Dawn of Masteries

Select mod in AM, you should have a dom mod there already, then build

aaaaaah i cant believe my eyes , its working and rolling files now :smiley: … thank you thank you … damn that was a rough trip to modding lol … ill let u know how it ended up

ok its finished now , and it messed everything up so bad , the dom.arz was created in the build directory , but its size was lesser than the original and there is no templates.arc , also nothing in resources folder .

also there is a records folder created with the dom.arz …

anyway i just tested it out to see if the inventory changes i made are working and once the game loaded , characters faces are invisible the weapons are stuck on the ground to the char , once in game the cam is stuck and the whole ui missing a few texts/stuff here and there :\

Now you can have a new found appreciation for what all the modders go thru to bring you dem gud mods you like to play - tho it probably goes a little smoother once you know what is what :wink:

1 Like

i felt it already , damn thats a true hard work aaaand my trip isnt over yet … :\

1 Like

that you have nothing in resources is expected, you have nothing to build for them after all

By in build, I assume you mean build\mods\dom, not build directly…

normal as well

no idea about char faces or stuck weapons, maybe the latter is due to you missing all the resources, not sure why the face would be affected though.

You definitely will need the DoM resource arcs though, you basically just created the new .arz so everything else has to come from DoM

As to the size being smaller, what did you build? Your changes only, or the full DoM dbrs with your changes? The former obviously would be smaller, the latter should not be

i built the full dbrs + the ones i changed being kept as is nothing removed (just changed the sizes of inventory, stash, transmuter and npcs to vanilla)
and did the correct steps to create that arz , not sure why the size is smaller tho

so what to do ?

I thought that is obvious, take the rest of the files from the DoM mod. Better yet, copy your .arz into the mods/dom/database dir since it should be in a different dir for you and you need it in the mods dir to play it anyway

actually thats exactly what i did after creating that file , i copied it over mods/dom/database and replaced the old one with it and ran the game , and what i found in the test is what i told you :\

i just copied all the contents of your dom except dom.arz to the folder AM created then moved that folder to GD mods and played the game , problem still there like i mentioned …
so any solution please or just give up ? T_T

Did the AM give you any error messages when building the arz ?

Not sure why this would not be working or why your arz file is smaller. You could upload your arz and I take a look.

yes , not a single error appeared

yes sure , gonna take somtime … im on it now and you can check if there were any errors your own advanced way :slight_smile:

here it is https://gofile.io/d/NyEz4y

Interesting, when I try to extract your arz with ArchiveTool, it fails, so to me it looks like your arz is corrupted, no idea why it si though.

hmmm , this is bad and actually i remember mentioning that when i was extracting game files via AM i got an error red line during the extraction and it kinda tried to open archivetool but failed and gave me a not responding message for AT then it continued extracting , do u think it might be the issue ?

No idea, not sure how they would be related since you should not need anything but the vanilla templates from whatever AM extracted. On the other hand, if those were not extracted correctly…

Try extracting the templates.arc with AT instead of AM and check in WinMerge if there is any difference between what you extracted with AM and AT

alright , ill do that

had a hard time with AT , ill just do that with grimarc

and it got extracted now and OMG , there are more than 700 files :o , do i have to compare each and every one of them ???

not you, WinMerge, just specify the two dirs

Ultimately you do not even have to do that, if it builds correctly with these files, then you know the old ones were corrupted :wink:

Also, I’d verify the game files, AM should have extracted this stuff properly

ok i figured it out and i just did the check and all was green checked except the files from dom templates that replaced the vanilla ones (i assume)

so maybe i set the working directory to a new one and just drop the templates there and dom and try to rebuild once more ? - its failed , tried to go with only templates and dom records files and when i build i get an error message … i dont know what to do anymore

I am out of ideas here, no idea why AM would build a defective arz and not show any errors, so now your guess is as good as mine