Farthest Frontier v0.7.5 + Hotfixes

Thanks for the patch again, I hope all the issues are solved for this patch now :slight_smile:

I wanted to make a topic to suggest to lower the amount of meat generated by the hunting cabin instead so this is kind of unexpected to me. Or at least, a change of ratio of pelts and tallow to meat.

I found that getting enough tallow and pelts is a bigger problem than getting enough meat, so I was building more hunting cabins, not for the meat, but for the pelts and tallow. This caused me to have an unreasonably high amount of meat.

Sidenote: having too much meat in turn seems to cause scurvy sometimes, even when there’s quite a lot of berries, fruit, and veggies around as well. Some of my people seemed to eat a lot of meat just because there was so much of it. Or maybe the scurvy is just a game of chance and sometimes there’s this one person who just never eats vegetables. Is actually fairly realistic.

Agree. Meat is no problem with hunting and cow farms. My settlement always lacks tallow, resulting in lowered satifaction and big expenses for trading soap. Fish has become rare too, but that’s an foreseeable mid to late game coincidence since you can’t scale fish industry as you can with other resources.

Thanks for the fast patches. Gonna jump back in right now since most critical bugs should be gone.

Thanks, keep the good job. As I stated on other post, what about a “Report Bug” button? I’m so addicted to this game that I want to see all possible improvements that are to come, so willing to help as much as I can.

Excellent. Thanks for the hard work. Loving the game. That whole repair thing was killing me! lol

Thanks a lot!

thanks a lot for the rapids patches on this wonderfull game !

1 Like

Oh damn already a D patch! Nice!

You guys are amazing!

Zantai, I freakin’ love you and the other devs for staying on top of all of the issues people are having. This is by far the best amount of support I’ve seen out of a developer on a new title while testing is going on. Please do not stop!

7 Likes

I suggest [hunting cabin] have the same function such as [work camp], like
wood : stone= 1:1
meat : pelts/tallow = 1:1

test01

Maybe problem solved and more economical benefit?

@Nater With this toolbar we can choose hunters gathering more meat or pelts for city requirement.

Wood and Stone come from two different sources.

Meat/pelts/tallow, all come from the same source.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Differentiate between deer, wolf and bear meat

@Nwalker

Each dear comes with a set number of meat/pelts/tallow. You can say I want more ears and less legs from each dear. Each deer has 2 ears and 4 legs. Its the same with the meat/pelts/tallow, you can’t say I want more pelts and less meat, they both come from the same deer. If you found a skinny deer it might have less meat, but its pelt would be smaller too… the Meat/Pelts/Tallow all come from the same set source.

Wood comes from trees
Stone comes from Rocks
Meet/Pelts/Tallow come from dear (or what ever animal you are currently targeting) The ratio is set by the animal you choose.

Develop with peace of mind V0.7.6

Hi Friends!

I’m have some issues with my saved games. After update version it"s not bootable:(
Anybody have ideas or solutions?

Perhaps it’s to do with late game aesthetics? I got lucky and had lots of deer spawns eight hunting cabins in a row looked odd. Also the traps seem to take a long time so upgrading the hunters didn’t feel worth worth as your weilds went down

@Nater
My point is just one animal can seperate different part resource, but equal to its total weight.

For example, deer dismember to meat you can choose more fat or less, which become part
of tallow. Meat with skin so that pelts will less reward.

In this case then one deer may have 5 meats/ 3 Pelts/ 4 Tallow default, if I want more meat
that will be 7 meats/ 1 Pelts/ 2 Tallow,more tallow will be 2 meats/ 2 Pelts/ 6 Tallow.

Just an idea~

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Problems with the game

Please don’t report bugs in this thead. Use the Bug Reporting section to make those, thanks.

1 Like

Just want to say thanks, the v0.7.5d hotfix has fixed the building integrity problem on loading old saves, now I can continue to play them again.

When I walk out to the woods to go hunting this fall, and get a deer… I can’t decide how much meat and how much pelt it is going to give me… it is what it is.

With wood and rock, you don’t get to decide how much wood a tree gives you and how much stone a rock gives you they give you a set amount. If you want to cut down 5 trees fro every one rock you mine, you can do that, but you can’t change the amount of wood a tree gives you or the amount of stone a rock gives you.

So you could have a ratio of Deer:Boar but it is physically impossible to choose the ratio of meat/pelts/tallow/blood/ears/legs/teeth/hoves/tails/eyes/etc and animal gives you.