[Feedback] Tainted Power AAR's transmutor should be reworked

As we all know, Arcanist is completely unplayable without RR, so it’s good for another class it keep it company in being unplayable.

2 Likes

Ah yes, because Darkblaze and Rah’zin are definitely the most broken sets in the game.

1 Like

It’s not that Occultist will be unplayable at all, just that Inquis was (imho) eh…~ at a good point for balance. This took forever to achieve appropriate nerfs and it certainly met a bit of opposition - mostly because it was addressed so late in the lifecycle. I guess we’ll see how it plays out.

To be fair, those two sets already give 25% chaos RR to CoF. Whether they would become broken with CoF having base chaos res reduction is another story.

The changes to Word of Pain come off to me as more QoL than stat buffs. From what Zantai has shared, Inquisitors shouldn’t change in any massive way in terms of balance except for Flames of Ignaffar casters.

They wouldn’t.

And I’m pretty sure it’s not beyond the realm of possibility to move some RR from items into base skills and give something else to said-items.

1 Like

moving rah/darkblaze chaos rr into the base skill or vulnerability (depending on how many skillpoints you want it to cost) is hard you see.

(Speculative)

Looks like a big buff to all Inquisitors across the board to be honest.

At the high-end of Inquisitors, they are pulling more DPS because they don’t need to interrupt their flow for casting WoP as often. At the low-end, they have more skillpoints to work with because getting a comfortable amount of duration on the skill isn’t as costly, which means other areas of the builds in question grow stronger.

I don’t think the changes Zantai listed are a bad idea, but damn if they aren’t strong.

TBH, most high DPS chaos builds don’t need more damage so much so as they need survivability

fair point too, Rah’zin lacks DA tremendously. but again, probably not only a set’s problem, but the problem of the whole green sector that doesn’t provide much of useful stats.

Another problem with chaos sets is the fact that they are pianos. You don’t get passive RR. Also devotions like abomination + revenant are weird in that very few skills can be bound to them.

And these skills are often great devo proccers, making it a waste on these devotions with such high CD

and one more fair point. playing chaos WH results in 4 (or 5, if using Bloody Pox) buttons to push, and also 2 healing abilities+movement skill.

probably it’s seen the most clear on chaos AAR.

chaos WB has the least number of buttons to push, imo, but it is also a true bee-hunter.

Yup. IMO, Buffs to death sentence will mostly benefit pierce damage (i.e. valdun purifier + belgo infil).

Valdun purifier needs to be tested extensively during test phase because it’s currently nipple deep in the “top tier pool.” Not sure how buffs will affect it.

Belgo infil…eh. DW melee could use some love.

Regarding chaos builds. you’re really only going to buff a small handful of chaos builds which are mostly underperforming

• Tainted flames FoI
  • Spam DB
  • Rah’zin harbinger

The only top performing chaos build which uses the inqui is mad_lee’s AAR MH.

But a slight buff to it isn’t going to make it OP

yep, both Tainted Flames and spam DB nedd more love. don’t know about the latter one’s performance but think it’s not outstanding.

7:25 with triple double rolled M.I.

Yup. Buff it please.

The biggest bump to Chaos builds will come from an 8% Resist reduction across the board on Ultimate.

5 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

nice joke :innocent:

especial use barrelsmith on FoI :kissing_heart:

TBH, there was no way to tell you were referring to FoI. I thought you were referring to AAR. :confused:

I’m write it to Z on his post about FoI

because I don’t understand why we haven’t got Lighting support to FoI