Dawn of Masteries

Hello. I have a crash of the game on a regular basis in practice in the location " Ugdenbog". What can be done about this solution, please tell me?

Second this. Rifting to the location normally and porting there using DPYes results in the game freezing and a crash.

Edit: add Gloomwald to the list @mamba
Edit 2: the mine where you have to slay the 6 special mobs for the Barrowholm quest NE of the town itself seems to be causing the game to freeze and crash. I can run around the area outside the town and mine just fine, but entering the mine via the entrance and porting to any area in Ugdenbog results in a freeze and crash, therefore, some quests cannot be completed.

ya latest up date has screwed all my characters again
im tired of this
too much grind

Just lurking here. From time to time, I log in to see how everything is going. I noticed that everyone is still having the crash issues in certain areas and unable to clear missions/quests.

Been busy with stuff, like medical on my end, which is why I haven’t really been able to browse the site for a bit.

It takes time to flush out all the bugs, errors, and other crap, due to the update of the firmware. People have to understand, that when a firmware is updated. Everything from the old firmware is broken, bugged, and no longer useful to the game itself.

Firmware updates are a modder’s nightmare, and a programer’s headache. It takes time and patience to redo everything for the new firmware. It’s like remaking a mod/program from scratch at that point.

this isnt a bug its ya cant even play the mod
as soon as it tries to load boom to desktop

You backed up your save files before upgrading, right?

that is decidedly not true, first of all it obviously is a bug and second of all it happens around Gloomwald, not in other regions

As last time it is GD crashing because of some TQ effects it previously had no problems with

Hello, I have a question. If the TQ of a certain monster causes the game to crash, then why not replace it with other normal monsters to deal with the hard-to-fix bug? Or will it be more difficult to deal with? I don’t know much about technical issues.

1 Like

It’s harder to replace, than it is to recode for the firmware that was forced upon us during the update.

Sorry for making a secondary post.

The reason why the mod keeps crashing, is, as I said multiple times; The firmware update caused these issues.

Due to the new firmware from the previous. The mods pretty much became the error for the game’s new firmware. The game’s firmware can not read the old firmware found inside the mod files.

Due to this, the mods from the previous firmware, will, at any moment, cause the new firmware’s script compilation to crash. Put simply, think of binary coding. Binary coding is mainly 0s and 1s, but a new firmware will read those old 0s and 1s with a 2 or a few in the lines, causing the script to run into an error, which can not be read; resulting in either the game crashing before load-up, or during gameplay.

Because of the firmware from the old to the new, the new one, compiles files differently and has a different way of reading files upon script launch. You can not take Skyrim’s engine and use an engine that made Runescape and expect Skyrim to run on Runescape’s engine without any errors occuring.

The engines used to make these games are completely different. They read files and codes differently from each other. That’s how firmware acts. If Runescape’s engine reads Skyrim’s files and tries to launch Skyrim. Runescape’s engine will simply crash, causing errors of all kinds to show up. Sometimes, the engine will even blue-screen and freeze the application entirely.

Same thing applies if you try and have Skyrim’s engine read Runescape’s files. The game will crash and all kinds of errors will happen, resulting in the same crap that the firmware from the old Grim Dawn had to this new firmware forced upon us from the update.

Got it. People need to relax and wait for a fix.

:face_with_monocle: :thinking: hmmm just watching, hoping that everything will be resolved before the Fangs of Asterkarn DLC arrives, because if it’s being difficult now, difficult it will be with the new DLC full of big changes.

Thank you so much for your patience and answering questions for us technical idiots, I understand.

It’s no issue. I just wanted to give a simple view point on it, and how it actually affects the mods and games.

I used the two common game engines to advice it. This’ll keep people from getting confused over it for the most part.

You are most welcome as well.

Patience is after all, a virtue and a means of life for some. Being technical or not. It’s actually quite easy to understand the differences in a more simple means than just stating skyrim and runscape.

EXAMPLE

A fridge compared to a toaster.

A Toaster is simply a square box with a hole or two, with conduit wires to conduct heat and toast bread and other such things.

A Fridge is a cooler that freezes/cools down items, such as freezing foods, making ice from water, and preserving foods/drinks with lower temperatures compared to the room/weather temperature.

This is the best simple form of firmware. A Toaster and Fridge.

Yes, they use the same materials in most cases, but are used entirely different from each other.

because I do not really want to replace the monsters…

the two are completely different topic. GD 1.2.1 broke something in GD that results in GD crashing for some TQ effects that used to work before. Asterkarn probably will do no such thing, but it will require an update of the mod to make it compatible with the new expansion.

1 Like

I get it, the update broke something in the TQ effects that you haven’t figured out yet what it should be and it makes the game crash, it wouldn’t be the case that just for as long as you remove these effects and leave with the normal effects until you figure out what it should be, it’s just a suggestion, so that the people who play in the mod can continue appreciating your beautiful work, just for the record; Your mod is very good, one of the best here on the platform.

Once you figure out which file causes the issue, you already have won most of the battle. It’s not like you can ‘fix’ the file, you have to replace it anyway…

1 Like

Dawn of Masteries 1.6.a released

Fixes the dump in Ugdenbog (was some croc heroes)
Updated to GD 1.2.1.2

4 Likes

Grateful Mamba, thank you very much for the correction, it may be that someone has not said this yet, but your mod is of very great importance to all of us who play grim dawn.