[English font] GD clear fonts + london gothic fonts OR normal clean fonts versions

@agraf lol i dont understand your French taste, lol

1 Like

Small update on ver 6: I forgot to move THE GRIMM font into cinematic.fnt, it looks better and more fitting rather than a serif font.
Please redownload from re-updated mega link if you have previously downloaded.

I downloaded Version 3 and I have to say this is such a great improvement to the game that they really should add these options to the base game. I didn’t realize how much I squinted at the screen until I got this and didn’t have to any more. Great work and a hearty THANK YOU!! :):smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Orpington2019
Yeah Version 3 is Kotori Rose font (slightly bigger dialog and GUI parts fonts) for people with eyesight issues.

1 Like

Can you help me to figure out how default fonts of grim dawn are named?

@RULez please check [How To] Make Custom Font

Version 7 (normal fonts) is up with FELINA GOTHIC + pretty combat font Road Rage.
(reupdated Aug 5 2019 12:39 am PST)
Using new font FELINA GOTHIC (FG font).
Changes:

1. Credits.fnt -> FG font
  2. Criticalhit.fnt -> RR font
  3. Combattext.fnt -> RR font
  4. Titlescreen.fnt -> FG font
  5. cinematic.fnt -> FG font
  6. jura.fnt -> FG font (GUI parts: Items on ground, Gear item name, Dialog slightly bigger etc)
  7. nevisshadow-lg_spaced.fnt -> FG font for Monster hud
  8. nevis.fnt -> FG font (Start Menu buttons slightly bigger)
  9. nevisnooutlinespaced.fnt-> FG font (Mastery window tabs etc)
  10. nevisshadow.fnt-> FG font (Game screen upper left difficulty level, upper right place name)
  11. linlibertine_r.fnt -> FG font (Active Quest Column headers, loot filters header tab, achievement title headers)
  12. linlibertine_r_nooutline -> FG font (Player Name; class name; stats headers)
  13. linbiolinum_shadow-lg_spaced -> FG font (not sure what this is for patch 1.1.4.0).

Everything else copied from Version 6.
https://mega.nz/#!r1kDkQ6R!bTDttkepPZgHjexgcE_sq4SA3ODszt2i9u-IecSPTew

Small update: (sorry forgotten)
VERSION 6:
Included:

1. linlibertine_r.fnt -> GRIMM font (Active Quest Column headers, achievement title headers)
  2. linlibertine_r_nooutline -> GRIMM font (Player Name; class name; stats headers)

Everything else stays from version 5.
Edit : Reupdated link on Aug 5 2019 1:14 am PST and top page.
https://mega.nz/#!Px830aLS!VkUe8_cD4XNcxtKQCizJezJkQe7WxX-eowTXGcxnWAc

Version 8 (normal fonts) is up with FELINA GOTHIC + BLOODY BACON combat font.
Using new font BLOODY BACON (BB font). Had so much fun doing this bloody bacon font.
Changes:

1. Criticalhit.fnt -> BB font
  2. Combattext.fnt -> BB font
    Everything else copied from Version 7.
    https://mega.nz/#!6oNk2QTI!ehktrldDfgtLEUCQY-TmQuZnxVwKg4dNT6ZDKj5AUwE

can you make a version with the hud of version 6 with bloody bacon? thx

@BigZ here u go : https://mega.nz/#!vklijQaY!YbjbwlTA9cOIya3IUmZo_SGjVl7eU3EGkdF3Mh8h6R4
Version 6 with combattext bloody bacon (removed road rage combattext)
I’ve updated top page as well with alternate link.

Great mod, thank you. I have to ask though, I noticed in your screenshots your game looks way more vibrant than mine, are you using some kind of reshade or graphical mod?

@Zedaso thanks for the compliment, I struggled through initially how to mix & match font types but I am comfortable with it nowadays.
Yes, I am using reshade with my own reshade settings.

1 Like

thank you for your work, but I 'm curious, why is it all the font looks very low res and kinda blurry except the normal version 1 fonts ?

@BigZ could u show me a screen shot of yours ? What is your game resolution? I tested all resolutions & they are fine for me!

I’m sure it’s not a glitch on your end of mine, I was just wondering if it’s a engine limitation or something. look at the picture that says “Warden’s Cellar” see how edges of the letter are fuzzy, compared to Version one it’s crisp clear. it’s a minor thing, mainly just effects the Enemy hero killed line, devotion level up and Location names.

@bigz mine is perfectly fine, cannot help u without your screenshot!!

I must be a idiot, because I can’t seem to install the fonts. I tried to install normal fonts version 2. I downloaded your file, copied it (copy and replace) into GD resources folder, and when I started the game, there was no text at all visible in the main menu. I saw my characters, but I couldn’t read their names, I couldn’t read ‘‘Options’’, ‘‘Exit game’’ … nothing at all. What could be the problem?

hm. i tried the one you downloaded…

Looks ok here anyway. and just in case here it is in the folder…

I renamed the original Fonts.arc extension and then extracted the mod version into the folder.

btw, do you still plan on fixing the “~” in version 5 ? I had a play around and decided road rage is my favorite combat text.