Diablo: Immortal

Yea I saw that one the main D3 forums. Rather amusing and still the Blizzard developers are ominously silent about addressing the Diablo Immoral debacle.

There’s also a Kotaku article linked that seems to dig into the D3 history, which paints a worrying picture for the franchise.
Will be interesting to see how it lines up with the upcoming ‘Stay a while and Listen, Book II’ by David Craddock…

always love the humor of these guys :smiley:

Love your video and recognize your enthusiasm! :wink:

I think your video should be in this section, replacing the one in the bottom (really old by now):

Just saying…
:slight_smile:

They ran out of steam. I don’t know if this would change anything. Good effort though.

Lately, Both POE and Grim Dawn are getting overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam! :wink:

Check out the playing numbers on Steamdb.info, GD and PoE had a bit of a spike recently :wink:

I saw yesterday near 7k online.
Thanks, Blizzard.

Nahh, thanks steam sale more than blizzard.

Why not both!?

Lots of aimlessly wandering D3 exiles coming across a bargain too great to ignore.

Welcome exiles :stuck_out_tongue:

I do understand that D4 was announced, and that at least skill runes won’t be making a return.

This is where I hope that Blizzard will take some cues from the successes of Torchlight II and Grim Dawn. Especially GD-style skill trees (which are certainly better wrought than even D2’s. Obsolescence? What obsolescence?). Still, given that skill trees disappeared from Diablo and WoW at roughly the same time, I can’t shake the feeling that Blizzard just lost faith in the very idea of skill trees…

d4 It will be another multiplayer crap when it comes out, you’ll see, Blizzard does not give for more

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

Now I see!
Hmmmm… maybe not. Maybe online somewhere if any of them frequented the XDEV forum or PS4 dev forum or Twitter. I made a lot of my dev friends on Twitter. Usually other programmers from studios. I was terrified my first outing on console when I hit a snag on PS4 and a programmer from R* reached out and was like “chill, you got Skype and some time to kill? I’ll help”. Never surprises me how nice devs at other studios are. That’s one of the reasons I help out other devs, even now <3

Thanks for tossing me that link. I’ll still jog my memory some to see if anything comes out.

Laymen are hysterical. I need me one of them Thicc Boi hoodies!

Whoa just saw this. Someone commented on the video that this was up somewhere :smiley:

What seems to be good is that about 90% of the video’s traffic is coming from YouTube home page as well as search with a 70/30 split, respectively. The YouTube God’s have graced me with the home page push, for now. Plenty of comments have told me I’ve sold a few so I’m satisfied with how I came across.

There will be another when FG releases, followed up by a fall from grace video on Blizzard - because I’m doing one on Bethesda right now :frowning:

That love-hate relationship I’ve had with them over the years is just too thin to care about their stuff anymore, I’m afraid. I’ll always love Morrowind, though.

Topic:
Casually ignoring DI since I generally don’t game on my phone. Will give a look at D4 but my hopes are getting dashed thanks to Activision.

most people called diablo 3 as a failure yet the game sold 30 million copies, thats what blizzard wanted. and they’ll get what they want out of diablo immortal, clever company.

Well, see if you can see it this time. And yes, the video has been added to the other two on the main forum page. :slight_smile:

D3 failed to live up to the franchise, but it´s not a bad game. I´ve sunk at least 4000 hours into it. Technically it is very much a Blizzard game, it “works” very well. It just bores me to death now, it´s nothing but a Rift Simulator.

Tsuelue, that’s probably the thing about D3 that hurts the most. It started out pretty good, with lots of build variety. Then they just kept damaging it, patch after patch after patch. Everything they were adding was trying to look like it was grand, super awesome changes…but it was obvious it was going to make things worse. Huge bonuses on sets trivializing the difficulties to the point they had even more difficulties, just to be trivialized by bloating damage on sets again.

Then they claimed they were going to make legendary gear useful again, with the addition of affixes on more than just a select handful. Sounded great! What did they do though? only added affixes to some, then bloated damage on legendary gear that complimented their precious sets.

The game has a lot of potential. It plays very well and is still fun to play despite all the many, MANY critical flaws. But it’s like they don’t care. With some proper development, they could have turned a decent ARPG into a great ARPG. instead, they half assed patches and made it a somewhat decent action game, as the ARPG has slowly faded away with the emphasis on sets and gear power instead of power in the character build.

Diablo: Immortal is something I’m not even interested in considering trying. I don’t play games on my phone. It’s a tool for my job.

And now Blizz is phasing out Heroes of the Storm

We’re also at a point where we need to take some of our talented developers and bring their skills to other projects. As a result, we’ve made the difficult decision to shift some developers from Heroes of the Storm to other teams

also cancelled all e-sports events for it, which must suck majorly for all teams

after looking at all of our priorities and options in light of the change with the game, the Heroes Global Championship and Heroes of the Dorm will not return in 2019

More at https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/blizzard/22833558/heroes-of-the-storm-news

Oh, boy. I need to check r/HotS asap. It must be a shitstorm.

Sent from my Ultra Shine using Tapatalk

Wait, what?! Oh right, it wasn’t making all the moneys and thus was “unprofitable”. The Activision part of Activision-Blizzard strikes again and this time really screws over people, namely those who were doing e-sports HotS.