Endgame balancing problem

Well, then I guess that’s between them and Crate as Zantai has always summed it up as being “effectively unlimited”. Maybe there is a 200 cap because they figured noone would likely ever reach it?

health bonus fyi. :neutral_face:

But it matters nothing. We can barely make it to lvl 100. :joy:

1 Like

Can you share some of the better builds from your community in private? Does your community watches builds from these forums? Do they build for Crucible too or just SR?

This is because bat/ghoul isn’t necessary in SR where the goal is to whittle the nemesis/superbosses one by one. Survival is of utmost importance in the crucible, and obviously not in the SR.

“Deader than a doorknob is a good one”

Off topic, whatever happened to your signature? I loved Jiaco’s comment on your signature :smiley:
On topic, great that you are putting so much effort into extracting the Chinese builds. Thanks

On that note, @ABCbarbecue have you considered making another one of those build collection threads where you demonstrate some builds to us.
In the past such builds helped a lot in discussions about balance.

@Sobertooth
Nice to see you are still around. I agree with your statement on as long as the end game is accesible to most build concepts then it should be fine.

But shouldn’t optimum performance also be a thing? We have seen crucible times go from 20-30 minutes in vanilla (correct me if I am wrong here) to 10 minutes average in AoM to sub 7 minutes in FG.

Clearly there’s been a shift in what’s considered to be “normal” by the community. So now I wonder what’s considered to be normal by the community now.

2 Likes

Even I could finish Crucible 170 with that Meta (5.000 DA ftw!). :joy:

@ABCbarbecue
Posting a build might result in a nerf. But on the Trickster with Shield e. g…it reminds me that I tried something similar and saw that there is no good Prefix/Suffix for Bleeding Damage. That is something to suggest for fixing.

I know but Ghoul e. g. helps a lot to survive if you got more than one Boss and rely on ADctH.

Well, we don’t have forum sigs anymore :frowning:

however, here is the post where jiaco dropped the famous line…

Console version or content?

:slight_smile:

I am always pro for reciprocal sharing and communitcating. That was why we first came here to share our builds at 1.0.40 time ? Because that’s the time when this forum was quite inactive. You needed new air here. We were hoping to help with it, even though it may be unnoticed.

Same goes with this time. I may not fully sharing which would require a full vote of our players, but I am sharing. :slight_smile:

Well I guess the worse than getting a nerf is to write all necessary things about it.
all we need is a link to tell the story for those who can well-play.

Spock is here, so I feel like should jump in!

Definitely is great to see different thought process of build crafting. But going in SR Behemoth or other means of healing can help you survive. My first char ever in SR was Shieldbreaker. I used back then Behemoth, Dryad and Chariot. So in SR, makes sense to go there. Although Bat+Ghoul is still premier defensive combo.

Oh I remember the quote very well. I was just curious why you dropped the sig. Makes sense now, I didn’t even notice that this forum lacks signatures. Heck I forgot that even I used to have one.

Ah, okay. Language Barrier.

Well, don´t write a guide. Make up a thread like “Builds from the Chinese Community”, drop in the links and a short explanation…and perhaps someone will give it a try (write SR 80 and surely someone will try it).

Yeah I kinda wish Zantai would just enable signatures (which he can do by the way).

Hello, ABC. Glad you are here even for just a moment, haha.

I know right. I feel like I am seeing him after ages.

@ Rhylthar
it is not just the language barrier though. It just when you can play, you can. So explaining about it wouldn’t be necessary. a GT link is all. :slight_smile:

@ mad_lee
Yes, I am always sharing some of your great builds to my community. We mostly build around 75-85. 7576 is a must, and not just with 1 lucky pass, it has to be really viable. How much higher one can get from there depends on each build and player.
And why we make 7576 a target is its loot rate is higher than that of 6566. It is right amount of challege but not too challenging. And we barely play crucible anymore.It was fun before SR, but no as challengable and lootable as SR at all.
Edit 1: there are guys who tries out on higher levels over 90. But it is tiring and mostly meaningless, most of us wont do it.

@ Chthon
I’ll have to discuss with our core BDers about this matter before I can answer. There’s hope.
I am always lurking at this forum. and facilated local translation at the release of F.G.

1 Like

Well then… you guys need to be sharing more (Zantai nerfs be damned) and convincing others to switch to SR. That way everyone can stop crying about him balancing against the Crucible and start blaming him for SR balancing. That should mix things up for a bit at least.

As you note here:

You don’t seem to really mind much Zantai’s balancing approach anyway. Maybe you just need to convince the rest of the Chinese community it might be for the better in the long run?

If Zantai ever read this post, I would suggest rather than focusing on those that are in line for a nerf. Bringing more buffs for those in the cornor sobbing.@ powbam
Edit 1: they really have done a great job at balencing. There’s always some way to bring a certain class or bd built around a certain set or a certain skill to SR lvl 80.
What’s tricky is, it takes a great mind that can catch the epiphany. For a lot of stuff It works until it’s proven.

I always experienced that it helps if the links to such builds gets posted. It helps the devs identify where the build is lacking and buff it accordingly.