Dawn of Masteries

Thank you for your kind and clear reply.
Didn’t know that GD has a limit of mastery. I agree that Zenith class is a bit OP, and Reworked Apocalypse is too new. The mod only have 4 slot left, maybe you can creat your original class to fill in? This will make this mod more unique and more fun.

This also happened for me several times already where he would spawn and give me the sigil in random places.

It actually does summon sometimes when attacking.Not a lot but it does.

He is not giving you the sigil, but yes, he can spawn at random places. Think I figured out why by now…

In two words: D2 Classes transfer classes from Diablo II in line of GD, while RoT pretends at totally D2 conversion on GD engine.
RoT include early D2C source, but separately develops.

I wouldn’t have minded D2 classes instead of D3.But it will take to much work to convert and items etc.In a long run it’s not worth it.

So RoT is a fork of D2C and has then gone its own way ? I thought that changes are still being somewhat synchronized between the two.

RoT is parallel project. At the current state there is more borrowing than synchronization.

Version 0.9.1 released

Fixes some issues with Grimmest

There also is an update available

2 Likes

Thousand thanks for this, been waiting for a successor to DAIL for such a long time.

Just want to reply.Druid pet Hive queen does benefit from player bonus when you add the mod Primal bonds.So Harbringer should also work fine.

Hello is it possible to play crucible with the character made with the mod? If so, how do I play crucible with it?

No it isn’t. No mod can be used in Crucible because Crucible is basically a mod itself and only one mod can be active.

If you were to merge DoM with the base game, you could play its chars in the Crucible. Don’t think there is any other way to do so.

Alright. Love this mod and thanks for the quick reply!

Can you merge Shattered affix mod?

I am not interested in merging that mod, the merge itself should be trivial however, so feel free to do so for your custom mod.

It’s too bad about having the NCFF masteries, if you took them out you’d have exactly enough mastery slots to put in the D2 masteries, though I understand why you wouldn’t want to do that at this point and ruin anyone with a character currently using masteries from NCFF.

As for single mastery mods that you could add, the only notable ones for me are two very old ones that never got updated with the expansions (which doesn’t seem to be an issue for you), the Engineer and Mystic Warrior. Fair bit of warning, they aren’t the most balanced, especially Engineer. There’s also the new Mastery Plus mod which adds an extra mastery that acts as an extension of your other mastery for a sort of single mastery build, but of course only works for the original GD masteries. Not released yet, but could be interesting when it is.

Mysticv Warrior to me felt like half a mastery (it has 17 skills only) and the problem with Engineer is that it has a combo skill with each other mastery (which back then were the 6 vanilla masteries), which clearly does not work well here. Also, it looks like yet another pet mastery (but at least not the 5th or so Necromancer :wink: ). I haven’t played either, this is just from looking at their skill tree.

Does either mastery come with uniques ?

Any opinion on the Illusionist from Darkest Dawn (don’t want the Necromancer from it…) ? I was a bit interested in it, but it too had no item support which is why I did not take a closer look…

Mystic Warrior was a bit sparse no doubt about that. As for the combo skills in Engineer, they never felt necessary and could easily be deleted. It has a pet aspect to it, but it’s kind of more like Demolitionist Mortar or Shaman Totems in that way. It’s more than possible to just play it as a pure ranged no summon character though, especially if combined with another ranged mastery. Honestly I don’t remember well if either came with any items/uniques, but I don’t think so.

I didn’t like the Illusionist from Darkest Dawn at all personally.

I’ll take a look at the Engineer then, but to me item support is essential for a mastery to be added, so will depend on that.