[Feedback] Petition to return Fire to Lightning conversion to Cindertouch gloves

Actually isn’t a single build. Lee’s build is example of it, since Invoker set is split fire/lightning with slightly more fire damage. In order to function well needs the conversion to balance things out. PRM build can’t take new conversion on mask, since head slot is occupied by Spellgaze, which is must for every end game Panetti build.

Also every lightning CT build needs the gloves to convert burn damage from Inferno to Electrocute. This build for example needs it badly…

And CT lightning spam as well. Fire CT have different options for gloves slot btw.

Another build that can use the conversion is Lightning EoR Shieldbreaker. Gloves already have mod to convert EoR damage to lightning, so you can’t use them on any fire build but you need the global conversion to convert fire from Demo’s spells.

Something like this:

And of course lightning Cyclone builds need the conversion as well, like this Vindicator:

The questions why the conversion is lost still remains. And I haven’t seen suggestions for fire builds with these gloves.

Maybe use them in Fire PRM build?

I have already good gloves with cast speed, DA and spirit, no need.

Oh I and lot’s of other players will post builds with the new items, already have a list of builds to try but that again have nothing to do with already existing builds/items.

Btw no wonder lot’s of players don’t post feedback threads, if every time there will be attack squad arguing just for the sport. Feedback threads suggestions are present in these free updates, there are meant to improve the game/QoL/diversity for all! No need every feedback thread to become flame war!

11 Likes

Of course you could always

"If you have private feedback that you do not wish other users to see or respond to, you can message us!

Please note that while we will read all feedback, we cannot respond to every message. "

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/g/Crate_Employee/activity/posts

2 Likes

@Xervous made a good point to me in a different thread.

I posted in the 1.1.7 thread that I was in support of the change…BUT I think there was a missed opportunity to explain to the players, that want the change to be reverted, why the change happened in the first place. That part I don’t get.

Instead, there was some reply along the lines of lol #pollresults…when there could have been a simple given reason. Even if the reason was “because I say it should be removed” would been enough as it’s Crate’s game and their design philosophy.

After giving it more thought, I find myself more on the fence of the change…

The solution previously used for the belt situation, and mentioned above, should be applied here…make another pair of gloves that support the request of those who want the changes reversed.

More importantly, again as mentioned above, what was the reason. I mean I get you can’t respond to every question but I can’t imagine the reply wouldn’t take more then a few minutes. I mean you know why…

So the argument of lol you lost 40 secs on CR clear time is weak and I, myself have been guilty of the same train of through.

I don’t go into CR, someone who clears it in 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 minutes or whatever doesn’t affect me. The changes that evolve from fast clear times don’t affect me. Dying or not, all my meme builds clear SR 65 with the timer intact and that’s what matters to me.

In the end, I think those who find this change bad should at least be given some courtesy and a decent reason. Changes will never be popular with all players due to play styles, time, etc. But a short, non tone deaf statement goes a long way to make all players happy if they know why changes occur.

P.S: still hoping for an answer as to why Badge of Mastery does not have Storm Totem as a possible pre/suf, thanks.

2 Likes

As for why it was changed, maybe the lightning conversion simply didn’t fit the theme? I mean, it’s called Cindertouch, looks lava/fiery, and has a fiery whirlwinds proc. None of that would make one think “this should have fire to lightning conversion”.

The idea to move the conversion to another set of gloves seems like a reasonable solution. As banana_peel suggested, Thundertouch could be a good fit. Another idea might be Dawnshard Grip, the armor has fire to lightning conversion, so it would fit the theme somewhat.

2 Likes

I think it’s gonna mess all the Mortar builds really badly since most of them are Fire based.

‘Needs’ is a bit strong, don’t you think?

While my build was using Cindertouch too, it has about as much Fire -> Lightning conversion now as yours did before this change.

1 Like

Was there any reason why the conversion was removed, other than for the sake of taking a stat from a item, simply for the sake of making it less useful and impacting people that used it for the conversion, and cause a reaction in your playerbase? Was the conversion somehow extremely OP, because it made one or two builds too good? Or are we just going to keep getting snarky replies instead of an explanation that actually justifies this change?

7 Likes

I am willing to bet that the chances of me making a non-pet / non-rata build is higher than getting non snarky replies :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

crate’s still going to do patches with gd and adding small new contents occasionally, right? it could be possible that crate wants to add some new items to replace cindertouch’s role, and crate is still in brainstorming phase with it.

with the name cindertouch, one would expect it to be an item with, uh… fiery. nature.

I know this is not a good enough reason to justify the change, but it always bothered me that an item named Cindertouch supported lightning damage more than fire damage. The first time it dropped I was like “Cool! This could be useful for my fire purif-- oh, it converts the fire damage to lightning…”, so… I’m glad for this change for the sake of thematic consistency?

4 Likes

But then why put so much emphasis on Lightning in the first place?

Maybe a new item would be great, called “Shocking Grasp”. Cut all fire related things and bring in only the conversion. :wink:

1 Like

50/50 proves both sides are right and wrong WutFace

Glad the conversion got removed. It was parasitic for hybrid builds.

1 Like

Can you give an example of such builds that needed exactly Cindertouch and could not use Wyrmbones?

And so, the discussion goes on but neither we heard the reason why the conversion was removed, nor saw any builds that would benefit from it.
It will be cool if there are arguments.

3 Likes

Hey, I never said that was the reason the conversion was removed. That was my own personal interpretation of the change. The devs technically don’t own anyone an explanation, anyway.

I sat there for a good while looking at both gloves very critically.

Cindertouch has:

Soulfire: this converts already. If you wanted the conversion removed, these gloves give no attack speed for fire EoR…An argument could be made for wanting the crit and flat damage.

Vindictive flame: if you wanted the conversion to make this lightning, you meme harder then me. If you wanted the conversion removed because you wanted more skill points in this you have many other options.

Call tempest: Lightning tempest…isn’t there easier ways to get it converted like an amulet? No cast speed. Removed for fire tempest. Better options out there.

Wind Devil: lightning devil, lots of other options. Fire devil, perhaps the only argument I see to remove the conversion but kinda meme.

Proc: Wyrmbone is far better, IMO, unless you want to be “thematic”

The rest of the stats are irrelevant…you are going to get those stats regardless until you reach a threshold you feel you need. There are folks that say you don’t need a high amount of da unless you are going deep in SR…yet I like having 3k on most of my characters at a cost of other things. It’s how I play.

I was reading the patch notes literally 2 min after Z posted it. I knew, the moment I saw this change, it would be disliked.

If you went to a doctors appointment and waited 3 hrs after your appointment time with no explanation as to why, you be pretty miffed. It’s the same thing here. You can feel no explanation was needed but it doesn’t change the fact that if I, someone who doesn’t work on the game or is associated with Crate, can see the change would be seen as “bad” could have created a better sense of understanding instead of looking @mad_lee view and criticizing it just because of how he plays which has no effect on any of us in a single player game.

A short reply as to why would go a long way. You can then argue that but at that point I can’t see how you could as it’s Crate’s design philosophy to change it and their right.

In the end I think the patch needs a little time for the “dust to settle” to see what will happen. However, regardless of how I feel about this change, I still cannot find a reason as to why…and I think that’s the key thing here.

4 Likes

Hybrid cyclone elementalist :smiley: or hybrid cyclone shieldbreaker
Edit Otherwise said, something different from the cookie cutting meta.

wyrmbones?

In what scenario were these gloves considered “cookie cutting meta”? And even if they were, what would be the problem with that? It’s not like there were alternatives for hybrid builds already, which were pointed out to you, but you decided to ignore it.

3 Likes