Dawn of Masteries

I can select the last line without problems.

What resolution are you using ? Try adjusting the UI scale…

Version 0.8.6 released

Fixes for Cataclysm and NCFF random item blueprints

1 Like

Version 0.8.6.1 released

Fixed a typo with the NCFF recipes. If you already have 0.8.6, you can also download the .arz itself and dreplace the 0.8.6 one

Version 0.8.6.2 released

More fixes to NCFF recipes (chest items are now included)

If you have 0.8.6, you can get the delta here

Thanks for the updates!
Not usually playing mods that much, but this is so much fun.

Will my DoM savegames work with future updates?

Version 0.8.6.2
tags_mccm_masteries.txt
*tagClassDescD3Necromancer=*Necromancers…
Don’t show description

The savegames will work, but depending on what happens with the mods that are still in active development (D3 and TQ) skills might break / no longer be available.

The D3 mod is usually announcing that in advance, so you can spec out of them before the update, not sure about TQ.

1 Like

Version 0.9.0 released

Included Grimmest FG 1.1.4 plus some slight adjustments from Grimarillion.

Unlike in the regular Grimmest FG mod, the default setting is OFF.

1 Like

Thank you.This is gonna be so much fun :smiley:
It’s like every morning i wake up and there’s a new version.

Ha, that was pretty much true, I blame it on the bugs :wink:

Hope things slow down now…

I don’t mind the updates though.It means it still getting balanced and bug fixes.Well worth it.

Hello and thank you for the mod.
Can you add some more class like Zenith class, Grimdawn reborn and D2 class?

Just want to mention.That Paragon’s Combat expertise skill has -x phys for shields.It doesn’t work.I know most prob the Author of the mod must fix it.Just giving my 2 cents :grin:

No. GD has a limit of 40 masteries, so I have 4 open slots left.

Due to this limit I have been trying to add the masteries / mods that fit best (imo). That means they should be similar to the GD ones in design (so the ‘old’ Apocalypse mod is out, while the rework could have been a candidate), mastery strength and item support (i.e. the mod should have unique items and affixes for magic / rare items, not just the mastery itself).

Of the mods out there that have not been added, Zenith and the reworked Apocalypse come the closest imo. Zenith masteries seem a bit OP and have no item support (plus the mod’s initial philosophy was different with its own world and approach to itemization - if that ever happens).
Reworked Apocalypse is too new, by then my mod was in full swing, and it also is in the middle of being reworked, which is not the time to add it anyway :wink:

Since I have D3 already I did not want D2 as well, which also has a different idea about balancing. On top of that I assume its spear throw animations conflict with TQs spear animations (haven’t really checked as I had decided to not use it regardless)

As to GD Reborn, with its mastery specific devotion changes it is not a good candidate to merge (unless you ignore those) anyway.

Finally, before I add anything I also want the original mod’s author to agree to that (didn’t check with the author’s of any of the missing mods, it’s not like anyone said not to use their mod).

So there is a lot more to consider when adding masteries, esp since there is a hard limit to some things (number of masteries, animation slots) :wink:

If there is a single mastery that meets the above criteria and is sufficiently interesting to add (so no more necromancers / pet masteries…), let me know and I will take a look at it (which is not a promise that it will be added…)

Since that is from Cataclysm, which is abandoned, I would not hold my breath on that happening :wink:

I guess I will look into this…

So you see the -x% physique in the skill description but it is not actually affecting shields ? I find that odd, since the game should be responsible for the latter part, and if it shows the bonus, it is aware of it - or is that only mentioned in the skill description ?

If you have sufficient strength for the shield anyway, this bonus is not shown, it only is shown if you do not meet the requirement for the shield from your stats already. So make sure that is not simply a case of you being able to equip the shield without the -x% already :wink:

I was playing with a full spirit class but will double check it when i have a chance maybe i had enough phys for the shield i really can’t remember.

Man i make noobs look pro :sunglasses: i had enough phys for shield sorry lol.

Hi
I just start fresh character on 0.9.0 mod and found little bug.

Nyborg from Grimmest spawn on random places and give G sigil. Only on 1 quest i have 5 of them in bacpack. Just wanna told. By the way… veeery nice mod :slight_smile:

The only time this item is created is when you start the game and do not have one yet, at least in theory.

It certainly should not actually drop anywhere. Worst case you should maybe get a second one when you start the game. Do you get this to drop ?

Jusy for note: don’ t confuse ‘Diablo 2 Classes’ and ‘Reign of Terror’.

yes, I probably use those interchangeably, esp. since I am unclear on what the actual differences are (other than one using the D2 setting). Maybe you can shed some light on that , was always curious about that but found little info on it :smiley: