Dawn of Masteries

i know i made myself look dumb by asking that twice lol , but it really got me confused … anyway i extracted all files copied gdx1’s contents over vanilla database then gdx2 over them and replaced dups .

so now i use winmerge and compare both folders of game’s extracted files and grim ui’s and change any diffrences i see there in game to match the grim ui’s files , correct ?

No. You compare vanilla against Grim UI to identify what changes were made, you change neither. What you do change is the DoM dbrs.

Any change in DoM that WinMerge finds by comparing vanilla and Grim UI, you replace with the vanilla values.

ah now i got it , ill just open 3 of them side by side and compare ui to vanilla then change in dom , after that i save project when im done , correct ? and just go file after file till all is changed to vanilla , correct ? then when all is complete i compile the dom files and play the game so GG

Yes, whether you open 3 side by side or open the DoM in a text editor and find the tag and value that way does not really matter, but you got the idea.

thank you , i got that alright and working on it atm , everything going so smooth so far :smiley:

also i have a question aside from this , i know you included cataclysm masteries in this mod , but when i looked up cataclysm recently i noticed the devotion cap was raised to 64 instead of 55 , i wonder why didnt you included it here ? will it break the game or make it too easy ?

Consensus is that 55 is generous, a few points more and you just can select too much / become too powerful (not that you cannot already do so from all the different masteries and items, they are not all balanced that well).

Also, I do not want to change base GD really (unless it cannot be avoided), I want to add to it.

yea i get that , but i noticed while comparing your files … there was a line that had devotion cap of 70 !

Not sure what you saw there, don’t think I changed the cap.

Nope, not changed

playerDevotionCap,55,

thats what i found during comparing , while in game i was on veteran i didnt notice any change in devotion cap , but this says 70 and i thought it could be on ultimate or smth … so i keep it as is or change it to 55 ?

Are you sure you are using my DoM, not the Stasher version that was uploaded by cosminkz ?

I am certain mine uses 55…

also now i changed all files and saved , how to compile the files back again without messing things up ?

oooh yea i forgot that i use the stasher one ooops , sorry about that … shall i change it to 55 ?

as I wrote earlier today :wink:

really up to you, I am wondering what other changes there are however because clearly the expanded stash is not the only one

wish i have remembered to use your file instead :\
but ill work on it again once i get a better caravaner that fits my res to change for it

aaah for godsake that AM keeps deleting my game files whenever i choose build or compact options , i think i cant set it up … where can i find a guide for it ? i have to reinstall the game for the 3rd time now

From the looks of it, the only other changes there potentially are would be in gameengine.dbr, so I’d compare that to DoM and see if you find anything that is different from DoM and not related to the UI.

alright i will look into it , thank you

also based on vanilla comparison there is none changed but devotions

there is one on the forum for how to set it up. Also,GD comes with a ‘Grim Dawn Modding Guide.pdf’ which explains this (but is outdated in that it is from before the expansions).

Ultimately even that should be fine as you do not really mod, you just need to compile a mod that already exists, so you should be able to ignore the expansions.

Finally, make sure you select the mod you want to build (Mod - Select) before building anything. I assume that is why AM keeps ruining your game files.

yea i just found it , thanks and yes it keeps destroying the files … that tool is a dangerous one and not very obvious on what it does when selecting/pressing

Dawn of Masteries 1.0.5 released

• Diablo 3 updated to 3.5
  • Sparker mastery added
  • Grimmest FG changed to also spawn bosses
7 Likes