Dawn of Masteries

the question is not in balance as a way of adding, should I not know how to do this, should I replace the standard game files to combine these two mods, or should I unpack the DOM and then pack with the REBALANCE file? I will be very glad if you help in this matter

Either one would work, as DoM does not contain the file (if it did, you would need to change the DoM arz).

Will the game work with unpacked resources so that I can replace the file responsible for getting points?

It will work, but it will ignore the file :wink: You will need to build a new arz, gdx2 or dom

Iā€™m new to GD moddingā€¦ and GD. Am I fine to justā€¦ use whatever from wherever in regards to masteries? As in, will I find gear I can use if I, say, want to go full lightning via elementalist and something else?

Yes, you will find what you need, esp. since you can use tokens to get specific uniques if you donā€™t :wink:

1 Like

How can I do it?

Not going to walk you through the whole process in detail, there is enough info out there. In a nutshell

1. set up AssetManager
  2. extract the DoM arz with ArchiveTool
  3. make your changes
  4. use AssetManager to build a new arz

By performing the other two steps I mentionedā€¦ set up AssetManager, select the mod in it and select ā€˜Buildā€™

should I leave the standard paths in the manager and where should I put the unpacked modified files so that the manager can see them?

remember when I wrote

?

This is what I meantā€¦

The mod has to be in whatever you specify as the working dir. Usually you would change the paths so they include vanilla, gdx1 and gdx2, but for your purposes vanilla should be enough as you only need the templates. No harm in including the expansions though

I beg your pardon for my importunity, but with Tools> Extract Game File
produces the following: Failed to open archive file D: \ SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common \ Grim Dawn \ Working \ database \ templates.arc.
and I still absolutely do not understand what is the matter

The file would not be in the working dir, that is a setup issue on your end

Version 1.2.4 released

• D3 updated to 3.9
  • Grim UI updated to X-Storage

If you are using one of the Grim UI themes, update that too

3 Likes

How do I properly install the grim UI? Do I just unzip it into the folder or is there more to it?

GrimUI is part of DoM, the optional part is to pick one of its themes.

The theme into the settings dir, and you have to pick one of the three themes, so you have settings\UI etc.

Thank you for the update mamba.I have like 20 characters so far.I am addicted :smiley: .

Updated the Rainbow File for DoM v1.2.4.

Edit: replaced the color versions of the D3 items I forgot to include (fix).

2 Likes

The problem Iā€™m having is I donā€™t know how to do that. I unzip the file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\settings and then I have these x folders. Do I rename them? Do I copy one of them? Are there screenshots so I can see what Iā€™m getting? Is there an in-game option to change whole UIs?

You have three themes, Forgotten, Grim and Malmouth. Copy the content of one of them to the settings dir, so you have settings\UI etc. (2 dirs per theme)

1 Like