get there) and there arenโ€™t legendaries that give a big boost, but theyโ€™re incredibly weak compared to vanilla classes.

The original mod had significant attribute changes and skill point changes. The mastery bars also included a lot of extra features like increased damage and resistances instead of just a steady attribute and health/energy increase. I know there were a few versions of the mod that saw big changes, so I donโ€™t know what was re-balanced and when, but it needs it again in my opinion.

This is absolutely great work, to combine so many content in one pack. Thank you very much for all, original mod creators and people who combined it all in one.

My poor Valkyrie, reduced to being a politician. She can yell for Avalon, but she canโ€™t do anything for Avalon. All the other humans with two-handed weapons (except for spears) can use them, but sheโ€™s stuck.

For my build. My basic melee deals around 50k damage, because of all the elemental explosions, and the complete reduction of resistances and defenses to 0, rendering a critical hit every three basic melee attacks.

With skills, I deal around 250k damage, when I reduce their defenses and resistances to 0 with basic melee. I shield bash to stun them, further lowering their stats by applying a debuff that forces them to take 5x the normal damage. Because of being a critical hit, I deal an extra 25k damage on top of that. I combo into the sweep Slash AoE, drawing in all the enemies around me, while dishing out 40k damage, reducing their speed by 95%. By reducing their speed, defenses, resistances, adding a 5x damage multiplier before hand. The speed reduction also effects their health, burning it away in the process of 12k per second.

Then I deal an extra 3x more damage, because I am using a sword and shield, combo with the skills being activated in an order, adding far more damage to the build. This is without any special armor, rings, amulet, shield, or sword.

If I use the special items in combination with the skill order. I can hit around 12 million on a super strong boss, before it dies in two ticks after initiating the order.

ugh. I am too old to micro skills like that :grin: well I do in median xl mod for Diablo 2 but you have no choice there as ubers can get tricky. My problem is my controller brokeโ€ฆ The only games I play with a controller are ARPGโ€™s as it is a lot easier to micro-skills.

Dear creator, I donโ€™t know if my message can attract your attention. The character I use is Oathkeeper + Earth, because I want to combine a flame character with all the passive skills added, and the character is already level 75. The game crashed when I ran to the dark forest. I tried many times but it still happened after more than ten seconds. So I quit the mod, ran the Dark Forest once with the original game, and continued to run it for more than two hours, and the game was still normal. So I think there may be a conflict that caused the crash but I canโ€™t find it. Is there anyone in the same situation as me?
On August 8, 2024, I re-tested, but the result was the same. If I entered the dark forest at the same angle and then moved forward a little further, it would crash. The crash position was exactly the same as before. Afterwards, the character could no longer play the game. After entering the game for more than 10 seconds, Doing nothing will lead to collapse. This time I kept the crash report. Also, I forgot to mention that the most important point is that this is the Chinese version. I donโ€™t know if this has anything to do with it. I hope someone who can understand the crash report can tell me the reason.
7de6eee7-3832-4b20-86bc-207c5b439eea.zip (23.7 KB)

I searched and found that some foreign netizens using the original version had the same problem and it was in the same location [Gloomwald].https://www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/82?tab=bugs

Hello creator, sorry to bother you, please read my latest message. Tell me the possible problems. I think it is probably my problem, but I have no clue about the solution. Please tell me the possible problems and what I can try.

That has 99,9% nothing to do with the mod. Try disabling anti aliasing and turn off shadows. If would bet its a GPU isssue. Or, as usual, reinstall the game. Make sure its really clean, delete registry entries related to GD as well and when reinstalling, pick a different directory.

me not replying does not mean that I am not reading your post. Chances are the issue is not you but again some TQ animation. The croc heroes seem to have problems, and they might be around in that area. Will need to upload a new version

Thank you very much for your reply, you are right, I think so too. If the main problem is mods then more people will definitely come out and find the problem. But Iโ€™ve met at least three people with this problem and probably others who donโ€™t mirror this problem and just shut down the game, but I donโ€™t want to give up on this mod, I love it. I think this is a problem for a small number of people. It may be some kind of incompatibility that some people will encounter.

I have the same problem. Shortly after the Groomwald portal, no matter what I do (enter a dungeon - the screen gets stuck on loading, enter the forest, or anything else), my screen goes black, and the only solution is to restart the computer. Iโ€™m using Furibund (Barbarian D3 + Warfare TQ). On vanilla, the game has no issues at all in that area. The settings are on ultra for both versions of the game. By the way, the mod is incredibly good, and Furibund is unstoppableโ€”itโ€™s a lot of fun.

The problem of characters freezing from Gloomwald to Ugdenbog was already reported on this forum about 20 days ago. You are not the only one who has experienced this, and manba is aware of it. I am sure it will be fixed, so enjoy the rest of the mod for now.

I can get through Groomwaldโ€™s first rift, but I cross Groomwald crossing rift the second rift and go a little further and it crashes, every time. Hopefully this will provide a better lock-in for creators. Just like the picture below.

(์˜์–ด๋ฅผ ์ž˜ ๋ชปํ•ด์„œ ๊ทธ๋ƒฅ ์“ธ๊ฒŒ์š”, ๊ตฌ๊ธ€ ๋ฒˆ์—ญ๊ธฐ๋ฅผ ๋ฏฟ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.)

์•ˆ๋…•ํ•˜์„ธ์š”, DOM ๋ชจ๋“œ ๋•๋ถ„์— ์ฐฝ๊ณ ์— ๋„ฃ์–ด๋‘” GD๋ฅผ ๋‹ค์‹œ ๊บผ๋‚ด์„œ ์ฆ๊ธฐ๊ณ  ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

์ €๋Š” ์›๋ž˜๋ถ€ํ„ฐ ์–‘์† ๋ฌด๊ธฐ๋กœ ๊ฐ•ํ•˜๊ฒŒ ๊ณต๊ฒฉํ•˜๋Š” ๊ฑธ ์ข‹์•„ํ•ด์„œ GD๋•Œ๋ถ€ํ„ฐ ์ƒค๋จผ+@, Primal Strike ์˜ฌ์ธ์œผ๋กœ ๊ณ„์† ํ–ˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๋ฐ”๋‹๋ผ์—์„œ๋„ PS๊ฐ€ ์›Œ๋‚™ ๊ฐ•๋ ฅํ–ˆ๋Š”๋ฐ DOM์—์„œ๋Š” ๊ทธ ์œ„๋ ฅ์„ ํ›จ์”ฌ ๋” ๊ฐ•๋ ฅํ•˜๊ฒŒ ๋งŒ๋“ค ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ๋”๊ตฐ์š”. ์Šคํ‚ฌ-์žฌ์ˆ˜์ • ๋ฃฌ์œผ๋กœ ๋ชฉ๊ฑธ์ด์™€ ๋ฐ˜์ง€(*2)์— Korvan Storm Halberd ์…‹์„ ๋ผ์› ๋”๋‹ˆ, ๊ณต๊ฒฉํ•  ๋•Œ๋งˆ๋‹ค ํ™”๋ฉด์ด ๋ฒˆ์ฉ๋ฒˆ์ฉํ•˜๊ณ  ๋ชน๋“ค์ด ๋…น์•„๋ฒ„๋ฆฌ๋Š” ์ฆ๊ฑฐ์›€์„ ๋Š๋ผ๊ณ  ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

Loghorren์„ ์ฒ˜์น˜ํ•˜๊ณ  Anasteria ํ€˜์ŠคํŠธ๋ฅผ ์ง„ํ–‰ํ•  ๋•Œ๋งˆ๋‹ค ๋งํ•  ๋„ค๋ฉ”์‹œ์Šค๋ฅผ ์ด๊ธฐ์ง€ ๋ชปํ•˜๊ณ  ๋ช‡ ๋ฒˆ์ด๋‚˜ ์บ๋ฆญํ„ฐ๋ฅผ ๋‹ค์‹œ ํ‚ค์›Œ์•ผ ํ–ˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค(Hardcore๋กœ๋งŒ ํ•ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค). ๊ทธ๋ ‡๊ฒŒ ๊ณ„์† ๋ฐ˜๋ณตํ•˜๋ฉด์„œ ๋“œ๋””์–ด Ugdenbog๊นŒ์ง€ ์™”๋Š”๋ฐ, ๋ง™์†Œ์‚ฌโ€ฆ๊ฒŒ์ž„์ด ๊ณ„์† ๋ฌธ์ œ๊ฐ€ ์ƒ๊ธฐ๋„ค์š”? ๋ชฌ์Šคํ„ฐ ์Šคํฐ๋Ÿ‰์„ ์ค„์ด๊ฑฐ๋‚˜ ์˜ต์…˜์„ ๋ฐ”๊ฟ”๋„ ๊ณ„์† ๋ฌธ์ œ๊ฐ€ ๋ฐœ์ƒํ•ด์„œ ์ธํ„ฐ๋„ท์„ ์ฐพ์•„๋ณด๋‹ค ์ด ์ž๋ฆฌ๊นŒ์ง€ ์˜ค๊ฒŒ ๋˜์—ˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

์ œ์ž‘์ž ๋ถ„๊ป˜์„œ๋„ ์ด ์ƒํ™ฉ์„ ์ธ์ง€ํ•˜๊ณ  ์ˆ˜์ •์ค‘์ด๋ผ๊ณ  ํ•˜์‹œ๋‹ˆ ๋‹คํ–‰์ด๊ณ , ๊ฐ์‚ฌํ•ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

๋‹ค๋ฅธ ์งˆ๋ฌธ ๋ช‡ ๊ฐ€์ง€๋งŒ ๋“œ๋ฆฌ๊ณ  ์‹ถ์€๋ฐ์š”.

1. D3 ๋Œ€์žฅ์žฅ์ด๊ฐ€ ์ œ์ž‘ํ•˜๋Š” ์•„์ดํ…œ์˜ ํž˜ ์š”๊ตฌ๋Ÿ‰์ด 10000์ด๋‚˜ ๋˜๋˜๋ฐ, ์ด๊ฑฐโ€ฆ์ •์ƒ์€ ์•„๋‹Œ๊ฑฐ๊ฒ ์ฃ ?
  2. ์Šคํ‚ฌ ์žฌ์ˆ˜์ • ๋ฃฌ์„ ์žฅ์‹ ๊ตฌ๊ฐ€ ์•„๋‹Œ ๋‹ค๋ฅธ ๋ถ€๋ถ„์—๋„ ์žฅ์ฐฉํ•  ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ๋„๋ก ๋ณ€๊ฒฝํ•˜์‹ค ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ๋‚˜์š”?
  3. ํ…Œ๋Ÿฌ ๋‚˜์ดํŠธ์˜ ์Šคํ‚ฌ ์ค‘ Engage๋Š” ๊ทผ์ ‘ ๋ฌด๊ธฐ๋ฅผ ์žฅ์ฐฉํ•ด์•ผ ์‚ฌ์šฉํ•  ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ๋Š”๋ฐ, Korvan Storm Halberd๋ฅผ ์žฅ์ฐฉํ•˜๋ฉด ์“ธ ์ˆ˜ ์—†์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ์™œ์ฃ โ€ฆ?(๊ทธ๋ž˜์„œ ํ…Œ๋Ÿฌ ๋‚˜์ดํŠธ๋Š” ์•ˆ ์“ฐ๊ณ  ์ƒค๋จผ+๋ฆฌํ”„ํŠธ ์Šคํ† ์ปค๋ฅผ ์”๋‹ˆ๋‹ค)
  4. ๋””๋ณด์…˜ ํฌ์ธํŠธ๋Š” MOD์—์„œ๋„ 55 ์ด์ƒ ์˜ฌ๋ฆด ์ˆ˜ ์—†๋‚˜์š”?

์ฝ์–ด์ฃผ์‹œ๊ณ  ๋‹ตํ•ด์ฃผ์‹ค ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ์œผ๋ฉด ์ •๋ง ์ข‹๊ฒ ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

Regarding question 1, the power needs to be 10,000 because this is an exclusive item of the Crusader, changing the two-handed weapon into a one-handed weapon. As long as you use the Crusader to find the power of heaven in the first line of the skill and upgrade it to level 10, you can lift all arms.Of course, the power of heaven is only effective when the Crusader holds a shield in his left hand. Questions 2 and 4 are balance issues so they are not game issues but your personal requirements and the author has their reasons for not doing this.

1 Like