[Feedback] How to buff Trozan set

So Trozan’s Skybreach set has been lagging behind new caster sets ever since Ashes of Malmouth came out. With the addition of new sets in Forgotten Gods Trozan set looks even bleaker. It can be outperformed by a Demolitionist with Mortars supported just by medal and gloves. And it’s light years behind Pyran, Cyclone, Virtue, Blood Knight, etc.

Suggestions

• Add 5-8% physical resistance to the set. Shoulders currently have ~70% Cold resistance and 40% Vitality resistance. Absolutely useless on all Cold builds that have both Vitality and Cold resistance in spades.
  • Increase TSS projectile speed. It’s too slow. When kiting against fast Nemeses TSS often misses it mark.
  • Add %Beasts and/or %Humans damage. Both Fabius and Kuba are a pain for Trozan set builds. Would help this build a lot and give this set a unique flavour

Now, another thing with TSS is that supports just two masteries. It maybe too much to ask, but I propose (and proposed in the past) to add third mastery support. I think it should be either Nightblade or Occultists. Here are some ideas:

• Nightblade: -%Lightning resist to Veil of Shadow. Pierce converted to Lightning to Blade Spirit (new Blade Spirit Lightning animation fx? Hell yeah). Lightning damage to Blade Spirit, +1 summon limit to Blade Spirit.
  • Occultist: -%elemental resistance to Curse of Frailty. Cold and Lightning damage to Sigil of Consumption. Chaos and Vitality converted to Cold and Lightning to Sigil of Consumption. 10% adcth to Sigil of Consumption.

Those are just some ballpark ideas. Here is a little poll too.

• Yes, add Occultist support to Trozan’s Skybreach
    • Yes, add Nightblade support to Trozan’s Skybreach
    • No, leave it as a double mastery set

0 voters

1 Like

Interesting idea,making it double support classes set.There is common weapon converting lightning to cold on TSS.So it’s possible to make it full cold Spellbreaker.

From the other perspective,even if Occultist have RR and some support skills,there isn’t even one caster,that is gonna be best with that class.For support you want Inquisitor,sometimes Shaman,also Shammy for lightning,Nightblade for cold,OK for fire.It’s tough to choose Occultist for secondary class.

So my choice is add Occultist support,even if I love Nightblade.

I agree to add NB support, interesting idea.
After latest buffs I have played my druid. Now it’s a little better, but set needs some defensive buffs. Phys res is very good. Prob add 3% to every part of armor.
Also I like how Crate buffed Ulzuin and made Pyran. Now it looks like a real caster and It would be nice to buff Trozan’s set too.

1 Like

This is actually already done as part of a general sweep through all instances of Cold/Fire/Lightning resist on unique end-game gear (for the next update). In some cases, it was replaced at least with % Elemental Resist, or with new resists entirely. Where it made thematic sense, other resists were added or existing ones boosted.

Epics benefited from this in particular.

I’ll have to think about making Trozan’s a tri-class set.

6 Likes

:partying_face:

Cold/Lightning sigil with meteors droppin’ on people’s heads sounds dope af. Sign me up.

2 Likes

I always wanted Trozan to have Nightblade / Blade Spirit support, so that’s a yup from me.

1 Like

Voted for occultist

1 Like

Skybreach is mostly fine, I find. Whether it’s too weak or inflexible relative to some of the (overtuned?) casters that were released later on, I couldn’t say.

Both this and Nightblade mastery support is something I’ve suggest myself, so I agree.

However, before adding a third mastery to a TSS set that already mostly works, please take a look at Allagast, which is in a pretty sorry state.

Allagast got couple of very strong Storm Box builds, mate. John Smith’s Aether Apostate and Jabrixone’s Lightning Vindicator.
I think Crate should just scrap TSS from Allagast and change it for something else. Because Storm Box Allagast builds work pretty well.

I’ll have to think about making Trozan’s a tri-class set.

:grava_yes:

+1 for nightblade support for it
Actually, in epoch of ancient (even before AoM) i made spellbreaker based on trozan’s set, and it was a hell lot of fun

1 Like

I meant Allagast for Storm Box + TSS specifically, of course. (I already know about Apostate and Vindicator for Storm Box, as well as Purifier – they’re all mentioned in the thread I linked.) It wouldn’t take that much to recover the concept, which is something I’d like to see.

Agree with you.We already have two sets focused around TSS.Third is redundant.And it’s Allagast,I know is aether,but the most important mod is to Storm Box.Why not CD and damage to Siphon Souls?

But TSS is meant to be with Trozan set!

Disagree on the “redudant”, Allagast has the most distinctive gameplay (and the most fun, for me). Meanwhile, it could be argued that Iskandra is an aether conversion set before being a TSS set, since you get stronger TSS with Skybreach.

Make allagast a unique flavor aether/lightning devastation set. Huge cool down reduction and a -target area mod but a large negative total damage mod. So when combined with some cdr it allows for some double cast opportunity. MOAR METEORS

Also occultist would be more fitting I think

You got a really nice idea, Madlee.
I voted for occultist support because I like sigil so much and warlock need love. You may want to convert sigil’s fire to cold/lightning also.

However, I will surely level a conjurer if this new trozan come out, not warlock. Lol…

while im thinking about devastation sets… for the love of god change the conversion on the diviner offhand.
the arcanist side of that set is so jack. it converts the fire to vit and gives flat vit… assuming the goal is dual damage vit aether devastaion. then the offhand converts some of the added flat vit to aether and removes the ability to try making a cool vitality devastation templar with cdr from path of the three and the solid vit rr of guardians. :rage:

In hindsight I probably should make a new thread about those ideas. Too tired lol.

On second thought, I agree with Occultist being better than Nightblade for Skybreach:

• Nightblade already works well for TSS with Mageslayer + Spectral Bludgeon.
  • Cold/Lightning blade spirits would be too similar to wind devils, both thematically and in terms of gameplay.

On the other hand, Occultist with a cold/lightning sigil would offer:

• A user-controller positional spell with lifesteal and low CD. Good fit for TSS gameplay.
  • Additional physical resistance from Blood of Dreeg, allowing you to stand your ground within the sigil.
  • An effective Warlock set. (Not many of those, are there?)

The concept intrigues me enough that I might make a test mod over the weekend. @mad_lee, would you mind if I spun this thread off to expand on potential Occultist support?