[English font] GD clear fonts + london gothic fonts OR normal clean fonts versions

thank you for your work, but I 'm curious, why is it all the font looks very low res and kinda blurry except the normal version 1 fonts ?

@BigZ could u show me a screen shot of yours ? What is your game resolution? I tested all resolutions & they are fine for me!

I’m sure it’s not a glitch on your end of mine, I was just wondering if it’s a engine limitation or something. look at the picture that says “Warden’s Cellar” see how edges of the letter are fuzzy, compared to Version one it’s crisp clear. it’s a minor thing, mainly just effects the Enemy hero killed line, devotion level up and Location names.

@bigz mine is perfectly fine, cannot help u without your screenshot!!

I must be a idiot, because I can’t seem to install the fonts. I tried to install normal fonts version 2. I downloaded your file, copied it (copy and replace) into GD resources folder, and when I started the game, there was no text at all visible in the main menu. I saw my characters, but I couldn’t read their names, I couldn’t read ‘‘Options’’, ‘‘Exit game’’ … nothing at all. What could be the problem?

hm. i tried the one you downloaded…

Looks ok here anyway. and just in case here it is in the folder…

I renamed the original Fonts.arc extension and then extracted the mod version into the folder.

btw, do you still plan on fixing the “~” in version 5 ? I had a play around and decided road rage is my favorite combat text.

@BigZ unfortunately road rage font has issues rendering the tilda sign. Weird thing is the otf font already has the tilda inside it.
Some players do not mind the square sign on monster hud.
I tried font creator to edit it but without success :woozy_face:
Did you try Grimm font version 6 onwards? They have the tilda sign on monster hud.
Do you want an alternate version 6? I am testing other Halloween fonts as well… I could now generate a ttf font to an otf font…

actually version 7 is my favorite so far, the only thing I don’t like the font used in item names, they look good with monster names, but the makes the items a little hard to read quickly. perhaps change that one?

@krell_154 do you use any localization? Only english is supported.

@BigZ sure let me review ver7 briosopro .fnt for item names tonite PST time.
Ver 7 is felina gothic theme, I will come up with an alternate ver 7.
Thanks for your positive feedback!!

I am also looking into the new COLORED FONTS for the combat texts , I prefer more bloody texts. Imagine critical hits with red colour.
Colored fonts are just an otf font type with extra vector graphics attributes that stored the Color info.

Hey, @powbam and @stargater, I tried it again, and it’s working now. Thanks for the help!

@krell_154 phew… glad you resolved it. Hope you like the custom fonts that would enhance your game a little more.
@powbam thanks for helping with your screenshot.

Version 9 (normal fonts) is up with FELINA GOTHIC + Bloody bacon combat + DinRoundedBold
Using new font DINROUNDEDBOLD (DRB font).
Updated top post.
Changes:

1. jura.fnt -> DRB font (GUI parts: Items on ground, cleaner dialog , Skill name, Skill attributes mouse over etc)
  2. Briosopro.fnt - > DRB font (A lot GUI parts effected, Item name, Interfaces)
    Everything else a copy of version 8.
    https://mega.nz/#!3kVgUATB!ceIKAgZDh-ndXJstbRx7YycpNLy7H7pniDD2zAZhv8M

Alternate 9.1 : with RoadRage combattext and criticalhit
https://mega.nz/#!KgUVxKyS!S7uQ3lGrOgY2tg3yfrq1nPATMQOFaw9iPU8SKGnw008

clean%20font%20-%20normal%20version%209%20%20(DinRoundedBold%20Item%20name%20pic4)
clean%20font%20-%20normal%20version%209%20%20(DinRoundedBold%20Item%20name%20pic5)
clean%20font%20-%20normal%20version%209%20%20(DinRoundedBold%20mouseover)

version with road rage and it will be perfect ! Gothic font is fits really well with location names and monster hud. item font is okay, maybe something a little bit more stylish but also readability, times new roman maybe ?

sure, i’ll do a Road Rage Combattext for version 9 alternate. Tried Times Roman and it’s really fuzzy because this game supports only bitmap fonts, not the actual vectored fonts we are reading.
Also, you can’t change to Times Roman without affecting other GUI parts as jura.fnt font is tied to so many GUI parts , they will change to Times Roman as well , hence, the entire game will be fuzzed out.
I have to reach a balance of it with a good font type. That’s why i had to select DINROUNDEDBOLD as it fits other GUI parts.
In summary, playing with fonts are tricky and tedious.

@BigZ Alternate 9.1 is up with road rage combattext and criticalhit
https://mega.nz/#!KgUVxKyS!S7uQ3lGrOgY2tg3yfrq1nPATMQOFaw9iPU8SKGnw008

Looks great, here’s a screenshot,

@BigZ glad u found a combo of fonts that u like. I still did not like the default crate’s font on monster hud even though it’s condensed. I would think felina gothic typeface is better but it’s individual tastes.