Forgotten Gods Theorycrafting Thread

Blightlord Oppressor first draft: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2B309kV

That’s me being a bit conservative with greens. I’ll definitely use green pants/boots if I get one that would make stats better. Maybe going DW with bonespike is better because bonespike but CDR is so good with Ascension+Mark 100% uptime. With that base, adjust augments depending on whatever affixes there is on the medal.

im not impressed with this set at all. Both RE and BWC need duration mods to do any reasonable amount of dmg endgame. Dagger is utter shit, you dont want to touch it by bare hand, heck, you don`t even want to pick that crap from the ground. All items are squishy AF (1200 armor ? LOL 0% phyzresist only +8%aether max res) so you need a shield. Most notable CDR shield. Most notable Chronomaser shield, cause there is not much choise around shield. No CDR on amy for whatever reason and low roll on head.
It would probably work on Siegebreacker with transmuted BWC and guardians. With spin to win help for sustain.

Figured as much. Still the pet bonus is interesting. Dark one or Valguur will still do better even on Oppressor. But I think it’s a good decision by Crate to put in a weapon cause bonespike.

Most FG sets present in GD tools right now suffer identity crisis . only cold PB look`s like something trough-out and designed around a build player want to assemble. Look at that Blightlord. What the idea behind this set? it has poison to fire conversion on hat, but RE is converted by mod and 30% is not something that allow for devotions magic. Piece of trash in main hand is supposed to convert Chaos to vitality, but the only relevant source of Chaos is on BWC and its alredy converted by set modifier. As you can guess, Defiler would suffer on both Fire and Vitality RR, but… surprise! Set modifier offer RR to Opressor.
Why? Like, why? It make no sense at all.
And that %dmg reduction modifier on RE? Is that a real item? Or someone is trolling, cause, man, what the?

Come on. Of the 11 non pet sets, only Blightlord and maybe Bonemonger look that bad.

Sentinel is interesting cause we haven’t had the new retal mechanic fully figured out yet.

Blightlord… Well after discussion I might just give up with this.

Bonemonger is a convoluted mess

Chillwhisper looks like the future of runefiltrator which will be widely hated by this forum, tho aside from that, the bonuses are neat.

Ludrigan Vindicator is already set. The arcanist part is kinda weird and I don’t think it’s good.

Rah’zin is great, tho deceiver will make use of this more than either WB or WH.

Realm set isn’t meant to be top tier so let’s leav it at that.

Vanquisher actually looks good, imo.

And Virtue… I’d be mad if this even flops.

So yeah I like the quality for the new sets. It’s just that the two Oppressor sets suck.

edit: Cyclone looks great for the spin2win fanatics, and Harra is awesome. The problem with these new sets is the usual problem. Demo, specifically the weaker demo classes (Sabo, Sorc, Defiler, Elementalist) looks like it’s gonna be left behind. Other than that, they’re okay.

At first glance I do not see any identity crisis in Sentinel of the Three, Chillwhisper, Ludriggan, Rah’Zin, Vanquisher, Virtue. Would you change my opinion, mortal?

The only set I failed to divine is Bonemonger. :furious:

https://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=callagadra&in_description=1&exact_match=0

So based on this search, it’s likely that one of the new superbosses is named Callagadra, 2 epic helms with that name, and 1 legendary. Similar to what Ravager drops. If that’s the case then I need some way to cheese the guy ASAP cause the helm looks awesome.

Bonemonger is not a mess but needs something upon completion. Either some proc, or AA…something

Vanquisher is a beast

Virtue - is amazing

Blightlord Shieldbreaker.

My take on a build that uses Mortars + Guardians with Stormfire. No MI affixes needed.

Reign of Ice and Fire Rings got a huge buff though (8% adcth). It hurts melee builds but it’s an improvement for casters. I understand the Devs, an epic-under-94-level set shouldn’t be BIS.

The main changes I noticed :

• Dagallon is more firestrike oriented;
  • No more -2 sec to Mortar Trap on Andero’s gun;
  • They fixed the weird bonus on Allagast (will be viabe now, idk)
  • Malakor Mace, as expected, is nerfed but not the ground. I like the change.
  • They nerfed the MI off-hand for BWC ? Who plays BWC spamming anyway ?
  • They nerfed the proc on Wraitborne Pants, which I don’t understand why (but we got new shiny aether pants anyway).
  • At last! We have a level 94 Perdition Set.

Here’s an attempt at a Fire-based Templar using Mageslayer set for maybe-OFF
Fire Spin2W.

It seems hard to find the EoR bonuses if not using a dedicated set. Not sure what to think about the new devotions.

And there seems to be soo much OK stuff linked with Shaman, (savagery and lit conversions)… although, maybe it’s more related to the the EoR stuff, as that was what I was focusing on. Happy days for Shaman types.

This new augment Osyr’s Temper is impressive, as well.

Edit: bleed needs adjustment, but gives the idea. I don’t really know how these skills work, though. I assume Vire’s might is like blitz.

I just don’t get the RF mod on this one: https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/12249
When i first saw these gloves i got my hopes up for a chaos Dervish with fang of Ch’thon and 3 piece Rah’Zin set + avatar of chaos amulet. Even if it would’ve been weaker than full Rah’Zin, it seemed appealing at a first glance. But fire to chaos conversion on a skill with flat burn… OK doesn’t have any flat fire sources (unless i missed something), so you’d need that on an item or devotion. So i guess these gloves are only good for complementing the chaos set for WH/WB/Deceivers or to use the flat chaos they give to RF in a physical build with Beronath. That, or i really need to go to sleep :rolleyes:

We have at last some real +12% chaos/aether/pierce augment, and also some +16/30 DA augments. It will help masteries that struggle with that.

Some interesting blue items that can be built around:
Cold Blademaster
Fire to Cold Shield
Aether + Chaos

Not to mention this set for lightning Savagery Trickster/ranged Vindicator (as if Vindicator needed more buffs).

It’s not like conversion wasn’t one of the major reasons people used that set. :rolleyes:

There’s also weapon damage to Fire Strike and flat cold to Fire Strike. Any other build hardly gains anything from this set now. But i forgot you’re the best player in this game, even though you run away from Aleks, Grava and Lox in the main campaign (that never is gonna stop being funny lol).

Yes. More for Trickster I think, because the new legendary set seems way better for Vindicator.

This set also got my attention. Maybe not powerful enough, but very interesting to theorycraft :slight_smile: that 100% acid to fire opens some interesting devotion paths.

Just think of missing opportunities:
A Crystal maiden Spellbreacker set with Cold devastation and transmuted TASTE MY CALLIDOR in bosses faces.
Just +2 second to devastation duration, 100% fire to cold conversion on set and %dmg reduction mod somewhere in NB.

Raggadan folly - a perfect place to stuck OK. No changes to set.

A True Defiler set with BWC and RE. :furious:

A bad ass 2H vitality Spin-and-suck-to-win. With imbued bonner harvest.

What did we got?
Some boring retaliation-afk onebutton stuff. A generic fire/phyz set aka justicar brother in law. Some infiltrator stuff including new chaos AA set.
Ludrigan’ - poor-boy LD with totem and meaningless conversion of non-existant cold dmg from one WPS.
The Vanquisher - one button firefart. The only difference from Agrivix is dmg base.

12% Reduced target’s Resistances for 3 Seconds to Vire’s Might
-30% Skill Energy Cost to Vire’s Might
1 Second Skill Recharge to Callidor’s Tempest
Total Damage Modified by 45% to Callidor’s Tempest
22 Reduced target’s Resistances for 6 Seconds to Callidor’s Tempest

Look at this shit, man, none of these modifiers make any impact on build performance or gameplay. They can as well never exist.

TIL RR has no impact on build performance. #themoreyouknow

Above all else, I am most excited to see what changes on thermite mine (and all demo skills in general)

So far, besides % retal added to grenado and some AdctH on Ulzuin’s wrath, haven’t seen anything noteworthy in GT. Maybe there are some different values on a couple of skills, not sure.