Farthest Frontier v0.7.5 + Hotfixes

At the upper right near ther X and Salvage, you have Relocate Building Location. Then relocate to same spot. Until they fix i think it is a good workaround.

1 Like

This is the most fun game I have ever played! I play it on an old MacBook, and it works very well with Nvidia GeForce NOW. I made an account just to play this game.

It would be great if you added keys for rotating the camera ( q and e). That’s the only thing I’m really missing. I have played for over 30 hours without rotating the camera once.

There are some major problems with the new update. Around year 30 / 300 population a lot of strange stuff started happening. Building needing repair with insane costs, and the workers don’t seem to prioritize this, so many get condemned. I found a workaround by just moving the building slightly. But even that takes up a lot of the worker’s time.

This is especially buggy after loading the game. Sometimes half my citys buildings are screaming for repairs just after loading, and there is no way I can save them (even with the workaround)

On my last reload the barns were suddenly at 17/10 cows, and there was no way to slaughter them. All I could do was transport them from barn to barn since their health starts at max after being moved. Finally, I just gave up on the whole city. I’m waiting for the next update :slight_smile:

你好,那不是我,我没有开直播。

From the replies above, seems like the game has more issues now than 7.4. I think I’m going to keep playing on 7.4 and just not build barns, since that was the only major thing broke at that point.

Maybe it would be easier for the devs to revert back to 7.4 and start fresh.

2 Likes

Seems so, just now from full to this:

And they don’t repair, stays like that until it is no more and have to rebuild.

1 Like

Meanwhile noticed something, the ones that are green and at 199% were not in need of repair:

Is it possible that in the game code there’s some rong attributes or code in the rong place that makes citizens repair the rong buildings?

2 Likes

No. Baskets are for other workers (gatherers, fishers etc). The hand cart is only for workers to help increase building speed. Baskets are not obsolete.

I dont know if this is since 0.7.5 or earlier but i lost my sawpit to raiders, then had no acces to some of the buildings that require the sawpit. Rebuild the sawpit, but now at the trading post it wont let me assign traders anymore and i wont be able to trade either. Didn’t try rebuilding a tradingpost yet but that does not seem how it is supposed to function :slight_smile:

EDIT:
I did relocate the trading outpost and it fixed it, still though doesn’t seem like that should be a thing right?

Move it in place to fix it

1 Like

My guess is when the devs made changes, the changes to the code impacted more than they thought it would and now the game is really messed up. My guess is the next patch won’t come for awhile as they are going to need significant time to track down all the issues and really examine the code.

3 Likes

Did anyone got trouble with the manual buildings upgrade ?
I couldn’t upgrade Shelters manualy even though I had everything checked up.
Toggling the automatic upgrade solved it and did it for me

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Manual upgrade doesn’t exist for housing. All you can do is have the auto upgrade on or off.

Hi ! Thanks for the welcoming and sorry for my rudeness, didn’t get the basic hello right

Ok so that explain why I didn’t find any bug report on it, just wasn’t a bug, just silly me
I’m playing the game in french, so perhaps is there more game text on screen in the original langage ?

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

I feel like I’m spending more time and resources repairing and rebuilding damaged buildings than actually playing the game, expanding my city and production chains… Every one of my buildings needs to be repaired about every 5 years now. This a bug, or by design? If by design, please don’t. Too hard to save up 1000 wood and stone for repairs while doing other things. Feels like a maintenance/handyman simulator. And with the lack of control over what your laborers and builders actually do, I feel like they are off doing other things while buildings turn to rubble…

Structural integrity should at worst be a rebuild required every 40-50 years, not 4-5 years. Though I’m guessing this is just a bug. Done playing till 7.5d, too frustrating…

1 Like

Spotfix v0.7.5d is now live, you may need to restart Steam for it to download:

v0.7.5d

[Tech]

• Fixed an issue where loading an old save would cause it to implode in spectacular glory when every building around suddenly needs massive repairs.
  • Fixed an issue where building repair costs would be much higher than intended.
  • Fixed an issue where building repair state could go over 100%.
  • Fixed an issue where a condemned building could not be worked in even after it was repaired.
  • Fixed an issue where resetting to default controls would cause the menu to appear blank.

[Game]

• Increased max number of workers in Tier 2 Barns.
  • Increased meat and hides generated by small carcasses.
  • Increased meat on Boar Carcasses.
  • Increased meat on Deer carcasses.
  • Increased Work Camp work area radius to 65m, from 60m, and increased their storage capacity.
  • Increased Mine work area radius to 30m, from 25m.
21 Likes

It’s good to see my buildings no longer needing massive expensive repairs.
All the game changes is just a bonus, keep up the good work :smiley:

U guys are gold.

1 Like

Cheers. May be a buggy patch, but nobody can say you guys don’t work hard to get fixes out quickly. Keep up the good work.

Edit:

There is still a repair bug I’m having. A theater was ignored for repair until it was condemned, and once condemned, it was never able to be repaired fully. Got it down to needing 1 clay, 1 gold ingot and 1 plank, but every time the resources were brought, it took so long I guess that another clay or plank or ingot would keep popping up. So they made about 100 trips carrying one item at a time and there were always 1 more of each of the items added to the list. It’s like the decay was outrunning how fast the workers could travel to make the repairs. And while condemned there is no option to delete the building, so I’m stuck with a non functioning theater, and I can’t even just tear it down and rebuild it…

2 Likes

Thanks for the insanely fast updates, and for a great game. Also, just on a side note, Wafflesocket may be the greatest randomly generated city name in video game history. I’m just sayin. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wafflesocket is pretty great. For some reason I’m also partial to Mag Mell - sometimes I’ll just rapidly click the button trying to get it to appear. I know, I know… I could just type it in but it tastes better with RNG.

4 Likes