[Elementalist] Ultimate melee Pyroclasm (b31, hc)

[Elementalist v1.0.0.7]
[With +Skills - Devotion Included]
[2h Verion v1.0.0.7 With +Skills - Devotion Included]

↑↑↑↑↑
clickable
Demolitionist + Shaman
Ultimate Melee Pyroclasm

HC ULTIMATE VIDEOS
Loghorrean
BoC Complete
SoT Complete
Immolation
Loxmere
John Bourbon !SPOILER!

NEW Valbury Clear

-General Information-

-Attributes Distribution

We need 5 Points into Spirit for Jewelry Equipment requirements.
We need 7 Points into Cunning for Weapon Equipment requirements.
We need 75 Points into Physique for Armor Equipment requirements and as much Health as possible.

-Skills and Playstyle

Demolitionist Skill Tree

Fire Strike with Explosive Strikes, Searing Strike and Static Strike is our main damage source with Static Strike offering some kind of crowdcontrol.
Flame Touched with Temper offer us quite a lot of Offensive Ability, %modifiers to Fire/Lightning/Physical damage and +Armor.
Vindictive Flame with Ulzuin’s Wrath both offensive and defensive with %Total Speed, Healthregen and an AOE damage Proc
Blast Shield is our Backbone of Defense, it provides us with a heavy Defence proc when our Health drops below 70%.
Flashbang with Searing Light is a defensive Skill with crowd control and lowers the Defense Ability of monster which lets us deal more damage.
Blackwater Cocktail with Demonfire and High Potency is our Skill to reduce our Opponents Armor and Physical Damage for quite a lot.
Thermite Mine sole purpose is to reduce %Lightning/Fire resist and proc Elemental Storm Devotion

Shaman Skill Tree

Mogdrogen’s Pact with Heart of the Wild and Oak Skin for some extra Energyregen, Resist and a lot of %Health
Wendigo Totem is our only way to heal versus Boss Monster and some Leechresist Monster and Blood Pact gives us some more Leech
Stormcaller’s Pact is a big Source of damage and Crit which makes it an important Skill

Devotion Skills Allocation

Wayward Soul (Chariot of the Dead) - Flame Touched
Giant’s Blood (Behemoth] - Vindictive Flame
Flame Torrent (Fiend) - Fire Strike
Elemental Storm (Rhowan’s Crown) - Thermite Mine

Elementalist Devotion Video

Playstyle and Skill Combinations

Start by using Chaos Strike to jump into a group, then throw down your Wendigo Totem to sustain after you did that it is time to throw Thermite Mine down twice followed by Blackwater Cocktail and Flashbangs and dont forget to throw atleast every 4 seconds one Flashbang

-Itemization-

Aim for Fire and Lightning damage%.
For defensive stats aim for the needed resistances and Health.
Attack Speed is also very important because it increases our chance to proc our skills and boost single target DPS. Try to get atleast 140% to reach an confortable amount.

Gear that i find is Best in Slot for this Build:
Main Hand: Stormheart (Component: Haunted Steel)
Off Hand: Skyreach Bulwark (Components: Riftstone)
Helmet: Ulzuin’s Headguard (Components: Sanctified Bone)
Shoulders: Ulzuin’s Shoulderguard (Component: Silk Swatch)
Chest: Ulzuin’s Chestguard (Components: Chains of Oleron)
Hands: Wyrmbone Handguards (Component: Consecrated Wrappings)
Leggings: Empowered Legplates of Valor (Component: Silk Swatch)
Boots: Golemborn Greaves (Component: Mark of Mogdrogen)
Belt: Ulzuin’s Torment (Component: Antivenom Salve)
Rings: 2x Incorruptible of Attack alternative 2x Empowered Sentine’s Seal (Components: 1x Ectoplasm 1x Frozen Heart)
Amulet: Heart of Ulzuin (Component: Dread Skull)
Medal: Badge of Mastery (Components: Arcane Spark)
Relic: Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm

-Leveling Tips-

There are a lot of ways you can level. i would recommend starting with Shaman and going for Primal Strike and its passives. After that, go for Wendigo Totem and put 9 points into it. Then you should go for Stormcallers Pact and put 6 points into it to finish Shaman off you should now put 10 points into Heart of the Wild your build should look like that Level 39 Shaman
After reaching that Point go for the Demolitionist and go for 9 points into Vindictive Flame. After reaching Vindictive Flame go for Flame Touched with 12 points. Now u make your way up to Static Strike, now is the time to switch to one hand Weapon and Shield. Take out all the points from Primal Strike, Torrent and Storm Surge and put the points into Fire Strike, Explosive Strike, Static Strike and Searing Strike and make your way to Thermite Mine and put 9 points into it. Your Build should look like that Level 63 Elementalist. After you are that far you go for maxing Blast Shield, Flashbang and Blackwater Cocktail comes last.

For Devotions i would rush for Viper, then go for Fiend, after that go for Empty Throne, Hawk and Sailors Guide. If you dont have a Badge of Mastery you have to sacrifice Empty Throne and 1 point out of Revenant for Wolverine to reduce %cunning requirements to wield your Weapons. After that i would go for Behemoth and Chariot of the Death. When you finished that, go for Lion and Targo’s Health points. Lastly Take Jackal and Revenant.

As JaJaJa said below you can go for Kymons and use the WarCry like augment.

Other Builds i can approve of because i played them myself
[Retaliators][Conjurer] Ultimate Vitality Caster
[Warlock] Ultimate Aether Disintegrator

If you want to ask questions feel free to post them below or visit me on Twitch.tv

Can’t wait to try this one out. Thanks for the detailed guide and gameplay Crilow.

Thanks for the detailed guide-sounds fun -Devotion Video is a bit fast though

-very nice music

-this b31 or 1.0.0.2? Cuz game is very diff now from b31

-wouldnt say faction is optional, anyone that uses a 100% or higher weapon dmg spam can get a free warcry from the kymons ring/neck enchant that reduces enemy dmg

-solid build overall

Skill tree + attribute without gear plz

the first two links are the grimcalc Skill Trees where the attributes are distributed and in the Attribute section are they listed too for the Skill Tree just click on Elementalist at the Top of the Tree

I love it!!
I was searching a build with Skybreach Bulwark and when i saw your vids, i created a new character. I love both of Demo and Shamy masteries but didn’t tought find a build like this one. Gratz!

Hey buddy I just wanted to say thanks for an excellent build ! My gear is absolutely terrible and I am still managing very well ! Very smart build :slight_smile:

Nice build! I love anything involving demo tree. Are the grimcalc links showing correctly? When I click on the one with +skills it shows you as having fewer points in Thermite Mine and no points in Blood Pact.

Also, do you think it would be worth squeezing a few points out of other skills to reach Agonizing Flame for the debuff? I find BWC to be awesome for a leveling skill, but it is much easier going with that -resistance.

Thanks!

The links work perfectly fine i only have 2 points in Bloodpact because i only have +1 skill in Shaman and if you want you can remove that point. I removed points out of Thermite Mine because that skill is solely for Debuffing and i think that 40% Resist reduction is fairly enough so i take that points and put them into Demonfire for more Armor reduction and in Blackwater Cocktail for more aoe range. Since Agonizing Flame would take 20 points to be worth it i decided to go with Elemental Storm Devoition because it reduces flat Resist and has fairly large aoe range especially when you link it with Thermite Mine which can proc Elemental Storm 5 times at once.

And after you reach all the +skills i got you have to switch some points around to make it look like the Grimcalc with +skills

Thanks for an awesome build. I’m using it right now.

Could you please list your augment? Specially weapon/ OH?

Rings: 2x Breath of Life
Amulet: Mogdrogen’s Sanctity
Weapon + Offhand: 2x Outcast’s Bastion
1x Venomguard Powder
5x Outcast’s Warding Powder
1x Mankind’s Vigil

Awesome build!
Couple of questions: why do you use revenant constellation and haunted steel? For attack convert to health? Is it useful on ultimate difficulty?
Sorry for my English)

I use both of them for the damage converted to health it is quite useful against trash and hero’s

Got a melee elementalist myself, incredibly fun to play. I have a few objections to your setup:

1. No reason not to use Kymon’s will. None. It’s a free War cry.

2. You should really go up to Brimstone. Back up your character and try it. With Shadowflame mantle and Blood sigil medal, you can get 21/12 Brimstone, which will do much more damage than Fire and Explosive strike together (neither of these is very good for one-handed weapons, Fire strike is decent with 2-haded rifles). With a +1 Static strike relic, you can still have 22/12 Static strike.

3. Your devotion setup is all over the place. You can easily get full Spear of the heavens, full Behemoth and 4 points in Dying god, which would solve all of your issues (namely, offensive ability and sustainability) and still leave you 4-5 points to assign as you see fit. Chariot is just awful. I tried lifesteal trough Revenant and it’s bad because your base damage is so low. Using the Justice signets ring set, Lizard and Behemoth builds on your naturally high regeneration, and with Wendigo totem for bosses and debuff from Flashbang, you should be indestructible.

Just for reference, I’m using Dire wolf crest and double Stormhearts, though I’m definitely interested in trying a sword+board setup. How do shield damage bonuses work, do you get anything (including flat damage) except shield base damage added to your main attack?

Cash, could you post your proposition for the devotion points in a grimcalc link ?

First of all i already tested everything you listed with a couple of friend and it wasnt worth it, it only slightly increased the dps may it be going for Brimstone or going for Dual Wield with Dire Wolf Medal but sacrifices alot of Survivability. For Devotions i dont think that there is a better combination than mine, going for full Behemoth + Spear of Heaven and 4 points in Dying God is utter shit and i would never take it. Full Behemoth isnt worth if you dont go heavy invest into Healthregeneration, Spear of Heaven is such a small aoe that it isnt even worth looking at and going for Dying God would mean u have to sacrifice way to much. And if you think your version of the Build does more damage than mine you are allowed to believe that but im satisfied with my damage and i would never sacrifice more damage for survivability in Hardcore. My highest crit with one Stormheart and a Shield is 79k by the way and im mentioning it not to be arrogant but to give you an idear of how much damage my build does. Another thin if you would go for Brimstone and stuff you would literaly have to skip the armor reduction from Blackwater Cocktail and some other stuff in order to get Brimstone.

And at the end of my Build post i already mentioned that you can go for the Warcry augment from Kymons Chosen next time please read the whole thing before pointing that out

Since your damage comes from autoattacks and 22/12 Brimstone gives 185 fire damage (which you increase by over 10x and reduce resistance to), saying it’s a “slight” increase in DPS is nonsense. I’m not even counting Chaos damage here, which is not insignificant.

Don’t judge the performance of Brimstone in BoC, it’s an area with huge fire and chaos resistances. Hit a nemesis or two.

or going for Dual Wield with Dire Wolf Medal but sacrifices alot of Survivability.

It’s not about survivability, since you don’t invest anything into shield stats. The difference is max Static strike + faster attacks vs max Brimstone + higher base damage.

For Devotions i dont think that there is a better combination than mine,

I may not know what the best devotion setup is, but I know that any combination involving Chariot is not it.

going for full Behemoth + Spear of Heaven and 4 points in Dying God is utter shit and i would never take it. Full Behemoth isnt worth if you dont go heavy invest into Healthregeneration,

You do, it’s the most effective way to boost survivability with an Elementalist. Lifesteal is awful since you do such low weapon damage. Wendigo totem is awesome, but it slows you down if you have to use it on every mob.

Spear of Heaven is such a small aoe that it isnt even worth looking at and going for

You take SotH for the massive OA and lightning damage boost, the skill is just there because it’s free. You can always drop the skill, I find it’s a non-negligible boost for killing big bosses and nemesis.

Dying God would mean u have to sacrifice way to much.

No if you already go SotH, Dying god is the best OA-boosting constellation for this char, and OA is extremely important for you since you have more than +100% crit damage.

And if you think your version of the Build does more damage than mine you are allowed to believe that but im satisfied with my damage and i would never sacrifice more damage for survivability in Hardcore.

It’s not about survivability, survivability comes from Flashbang + Wendigo + Blast shield + massive health + massive regeneration. Elementalist does not die, ever.

My highest crit with one Stormheart and a Shield is 79k by the way and im mentioning it not to be arrogant but to give you an idear of how much damage my build does.

No idea what this number is supposed to indicate. There are bleeding builds that crit for 150k, but they are slow as fuck.

I’m perfectly aware that melee Fire strike does a lot of damage and that Shamans with Stormcaller’s do big crits. Your point?

Another thin if you would go for Brimstone and stuff you would literaly have to skip the armor reduction from Blackwater Cocktail and some other stuff in order to get Brimstone.

I use Mark of Dreeg for additional res reduction, not because I can’t get BWC, but because casting it slows me down so much that it’s not worth the extra 10 resistance reduction. Amor reduction is completely useless since you do next to no physical damage.

And at the end of my Build post i already mentioned that you can go for the Warcry augment from Kymons Chosen next time please read the whole thing before pointing that out

I know, and i said there is never any reason not to use it. You put Kymon’s augment as an alternative, when in fact it is so god it should not only be the main choice, but that it should have no alternative.

Not to mention you harp on about how much you need survivability in HC, but then not use the single best survivability boost in the game.

http://grimcalc.com/build/qMTxwU

It’s a standard setup for any lightning-based Shaman, the last few points depend on your preferences.

Two of you have mentioned the warcry augment in Kymon’s Chosen … I am either misinterpreting or blind as I can’t seem to see that anywhere in the Kymon repertoire?

What is it actually called / what level of reputation unlocked and is it something still available or something grandfathered in or … ?

Thank you

It’s called Kymon’s Will, available from level 50 at Revered status.

I have to agree with all the things GeneralCash just said. For Fire strike line , if you don’t max Brim stone, you are simply doing it wrong. The +flat damage from it is ridiculous, especially at the ultimate level.
With Flashbang + Wendigo Totem + Blast shield(this is broken tbh) +mass regen , even if I go on full offensive with DW, I still fail to see the lack of survivability.