[Dev] Omega Mod

Just a little reminder.
You can hide any quest (Omega quest for example) and still keep it active.
It won’t appear on the right side of your screen but you can still see other active quests.
To hide a quest :
1- Click on the Codex Window button
2- Uncheck the circle of the quest you want to hide
3- That’s all ! your active quest(s) is(are) still working but won’t appear on the “Active Quests window”

See picture :

Hi!

I finally finished my omega quest after searching for Benn’Jahr for 1½ hour! Woohoo!

So now I have one omega orb and I checked the first post in the thread for the list of 1-orb buffs I could get. I tried to buy the “all damage”-buff, but it doesn’t seem to work? All that happens is that all my buffs are turned off but I don’t see any new buff & nor did I find anything new in my inventory :confused:

How does it work?

Hi, congratulations for your first Omega level :wink: !
Howeve I am sorry but each buff has it’s own cost because some are more powerful than other.
Some have only 1 level and other have multiple levels.
With only 1 orb you can only choose :
Endless Speed : +1% Total Speed per level. [1/lvl][Max 30]
Endless Projectile Speed : +10% Projectile Speed and +5 OA per level.[1/lvl][Max 5]

The first [X/lvl] is the cost (requires X omega orb per level) and the second [Max Y] tells you the max Y level of the buff.
When I first created the mod, the goal was that each skill level would cost 1 orb but there was some technicals difficulties.
I don’t think the conversion editor can handle so many lines to choose spells.Also I must make a spell for each level because the engine doesn’t allow to cast a spell at a specific level.In the end I chose to make fewer levels of higher power costing more orbs.So at the beginning you have less choice.

Also don’t worry you can always reset your omega orbs and endless buffs choices if later you want to change.
Yes when you talk to the NPC for buying a spell it automatically dispels all your active buffs because this could be exploited.

Thanks!

Damn, that’s going to be an insane grind! :eek:
As for that potion blueprint I got - it gave my alts the omega orb my main character has right?

Edit: Figured out the blueprint on my own! Now my level 20 fire sorceress has one orb too! :slight_smile:

Yep, well it’s supposed to be an end-game bonus on top of everything else.You can collect hero souls and legendary essences while farming where you want and while doing other quests or mods content.
Also once you start farming Omega boss, you will receive potion of experience allowing other characters to quickly reach endgame content and skip the leveling phase if you want.

I won’t do the christmas buff as it seems unfair for other players but I will add in the next version an alternative way to farm Omega boss.

So there will be 2 ways to fam Omega boss:
1 - The same way as before by killing random Heroes, you have a chance increased by your Omega level (OM level X 0,002%)

2 - When you open a Nemesis chest you will have a fixed chance to spawn the corresponding Omega boss 4% (on average 1/25 opened chests so between 1 and 2 hours) if you have completed at least 1 Omega quest (Omega level 1 or greater).
This will allow you to farm for a specific Omega boss Infrequent (0,5% chance to drop).

• Aetherial chest ->Empowered Valdaran, Omega nemesis -> Drop boot MI with a Teleport skill
  • Chthonian chest ->Empowered Benn’Jahr, Omega Nemesis->Drop belt MI
  • Kymon chest ->Empowered The Iron Maiden, Omega Nemesis->Drop Shield MI
  • Order Death Vigil ->Empowered Zantarin, Omega Nemesis->Katana
  • Outlaw->Empowered Fabius “the Unseen” Gonzar, Omega Nemesis->Sacred Sword with a no cooldown skill that teleport to the enemy like Shadow strike but only 100%Weapon damage.
  • Undead->Empowered Moosilauke, Omega Nemesis-> Caster hat with an improved Aldanar’s Vanity effect.

EDIT : Also Omega boss spawning from Nemesis chest will have a random number of body guards (between 2 and 5 random Heroes or specific ennemy).

Sounds pretty good! I might actually get to see an omega nemesis boss now :stuck_out_tongue:

On another slightly relevant note, after finishing omega quest twice I now have 1200~ spare hero essences! Maybe they could work as a currency for something from a vendor perhaps? Not sure what they would sell… But just an idea :slight_smile:

Also perhaps omega nemesis bosses could have a small chance for dropping an omega orb? (like 25% or something, since getting to 100 omega orbs takes an insane amount of time just doing the quest repeatedly)

Hi,
I won’t make them drop an Omega orb because orbs can be reset according to your Omega Level (which is only increased when completing a quest).Also if I make an alternative way to have them it will devalue the time and effort spent to have them with quest in comparison.
I have increased the maximum stack size or all currencies (Heores soul and Legenday essences) to 10000 and changed the maximum stack size in the game engine but the game still seems to only cap the stack at 1000, I don’t know why.

I didn’t think that players would stack so many souls in comparison to Legendary essences.
The goal was that while farming the different boss from the quest, you would kill 160 heroes and collect 40 legendary essences in a way that when you kill the last boss of Omega quest the other objectives would have been also reached at the same time (if you kill all monsters on the way to the boss).
From your play session I have the feeling it takes more time to collect legendary essences than heroe souls (also if you play with Grimmest you can kill more heroes)
I would like an Omega quest to take at minimum 4 hours and 10 at the very max, depending on the farming speed of your build.
How many Legendary essences do you have ?

Maybe I should decrease the number of legendary to 30 or 35 ?
On average how many hours did you take to :

• Collect 160 Heroes soul ?
  • Collect 40 Legendary essences ?
  • Kill all the boss from Omega Quest ?

Thank for your feedback.

EDIT : also I might increase the drop chance of the boots MI to 1% as it’s more a “utility” item than an OP item.
I plan to add new achievements in the next version.

Hi.

Alright, sounds reasonable.
I’m waiting for DAIL 0044 to be released and once it does I’ll do a full omega-quest run to check how much time it takes for me. (obviously a bit RNG here time-wise since it depends a lot on where Storm Scourge and Jharr will spawn)

Since I play in S-mode hero souls are dropping like flies all around me constantly. I do think that legendary essences could be reduced to 30 or 35 yes. On my second omega-run I had to pick out some least desirable legendaries from my stash to be able to meet the 40-essence quota.

Edit: How about adding a hefty sum of exp for completing the omega quest? I mean it is hard and time-consuming after all :stuck_out_tongue: Grinding to 100 in DAIL is super slow due to the exp-requirement scaling increasing by a ton at 90+! And perhaps replace one of the stack rewards with something else? Random legendary? Either 7 hearts, 7 brains or 7 blood?

Hi, Omega Mod update !

v0.4
Following Grim Dawn update 1.0.0.4 that changed :
“Etram Fald now crafts belts when creating random Legendary Armor only, previously belts were also possible when crafting a random Accessory.”
I reuploaded the random legendary acessory recipe.
All random legendary recipe needs a Legendary essence in order to prevent abuse.
Some Omega boss MI have receive +1 all skills.

Omega Nemesis changes :
There is 2 ways to spawn an Omega Nemesis (or Omega boss) in Ultimate difficulty :
1 - A variable chance when killing a Hero monster : 0,02% x Omega Level (max 2% at Omega level 100).
2 - A fixed chance 4% on opening a Nemesis chest.For this you need to be at least Omega Level 1.
This will allow you to farm for a specific Omega boss Infrequent (0,5% chance to drop).
Aetherial chest ->Empowered Valdaran, Omega nemesis -> Drop boot MI with a Teleport skill
Chthonian chest ->Empowered Benn’Jahr, Omega Nemesis->Drop belt MI
Kymon chest ->Empowered The Iron Maiden, Omega Nemesis->Drop Shield MI
Order Death Vigil ->Empowered Zantarin, Omega Nemesis->Katana
Outlaw->Empowered Fabius “the Unseen” Gonzar, Omega Nemesis->Sacred Sword with a no cooldown skill that teleport to the enemy like Shadow strike but only 100%Weapon damage.
Undead->Empowered Moosilauke, Omega Nemesis-> Caster hat with an improved Aldanar’s Vanity effect.

Drop rate for Omega Monster infrequent is 0,5% except for the boots 0,75%.

Intoduced Omega Bodyguards
When an Omega boss spawns, there will also always be :
1- A curse on the ground 25 for seconds
2- Randomly Between 1 and 4 Heroes monsters
3- Kilrian, Omega Guard - Giver of Immortality.
He has an aura that instantly regenerate the health of all monsters around him in a 18 meters radius.
He cast two golden spinning hammer orbiting around him.
these hammers a 100% chance to stun you for 1 second and if they hit you they will generate 2 more hammers far away and 2 others even more far away.They can stack !
First you need to get out of the curse.
Then you need to kill “Omega Guard - Giver of Immortality” without being hit by his hammers !
Finally you can kill all other monsters

Here is what happens if you are hit by his hammer ! :wink: so be carefull !

@Mood I don’ know about increasing rewards : you are already rewarded when killing heroes and boss monsters with their loot and XP.
Also now that Omega Nemesis can spawn more often with the nemesis chests, you can farm their potion of experience (+5 000 000 XP, 99,8% chance to drop).

Oh yeah… I keep forgetting about those potions. :slight_smile:

well, looks like Im updating to OMEGA 0.4 even before I release DGA 0.4 :smiley:

Great ! :wink: I would be honored.
I really like what you did with your mod, WareBare!

wow on both counts… i look forward to 0.4 omega + DGA :smiley:

keep up the great work guys

Introduction
This is a really nice mod that I’d love play it out seriously, but I feel that the grind requirements are simply too high. I understand that the omega bonuses are meant to be super end-game bonuses to min-max one’s character, but they are simply way too difficult to acquire for what they offer.

My Reasons:
I believe that the existing mod design has a bad design because it doesn’t allow players to feel like they are making progress frequently enough. And, the time requirement to acquire omega points is simply not balanced with the rewards given.

Suggestions:
There are many routes that can be explored to improve this mod such as:

A.) Quests of varying difficulties providing rewards of varying benefits corresponding to the difficulty of the quest. This way, easier quests can be introduced without changing the balance of the mod.
B.) Lowering the difficulty of the existing quests (200 hero souls + 15 legendaries seems reasonable, Kill 3 nemesis bosses, etc.)
C.) Introducing reward tiers, where the 1st reward is easier to acquire than a 3rd tier reward per say. And, of course, the 3rd tier reward provides more than a 1st tier reward.

Conclusion
I hope that you will make the rewards more accessible by toning down the difficulty of the challenges, and adding more variety for the types of quests to complete.

Thank you for your time.

I have to agree with Destro168. So many hours put in, omega level 3 and still nothing! Today I killed around 12 nemesis and nothing popped when I opened chests. I thought the chance was 25%, but seems it was lowered to 4%…

It’s just not worth the immense amount of time you have to invest into this. I probably spent around 12~ hours to get omega level 3 (thanks to Benn’Jharr and Valdaran hiding so well) and that’s only 0.06%.

I do like your idea of it being a grind and “end-game” stuff, but this is just overkill. At this rate I might maybe get to fight a small amount of omega bosses before the year is over - if I play a few hours every day.

Hi,
Thank you for your feadback !

I will lower the Legendary requirements to 30 in the next version.This could be changed even lower later if necessary.
Yep Omega boss only have a 4% chance to spawn from Nemesis Chests.I will increase it to 10% in the next version and see what people think.*
The 160 souls requirements seems good to me…if you play the normal version.I know a lot of people play with DAIL which has an increased number of heroes, so I might increase it to 170.It seems to be in line with Mood stacking too many hero souls.

@Destro168 I appreciate your suggestions.
The first version of Omega mod which was not published add a lot of different quests, each unique, with different items to collect, and in the end all bosses were included.
But the issue is it needed different quests files.
Custom campaign either requires to build a new world , where you can put as many quests files as you want or use the main world but you are limited to the quests files already included in the main campain.
So I modified a useless quest to add the Omega quest to the main world.

It’s possible to change the Omega quest to add multiple tasks, 1 task = 1 quest = 1 Omega level (orb).
But I fear the engine will bug / crash / lag if I make a quest file with 100 task each having a lot of different objectives and rewards.
If I have time I will try to make a test.When I tried to make a conversation with too many lines it crashed, so I don’t know the limitations of the quest engine.
If I do this (and if the engine allow it) you will keep your Omega levels and Omega orbs but your quest progression will be reset (don’t worry you will be put directly into the quest task corresponding to your Omega level).

• Instead of increasing the base chance to spawn, I can make a buff :
    I could add a conversation line to the quest giver giving you a 100% chance to spawn an Omega Nemesis the next time you open a Nemesis chest in exchange for X souls and/or legendary essences.Do you think it would be fair or a bad game design ?
    If yes how many souls and/or Legendary would be the right number (you have to pay each time your want to apply the buff)?
    Instead I could also add boss souls dropping from boss used only for this feature ?

Hey,
I think 10% sounds much more reasonable compared to 4% considering how much effort it takes to find nemesis bosses, killing them and then praying to RNGsus to make a nigh impossible roll of 4/100 to spawn a boss. So that change is great.

The omega boss and exp potion are both awesome, boss gives a challenge while potion helps getting to higher level or giving a low level character a huge exp boost. So I think adding the quest that gives a one-time 100% spawn of omega is pretty fair. Definitely for people who have full stash of items they want to try on many different characters, but going through leveling process every time can be quite tiring, so they really want that exp potion.

Are Nemesis bosses the same kind as for example warden? if not then maybe 100% omega spawn could cost 10 nemesis souls? or maybe it could be paid with warrants? It could cost x-hero souls and x-warrants/nemesis souls. Legendary essence is pretty hard to come by in high quantities and if we were to keep both (0.2-2% chance and 100% spawn after payment) then we need to spread the cost of leveling omega and getting a guaranteed spawn.

HI,
Updated Omega to v0.5
v0.5

• Changed the objectives number to 180 Heroes Souls, 28 Legendary Essence.
  • Introduced boss souls dropping on Ultimate difficulty from boss orb on death.
  • Introduced a buff to have a 100% chance to spawn an Omega Nemesis the next time you open a Nemesis chest for 8 Boss souls.

I just wish Nemesis bosses weren’t such a pain to find, oh well.