Dev Stream

I think you may be taking this a bit out of context. Grava has over 800 hours in Grim Dawn from various playtesting sessions and working on the game. He is not a hardcore ARPG player though and does not study the mechanics as in-depth as many players here.

I myself have well over 1500 (and that’s only counting the hours after Grim Dawn was first put on Steam).

What we do not do is go out of our way to play Grim Dawn in our off hours. If all we played is Grim Dawn, we would never have an opportunity to absorb other games and thus draw inspiration and lessons from them.

Except it was:

I appreciate that you prefer my streams, but we don’t do these streams to exclusively spoil new info. And not everybody watching has necessarily seen previous streams.

Last time I streamed, I barely progressed into Ultimate at level 1, whereas Grava went considerably further.

Grava’s streams are always fun to watch

Holy effin mother flippin at the cunning / spirit change to making them give HP…I’m…I’m…fainting…@*&$#

Its not like i prefer the one or the other but
Zantai is more of in a professional demeanor stream while Grava is progressing and more fun.
Last time poor Zantai answered everything we asked him from lore notes to GD history of crate etc and we didnt let him play at all while Grava went apeshit yesterday and teased us like hell with the items and gameplay xD
And don’t forget Grava since he is just working on the game he doesn’t really know what he must and what must not say/do even if we would ask him
I dont know about you guys but i like both depending my mood too
In other words i like both F****s to watch ;p

(ShotokanEditor on twitch)

Grava streams are always extremely entertaining. I hope he continues to do them.

Now you have pissed Grava! Expect the next Nemesis to be yet again named after him but this time around its deadlier than ever :eek:

Nah, final super Nemesis boss has to be Evil Medierra. He doesn’t have one, but since this was his vision and creation he should have if this is going to be the last expansion for the game. Med’Evil MostGrim. :stuck_out_tongue:

Madierra being a Nemesis is like a downgrade for a human to a human-like (or monkey). Madierra should and must be a super boss, stronger than Ravager or Mogdrogen. :smiley:

Think that covers all of it. :wink:

“Super Nemesis Boss” sounds lame. “Super super boss” is where it’s at. Super Alpha Boss maybe? :smiley:

Whatever you want to call it, it should be the meanest, nastiest, downright god awfullest boss in the whole game. :eek:

Sounds about right. :slight_smile:

Since all the Oathkeeper skills were spoiled is there anyway you guys could pass Oathkeeper data to Grimtools guy ? I realize the numbers will change couple more times before expansion release but it would be fun to play around with build ideas in the meanwhile.

If Dammitt wanted to, he’d already implement that. Taking in account he posted AoM data to Grimtools about a month or more before AoM came out, he probably already has all FG data or most of it.

This. Dammit already has the info for playtesting purposes. We need to plan out builds out too you know. :wink: However, Dammit won’t release the info until Zantai says it’s okay for him to do so. As USER_NAME_01 says it’ll probably be released ahead of FG being available, but exactly when that will be is up to Zantai to decide.

As far as i know he was given the data or maybe permission to post the data. Even if he has access to everything he propably doesnt want to publish it without permission or even against Crate’s wishes. Zantai said on one of his streams that they will give him the data couple days before expansion drops to occupy us i just thought maybe they could pass oathkeeper data sooner.

Wow, you spelled my name right. Usually you either miss something there or just skip the numbers. Good job. :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly, im not asking for Dammit to break the NDA just if Zantai maybe would consider greenglighting releasing Oathbreaker grimtools sooner - as i said i know the numbers aren’t final , just got hyped after last stream :slight_smile:

Odd, I checked when he hovered over it but I did not see the HP shown.
I can fully understand if a developer does not play as much as a hardcore player. After all, for you guys this is work while we do it for fun - I can totally get it that you’d do play something else.
But yeah, in general I do prefer your streams.

Sorry but I do watch a lot of streams - not just for this game - hence why I said this could have been planned better. And this wasn’t the first Grava stream I watched, but one of many.
I just watched a stream for Age of Wonders-Planetfall about a month ago. Now of course, it is a very different hgame, being a turn based strategy, but there the streamer started off introducing a new race by starting the game, explaining character creation and basics, then went on to explain the race’s special skill trees etc and did a few turns of gameplay. Then, he basically loaded a pre-saved game of the same map from many rounds later (which likely he did in the editor) where both he and the enemy were more advanced, so he can show of high level units and larger battles.
Just saying that this could be done better. I might have gotten a bit annoyed, but it is because I love this game, and I came in expecting to find out something new, then only got a repeat of the last stream with a few extras. And as other said - just read back on this topic - he keeps making the same mistakes in all his streams. I understand for many people this is entertaining, but I just watch streams to find out more information, so I guess our reasons differ.