Does Necromancer not have good synergies with other classes?

I mean, you never really say ā€œOH BOY I WANNA MAKE A DEMOLITIONIST WITH FIRE STRIKE AND SMASH EVERYTHING AROUND!ā€ and if you do, you always find something else that would work even better.

Still, I understand your point, but even if the classes you pointed out (aside of occultist, maybe) can be easily picked as your primary class which you base on.

I donā€™t? Can be done with lightning as well.

Also melee? Not even fully optimized.

Onle 1h/DW melee has problems atm as far as destroying crucible, Which I already mentioned

Both can destroy with Auto attack. Especially Purifier with guns(even lightning with 2 xDagallon storm spread which is broken again)/ Rifle /2h ARchon.

Vindicator AA can also do well as posted by Korsar and also has good 2h with Evoker. Not a fan of PS vindicator but you can, you can do WD/Storm box mage.

But purifier is imo just Raw power with various builds that revolve around FS or not (ie: Runes, BwC, Worldeater smash etc.)

Simply counting the non-synergistic combos is not the best approach I agree, but itā€™s hard to find an agreed-upon metric for evaluating class viability. No matter which metric is used, someone will disagree, so I stuck with the simplest metric to evaluate for the purpose of argument.

Itā€™s much easier to evaluate how individual skills synergize with different classes, but breaking down a mastery into just a summation of its individual skills also has problems.

Itā€™s a good thing in the long run that people are having questions about how to define ā€œleast synergyā€ and which metric is best used to evaluate this. If everyone had the same answer without needing to even question it, thereā€™d be some balance problems :rolleyes:

As I said before, Purifier is the exception where you go 50/50 with your skills.

Are you trying to tell me that Cadence for example as an AA works very well on all class combos?

cause it doesnā€™t

Same for savagery. Sure you can combine and itā€™s doable enough for campaign or even crucible, but not raw power.

Imo, there are no auto attack replacers that are good for everyone. Cadence might work for everyone since itā€™s physical damage and most weapons that convert damage convert physical, but in my opinion Cadence is a bad skill in general (here many people will disagree with me, but I just donā€™t like the ā€œevery third hitā€ idea). Of course, casters donā€™t benefit from Cadence.

And Iā€™ve never pointed out Cadence in my previous messages, so I donā€™t really understand why you said that.

You are arguing that FS, an AA is only good in one situation, so I gave otehr AA as example.

But you think Cadence is bad too:D

Anyway, pre AoM Demmo was widely considered the strongest class, especially in crucible. And now that WD has rr suddenly shaman isnā€™t shit any more and people pick on Demoā€¦itā€™s just really weird to me

I personally like Shaman because of Heart of the Wild and Wendigo Totem, tbh. Maybe Savagery in some situations. I like tanky builds and this might be why I ā€œlikeā€ Shaman. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, BwC builds, especially Commando used to be the tanky rich kid of GD, pampered, untouchable, killing things while taking a stroll so it should be right up your alley:p

For masterfully derailing this thread credit goes to Sir Spanksalot and yours truly.

I almost regret saying what I said.

almost

I was about to try a demolitionist tanky build at some point, but then Iā€™ve always lacked OA and my only source of healing was health regen or potions, so I said ā€œmaybe next timeā€ and never built any similar build after that. Instead I made a random commando few months ago (or even over half a year ago) and never bothered to make such build in the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

The whole discussion is basically arguing whether Pizza is really good or not, no matter what you put on it:), it is, and has been, since pre AoM, Pizza.

I think we are just spoiled with too much of it cause with a couple of exceptions that need some work, things are balanced in GD at the moment and in some cases overpowered.:wink:

I almost sympasize with you here :rolleyes:

Letā€™s not go off topic more than we can help folks. Otherwise Iā€™ll have to split the thread off.

And thatā€™s tri-beer. Not allowed to drink any other type of beers if youā€™re part of the GD community. :wink:

What even IS a tri-beer

Down the hatch. :smiley:

And split. Itā€™s definitely Friday.

Medierra in action

Too bad I wasnā€™t around back then. I want to playtest that. :rolleyes:

Itā€™s all in theā€¦grip, I think