Feedback on Pyran set

You hope for the right combination of expected. Give me Reaper and Zantarin please, no Grava, no Garbagol and no Mad Queen. :wink:

Don’t know why nobody ever mentions Anasteria… She sprinkles you with her 50%reduced rr while you’re fighting anything else and you’re toasted. The freakiest debuff in the game.

1 Like

Back to the topic at hand, when doing timed runs in crucible with mortars, is it ok to set all the mortars up beforehand?

• a) well, yeah… it’s ok, pets do that so why wouldn’t pseudo pets?
  • b) absolutely not! it’s cheating 10 seconds out of nothing! why don’t you go around each spawn zone and set up RoH next time?

0 voters

Voted a but pretty sure rune builds back then would spam 5 runes before starting the 151 and 161 :stuck_out_tongue:

only thing I’d drop is the %rr for empyrion and the celestial presence bonuses. Empyrion has already too much RR!

Nerf the base skill. Not the set

That works too (as much as I like the idea of skills that are just strong enough (but not too strong) by themselves). If all other masteries need gear for the good RR stuff, why should OKs be an exception?

Guys I think we kinda side-tracked on the thread itself with the Crucible vs SR talk.

On topic, I agree with the feedback but am confused as to how the Arcanist portion of the build can be improved or whether Arcanist needs to be there at all. Do we need more mods for Arcanist passive skills, defensive skill mods I mean. Or would simple plus skills do the trick.

Since defense was stated to be a problem then %health and % x resist bonus can be given via skill mod to Maiven or IEE. Or maybe add %health restored to Arcane Will.

1 Like

ITT, if you don’t own a stupid and cancerous sidegame DLC, you don’t get to post any builds, because according to this community, Crucible is MANDATORY and the ONLY WAY to evaluate your character performance.

If crate ever add anything that recembles Cancerible in grim dawn 2, they already lost a sale on me.

Why Crucible is cancerous? And if it doesn’t have good drop or chance to test your build,what would be the point from it?Why someone will buy it if it means nothing or Crate will create it in first place?Don’t know why people hate some optional content with passion.

As Pyran SB definetely is the strongest class combo for the set.

Be careful there! Or they’ll make sure to add it AFTER you have already bought the game!

Thanks. The only place where stackable rr can be put is Null. Which would be kinda fun and strong if they also gave it some cdr.

Anyone can post a build whether it’s able to do Crucible or not. Frankly we need more builds that aren’t judged by that criteria. It isn’t the be all and end all of builds, despite the impression that it is.

Might sound weird coming from me but I agree 100%. But to achieve that we need alternatives. There must be some criteria to judge builds because 1) it is an important part of an aRPG community to judge builds and 2) it is human nature to compete. And as long as Crate insist on this “more adventurous” nature of SR, we shall have no alternative to Crucible.

There is one other criteria…but sadly it isn´t measurable: Fun.

So I see no reason to post a build which would get CR- and SR- Tags…nobody would read it and the few, who read it, will compare it with the SR+/CR+ builds.

I spent some time making an aether Firestrike defiler that I knew was weak. I was running 10 minutes on the average. But after some changes I managed under 9 minutes consistently (still no c+ lol). And I learned that it’s better to use Imp than Flame Torrent, and that it’s even better to bind Firestrike to it than to Widow.

It’s not about concepts being strong or weak. It’s more about builders having some objective reference to measure whether their decisions are right or wrong. And a well-made build, even from a weak concept, is always well received regardless of the tag.

Dude, chill.

There are plenty of builds being posted that haven’t even stepped into Crucilbe and it’s okay. If Shattered Realm was less random people would judge builds by SR performance and I bet you someone would still complain that SR is used as “only measure of builds worth” and that “endless dungeons with infinite scale dificulty is cancer”, etc. etc.

I don’t understand why people are getting so salty about top builders measuring builds performance by their Crucible timers. It’s not a competitive game, you can ignore all those Crucible builds or forums in general and play however you want and nobody will say a thing. Throwing tantrums like this because you don’t like optional DLC in a single player game is childlish.

1 Like

Back to topic. I tried Pyran Templar and it’s so friggin squishy. First tried the grimtools I posted on the very first reply on this thread but TD is kinda clunky and both Ascension and devastation are almost always up anyways. So I decided to try to go meteors+seekers with same items (can’t post GT, im at work) and damage is REALLY GOOD for a build whose main skills are both usually used as secondary damage sources (devastation + judgment). Almost got a 6:30 run and that’s while kiting all the time. Problem is you die too easily. If Pyran got even a bit more defense it would be a monster that enables top tier builds for three classes. Still trying to figure out a defensive strat for templar before I start calling for defensive buffs.

Imo this set is mortars. Period. Devastation is cute but you won’t scare Grava+Maiden with cute. Mortars though… phew… I did slightly sub 5 yesterday and I wasn’t even lucky. This is the fastest guy in this patch for sure.

Meteors+seekers? That’s genius, brother! Never though of that. My spec converts close to 100% ele to fire and I forgot about Seekers. I need to test it NOW. I’m calling in sick today! :star_struck:

1 Like

Don’t underestimate the power of fully converted devastation + a strong main skill. Member old binder?

Problem is there’s no good fire main skill for casters atm that can be partnered with Devastation aside from Mortars. Judgment is another support skill, maxing guardians is crap, VM as main skill only works on vanquisher. If we look further and include Mage hunter, Kalastor got nerfed and you make devastation worse without star pact. This leaves us with no choice but to go Demo and there’s no reason to pick any other demo skill but mortars.

If Pyran became an inq set with Kalastor or even just a judgment set then it would be a lot better for templar.

Btw, who tried sorc? How does it compare to breaker?

Slighty less than 6 minutes, but squishy as hell

Also one of the biggest problems that with this set impossible stands on mines (BIG dmg loss) and Justicar gives you almost the same perfomance with much more survabillity