Dev Stream

So it’s in 30 minutes, right ?
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20190104T190000&p1=tz_et&p2=4038

if i’m allowed to make a request i’m very much interested in the remaining Oathkeeper skills

you may have missed a stream, they have all been shown by now

Yes about 20 minutes now.

No, they have not - not in detail.

AFAIK there was only one exclusive skill not shown, which Zantai did show last stream
being able to screenshot that makes it as detailed as it gets

Screenshot isn’t quite the same as seeing it in action. As far as I know there are still 4 active and 1 passive skill still to be shown, though I’m not naming names here.

4 active skills? really??
it seems I missed something…

There is indeed a few skills now shown yet.

I stand corrected

i watching it now because Yesterday i went to watch a crappy movie and i have to say Grava was on fire on this stream, my favourite part is when he picks up a caster weapon “460 …damn” and cheat points into phys.
Whyyyy???

Because it wouldn’t be Grava if he didn’t. :smiley:

And you have to give him credit - he didn’t die in Ultimate starting at L1.

cool we had an all-skills preview of the new mastery ! :slight_smile: and that also was one of the funniest stream ever i guess :smiley:

now waiting for what monday will have in store for us :cool:

can i change favourite part? I’ve just seen when he drops random mobs and dies. All with random cheated gear and no pants nor gloves. That’s my fav now.

edit : with 5k hp

yeah that one was epic :smiley: (not happen only once actually :D:D)

When he says that “well as most developers, I don’t really play the game I am developing”… explains SOOO much.
I am sorry to say but this is not how you do a stream. You have to prepare in advance and have some ideas about what you want to show. Not spend 1 hour showing that you can now go to Ultimate right away when you have shown that already in your last stream. Then show off Oathkeeper skills that, again, you have shown already in previous streams…
He could have just condensed this to:
-Showing runes and how they work (and maybe pick up some medals in advance, I felt bad for him when I saw him pass over all the Elite medals lying around and picking up everything else)
-Show the 3 skills that were not yet shown from the Oathkeeper. People have already seen the others, you explained them in great detail. Or maybe it was Zantai who did that stream, but regardless it has been done already.

Also he kept hovering the cursor over Cunning and saying “this is a big spoiler” and saying now Cunning and Intellect also increases HP…
…Except the text did not indicate that anywhere. (facepalm)

Surely there are other devs on this team who could do more professional streams. Zantai for example… Can we get him instead please? I would much prefer a half hour stream where I LEARN new things than to have to skip through a 2 hour thing and only gain very little new information.

You expect Grava to plan out a dev stream! :smiley:

There’s no harm in going over what was done before since not everyone may have seen the previous stream. It was obvious from some of the responses that people didn’t know how moving to Ultimate would work for example. As for Oathkeeper, only some of the skills had been shown in a previous stream so the rest were new. This is like saying Grava shouldn’t have done streams with Inquisitor and Necromancer in the run up to AoM’s release because they’d already been shown. :rolleyes:

Be thankful that the devs actually take time out of their work day to stream stuff for us. They’re under no obligation to do this.

Yeah that and i was laughing most of the times. That stream was pure gold.

Rude much? Dev streams are meant to show some of the stuff the devs are working on, with perhaps some spoilers here and there, and also to communicate better with their fanbase… these streams are focused into bringing information, and aren’t meant for the devs to show their “mad skillz”.

So what if Zantai or even Grava are showing the same skills they showed on a previous stream? Has it ever occured to you that some people might not have watched those other streams, and that perhaps even now, there might still be people unnaware that GD is getting another expansion?

Not to mention that the devs needs to kepp their attention on the chat, aswering the overwhelming amounts of questions from players in regards of the xpac.

Sounds like you should just stop watching dev streams and go watch other players streaming instead.

I always love each dev stream, no matter what they show. :smiley:

I hear what you’re saying, BB_Shockwave.
Anticipation can be a killer and every new piece of information is very welcome.

Having said that, I think every stream is a treat.
Yes, Grava and Zantai have different approaches, but both are awesome for the way they handle the stream, in my opinion.
And like others have said, they’re not obliged to do dev streams. I’m glad they do, though.
Combined with the Grim Misadventures, Crate does an excellent job of keeping audiences in the loop.

Indeed it does.
I’ve been in software engineering for a long time and I rarely did some programming in my free time.
There are other fun things to do and you want to prevent a burn or bore out.
Besides, if I’m not mistaken, Grava’s expertise is in map creation and lore writing.
Other Crate devs are more concerned with gameplay design and mechanics.

Other than that, I thought this stream had a lot of new spoilers (skills, runes, items).
I’ll be updating Forthcoming Forgotten Gods expac - what we know so far Part II and [Forgotten Gods] What we know about the Oathkeeper skills this weekend, so keep an eye out for that. :wink:

Or you could admit with me that we (and many others) we’re hoping to hear/see a release date.

However, I’m glad it wasn’t pushed even further into the year. Grava is fun to watch - he has energy to keep your eyes glued to the monitor.