Feedback on legendary Boots and Leg Armor

I used Feralmane in ranged Primal Strike Vindicator. Needed both skill bonus, cause of points hungry build and also DA.

I used Amatok on one of my theorycrafts, aether is nice addition. Still they are hardly BiS.

I’m not convinced about feralmane either. But the triple resists are nice. Vindicator? Would you have liked it to have +2 to an Inquisitor skill then? I would agree that you can’t call the pants lacking anymore, I just think they could be less niche. Could be wrong.

Also what the fuck does primordial boots need to see some use?

If someone could help me figure out what primordial boots need, and what +skills on dread knight’s legplates would make it appealing for its theme, that’d be super.

Ok so toying around with the dread knight’s legplates, they’re not bad but could definitely be better without being OP. After consulting a few people and playing around I think it could really benefit from 30-40DA and also reaping strike for soul harvest. It’s already difficult to get +skills to soul harvest so that’d be fantastic here, and it’d work well with void soul with just that bit of DA.

Really Great pants are basically an honorable mention overshadowed by Barbaros atm. They’re not bad but Barbaros is too good to pass up for these. And for Crucible builders they prefer tranquil mind pants.

As for boots of Primordial rage, just increase the base armor to 1400. That low armor is basically the reason why it gets neglected by the builds that would want its stats and +skills. And if you want to be certain they see use, increase the armor and add just 15% pierce resist.

Amatok’s boots are fine now so I’m removing them from the list. But if you gave them another 10 DA it wouldn’t make anything OP and would help those builds dying for every DA point they can get.

They need they’re base armor raised. Their are legPLATES not chinos. Besides S&B soldiers rarely have problem with pierce res but almost always have problem with oa and will take Barbaros every time. I’d also take some health (death knights got a lot) and put that oa there to compete.

I’m relatively confident with my suggestions for dead knight’s legplates this time around, but of course more armor is welcome. That reminds me, feralmane pants are “fine” now. Confirmed. So removing from list.

Fateweaver’s could just use their OA increased and/or added DA. It’s one of the few places you can reasonably get +skills to Word of Agony, but if it also had +skills to word of pain or death sentence it’d suddenly become pretty solid as well for word of pain builds.

Mythical Timewarped Walkers
I suggest removing +2 Aura of Conviction from this shoe and adding about 50 OA or DA instead.

I considered using these shoes with Aetaher Spellbinder, but finally I chose Bone shatter boots.
In my opinion, I think this boot should be reviewed as a whole.
The good thing about this shoe is% dmg, OA and two resistances. Everything else is subtle. I want other resistance (especially physical resistance) than health. You can also change the armor type to heavy.
There are several other better options for elemental builds, as well as for ether builds.
Even with regard to skill bonuses, the advantage of choosing this shoe for those builds is low.
Why does the Proc skill include lightning rather than fire? Alblecht ring has a similarly named Proc, but the damage type is Fire and Aether.
Please do the same as ring, or change the skill name.

Timewarped are weird, yes physical and slow are nice but boots have too many useless resistances instead of stats. Skill bonuses are not focused too.

Primordial rage, skills makes less sense. @adoomgod you never saw being used in a build? Well here you are! [1.1.4.2] The Golden Defiler- DW aether melee Bonemonger. Gladiator in ~7 minutes on average

1 Like

Thanks. Note that the boots are taken for their OA and aether damage and some stun resist more than anything else. All the skill bonuses go unused on that build. The Chaos resist is superfluous. Hm

My Spellbinder link for reference.

Chaos resist is actually good. Exceeding 30-40 is useful for end content.
The skill has a strange thunder, but it’s OK because it won’t be wasted.
The problem is poor defense. If you ignore% dmg, Bone shatter boots is much better.
Stun resist is great, but you can get it relatively easily with the craft bonus.
Elemental (Fire and Lightning) has more statistically superior Wyrmscale boots.

Well, now the timing is not good. It will need to be reviewed again in 1.1.5.0. :slight_smile:

I actually think fateweaver’s is amazing. Sure, it might have the same OA value as tranquil pants, but it also provides:

1. +2 to maiven’s
  2. %damage

And its proc…I would maybe like to see the CD on it toned down by 5s or so, but its rather damn good as it is. I use it on my ulzuin grenadier

Yeah. And if you use a mirror, it will be quite tanky for 15 seconds. If you can defeat the enemy in the meantime, it is quite strong.
Personally, I would use it more often if the effect is milder and the cool time is short, but that is probably not preferred by developers.

1 Like

was just passing by and wanted to add on the subject of those pants. Proc definitely needs to have shorter cd.

And, those pants would be used if you add %burn/%frostburn%/%electrocute to them. A lot of Arcanists need that %dot damage.

I never see builds with it though. Perhaps it’s just a bit outclassed?

I’m using it on my skyfire grenadier. It’s a nice safety net when ghoul isn’t online.

The problem is the CD on the proc as mentioned

I tried these pants once. Their proc activated literally at first hit I took in Crucible. Nah, don’t need them. Arcane harmony and Tranquil are simply better.

Maybe have the trigger be “below 50% hp” or soemthing?

That’s my idea in first place. Proc is too random and CD is long. And pants slot is very competitive, since almost every damage type have specific pants, also universal ones like Tranquil, Barbaros, Harmony and MI.

1 Like

I concur, making it proc at 50% health by itself might make it consistently useful enough. That’s the only buff I’d start with.

Removed really great pants from the list. The increased life, resists, added elemental resist. It’s just a tone of quality of life for builds that aren’t so afraid of physical damage. It’s craftable too so you just need one with decent rolls and you have fantastic placeholder pants. They’re quite nuts in terms of sheer amount of stats you can get from them now.