Dawn of Masteries

What he said.

1 Like

Hi. I am a user who enjoys DOM. First of all, say thank you for making and maintaining this fun mod.
Iā€™m currently playing as Cryptkeeper, a class that combines necromancer from Diablo 3 and Necromant from NCFF, and Iā€™m always suffering from being kicked out of the game in all circumstances, including even away from the keyboard. Can you figure out the problem and fix it in the next update? From what Iā€™ve discovered, it doesnā€™t seem like this is caused by a problem with the computer itself, such as a graphics problem.

Having finished Reign of Terror three times, getting really tuned out all the way, thinking trying some fresh meat to mentally heal myself, so might as well try this mod. Man all mods seem pretty small-sized right now after downloading ROT.

are you talking about SP or MP? What is ā€˜kicked outā€™, are you back at the char selection screen (the game does not crash), or does it crash?

highly unlikely. I have nothing to go by (you did not say ā€˜whenever I do X, Y happensā€™, which would be a starting point to see if I can even replicate it).
Iā€™d try disabling item tooltips to see if that helps, although it does not explain the afk issues to me.

The afk to me means it is the PC and has nothing to do with the mod, as presumably the char just stands there so nothing in the mod should trigger the issue (no skill is being used, etc)

if i afk in-game(in Devil`s crossing or any villages, no char selection) i always got crashed and crash report window appears (may be tweaks you mentioned before).

I even experimented to see if the tweak only occurs in certain situations, but for example, after moving to the lift, I didnā€™t try to catch any monster or even activate any toggling buff, I stayed still for 3 minutes and it keeps tweaking.

And when I play in the original mode, there is no tweak at all, and even when I start the DOM and play scintillator or ranger, I have no problems at all. but This class, which is a combination of Necromant from Diablo3 and Necromant from NCFF, is especially focused on grim scythe modifier. This problem only occurs when I play this character in this build.

It will be obvious that this mod is compatible with my PC.

Can you upload your char somewhere ?

Crashing?
Disable Auto-Tooltips perhaps? :thinking:

The token system is too useful in this mod, to the point i only use the 1-token-gambling feature, for when the cost is the same, there will be no point in making lesser ones, really breaks the spirit of this type of games. but random craft solves the problem, makes the actual reward much more appealing.
I was gonna change the craft recipes myself to make it more expensive to craft specific gears, then i feel it might take too much time, so i dispatched the idea, and decided to simply not use that. Because even if i changed the value, it will only make trashy ones more undesirable.

Great mod by the way, iā€™ve been enjoying it these past two days, it brings joyful sparks to vanilla map playthrough.

not sure what you mean by lesser ones. There are two 1 token options 1) some random unique item from a subset of items, e.g. all D3 rings, levels 1 - 40 or whatever and 2) a random unique with affixes, but that only for epics / legendaries of level 75 and up.
In addition you can have a specific unique for 4 or 6 or so tokens, not random and no affixes.

So I guess lesser here means the non-affixed ones. The downside there is that it might take you a lot more tokens to get the one item you want (let alone the affixes you want), compared to getting the item outright.

The affixed uniques are meant as a token sink in the end, but of course you can gamble on those whenever you want to (provided you want items of level 75 or higher)

it takes very little time if you use a tool to search and replace values / text strings instead of doing it manually :wink:

Yeah i know, the number is the same, so replace them with tools like notepad++ is fairly easy, the real pain is the file number, but it can be done with patience. No man with sanity will do it one by one, youā€™ll surely lose it afterwards.

Ok my bad , i might not explained it clearly. For lesser ones i mean less appealing gears, like my character now is a martial assassin, i made two Bartucā€™s Cut Throat, no reason not to use it, good stats and 2 skills each, but there are many other swords in the pool, but their stats are not so good for me comparing to this, so they became ā€œlesserā€ gears, on the same level, we always choose the most powerful gear. And of course you would want better affixes afterwards, but thatā€™s not the point here.
And what i mean random is better is not by the cost, itā€™s by the rng satisfaction, like gambling in diablo 2, the price is ridiculous, but when you get it, itā€™s pure joy.
Some personal taste feedback thatā€™s all , nothing crucial, the token system itself is convinient in all ways.

What i was saying is like in diablo 2 one nagel ring and one stone of jordan, the price is the same, why would i craft nagel? Morally speaking, not actual stats or such.

Diablo 2 sword Hexfire has a lower 3 defensive ability for 33 seconds, simply absurd, iā€™ve changed it via manager, will be interesting if it ainā€™t a mistake.

But itā€™s not the real question here,The thing is iā€™m not going to use grimmest mod and real tired to see the lines appear everytime i re-enter. So i want to remove the mod, will it be enough just to delete two assosiated folders? I want to be sure.If thatā€™s not too stupid to ask.

For that your best bet is to change the script. Extract scripts.arc and edit scripts\grimmest\grimmest.lua Comment out the line

UI.Notify( ā€œtagGrimmestNotifyIntroā€ )

This removes the notification while leaving Grimmest intact.

As to the sword, I agree, I assume the numbers are switched, reduce by 33 for 3 secs makes a lot more sense.

Hi all I was wondering what is the best combination to make a pet only build? what are the best pets in the game? Thanks in advance for reply

anyone around?

Thereā€™s a lot of fun pets.I am running a druid with a shaman.The druid can summon a poison creeper druid can summon 3x bears.There void called,warden,earth etc etc.Itā€™s to many to name.For me the strongest pets are druid bears + earth.

But if you favor number over strength then grim dawn necromancer/D2 necromancer and d3 necromancer and void caller has numbers but weaker over all.

D2 assassinā€™s shadow warrior lost their weapons after put skill points in shadow master, i take it as a original mod problem? Where can i report it to?

Thanks for the great Mod! Wanted to ask which files to edit to revert back to only Token no item drops? (As in Version 1.1.0) I find the dismantling process way too tedious. Or is 1.1.0 still available to download from somewhere? I canā€™t seem to find it on Nexus and Moddb, thx!

1 Like

There have been many changes since, so even if 1.1 were available you would be missing out on a lot, and that will only increase.

There are a ton of files that need changing / adding. Your best bet is to use the standalone token mod from the DoM Nexus page, extract its arz, use WinMerge to see what is not in DoM and what differences there are between DoM and it that need taking over.
Should not be many differences you would need to take over, but there are many files you need to add.

Oh, and delete the master tables for unique items from DoM too

EDIT: this is what you need to do

copy over to DoM
database\records\endlessdungeon
database\records\interactive
database\records\items
database\records\tokens
database\records\mccm\items\misc\craft_token_legendary.dbr

delete from DoM
database\records\items\loottables\mastertables\mt*_c01.dbr
database\records\items\loottables\mastertables\mt*_d01.dbr