[Feedback] On pierce strength

Maybe for unbuffed ex spawn… Because that certainly would qualify as an extra spawn :wink:

1 Like

that’s the thing, it’s not just that, it’s “regular” pierce and cold dmg builds/spirits that will get hammered.
Right now it’s currently ok’ish to create a decent, but not “top-cruci” Blade Spirit-X build with the existing itemization
But, it requires complete dedication to do without fantasy greens, and is thus a significant portion of your build investment, outside of just 16skill points, since using multiple item slots for 1 skill is a fairly significant trade-off imo.
What you then get is an ok performing, non-game-shattering pseudo pet build, since you don’t have the points or slots to go as deep into other point areas, aside from fantasy greens, to do more than bonus/complimentary dmg.
Removing a “whole” spirit, complete makes such investment pointless, and shoves you back into just pure raw NB/X skill dmg, because the dmg trade-off is no longer there to make it worthwhile focusing on pets instead of ex maxing SS/WPS+LA etc etc direct player dmg
Tho as piercing pets goes it ofc currently has a double-edged nerf inbound, if the treacherous means belt is killed off too… :cry:

2 Likes

Seconded

Seconded

Seconded.

I’m totally with these guys. I hope, this was not ‘off-topic’. The other stuff weren’t too, but not everyone understands secondary and tertiary but totally ONTOPIC issues…

Long read, lots of good points.

So…

Balancing around obscene double rare MIs: at some level, as much as it sucks, you kinda have to consider it and at the same time it doesn’t make sense. The only thing holding someone back from obtaining those items is how they view GDstash. In other words the players decision. Then on the other hand, having the knowledge of someone doing sub 4 crucible…does it affect me? Nope. Are they having fun? Yes? More power to them. At the end of the day, from a logic standpoint, if Crate nerfs from this perspective I understand. I am for the health of the game and to increase longevity since the other arpgs on the market are not anywhere near this one, IMO.

Removing 24/16 extra BS: very much against this but not from a damage perspective but from one of a aesthetic one. Having a large swarm of player scaled pets is just a blast to play. I wish I could summon 10 spirits. Yeah yeah damage adjusted. As bad as D3 might be or not be in a players mind, it was a super fun playing crusader with literally 2-3 dozen phalanx type pets swarming mobs like ants. Damage was (unsure now) bad but the fun was really there.

Moving the extra summon to other items, yes please. Someone above mentioned the BS scarab shield. +1 from me for this suggestion. In fact make more items to summon more summons with damage changes to compensate.

Conversion: hope nothing changes. I am always finding myself wishing for more items with conversion not less. Please find other methods.

Pierce damage changes: no opinion as long as changes keep the game healthy. This includes cunning and such.

The most important thing at the end of the day is that changes do not limit or remove builds from a reasonable standard which I feel can be done.

I see many people still mention the fantasy argument.

You guys need to remember that the caster variant has 7 singlerare items. And while it’s still fantasy due to the rolls it has, legit version of this build with enough farming, i believe, is very much capable of breaking 4mins as well (and it requires less precision in piloting) which is outside of the balance goal.

6 Likes

PepeHmm

Stop giving me ideas.

5 Likes

I vaguely remember someone posting a build in vanilla that could summon like 6-10 Spirits before they became permanent.

:+1:

Do you think it is possible to correct the balance without touching the third blade spirit? Simply transferring it to certain things will obviously cut down on the variability of assemblies, even if they are memes.

Looking forward to all this balancing power being shifted to the array of pierce pistols available

1 Like

Oathbearer: Added aether damage modifier to blade spirits.

3 Likes

Have u ever calculate how many attack speed masterblade needs? Its too suck to removed attack speed on cutthroat. I am done with fixed the build again and agin becaude of these unblanced data change. If so, I will recommend people just just download 1.1.8.2 version and stay in this version. I dont think people need to pay for these because of ur mistake.

It’s gonna be hard to download and stay in a version that doesn’t exist. lol

There’s a way using magic that’s forbidden in these parts.

cant-smoke

I dunno about everybody else but if some rando “recommended” that I shouldn’t update a game because they didn’t like a balance tweak this would be my face…

wow-cool

4 Likes

you can get speed capped without cuttthroat, pretty much any nightblade build manages this without 5x Cuttthroat

i really really hopes Zantai reconsiders :weary:
outside belt there exist only 2 items for ele->pierce conversion for melee/caster pierce lulz, meanwhile ranged has a gun and multiple 2h ranged to mess around with, aside from belt, shoulders and ring
it will effectively end any pierce conversion approach as you can only reach 55% conversion on non ranged builds… which seems overkill big time (on conversions where you already lose dot dmg)… just to reel in a few :no_mouth:

1 Like

Some of your sentiments captured in graphical form:

5 Likes

Really though, calling it our mistake is a curious way to approach it. The game has evolved over years of new content and players (and us tinkering with it). We can either plant our feet in the sand and say “This affix has been this way for generations! What will the elders think!” or we make adjustments where appropriate to meet the needs of the current landscape.

4 Likes

80%, not 55%. And up to 96% with good rolls.
It’s not ideal, but it certainly doesn’t seems as bad as “ending any conversion approach”.

1 ring +shoulder = 55% avg roll,
demanding/forcing (melee/caster) players to use 2x rings, which are very very mediocre (and actually benefits few builds stat-wise), and is a fairly important item slot (imo), feels completely ludicrous when ranged builds get so many diff items to play around with compared, +then expecting max conversion rolls on 3slots? that’s just absurd
again, in the pursuit of just reeling in a few builds - yes it effectively ends more build’s diversity than it balances out ex an infiltrator here or there

just that the ele->pierce conversion pool is so tiny for non-ranged alone should make the idea silly to shave off more conversion items… :pensive:

Maybe add ele -> pierce to some underused items? Like Legionnaire’s Pride and Servitor’s Slicer? Won’t flip the shit over but at least it would be some kind of an option.

2 Likes