Forthcoming Forgotten Gods expac - what we know so far Part II

15th February’s stream gave us this info.

jogardar : is the trailer ready?
Not quite. Maybe next week. Still some edits to be done.

ShadowDweller_TV : How is the retaliation-to-damage conversion gonna work at all? Is it only for Oathkeepers or there’s a way to get it for everyone else?
There’s no conversion, just a percentage of your retaliation damage is added to a particular attack and most classes are getting some form of that. And there are a bunch of devotion procs that are getting that mechanic.

JustBeet : Is the expansion ready though?
Almost. I can tell you that as of yesterday the playtesters are now trying the final boss and the secret quest line. I would say are in a pretty good place, however there are still some item art that needs to be wrapped up before we can release it to you. I will tell you though that after Monday’s Grim Misadventure I’m going to give the creator of Grimtools permission to release the Oathkeeper mastery on there so you guys can look at all the numbers, mix and match and try and come up with some builds. And then at a later time once all the item art is finished, that’s when we’ll give you the full item database ahead of the release so you guys can see all the splendours that await you in the Forgotten Gods expansion.

LittleHorus86 : Will there be new summons (pets) other than the the pets of the new mastery?
Yeah, there’ll be some new pets from gear.

nghtwind : Could you update the Chain lightning fx with something like Storm Box have?
No we cannot. They’re not the same type of skill. Stormbox is effectively a channeled skill while chain lightning is just an instant proc.

RektbyProtoss : speaking of storm box, could you give aether storm box another visual?
We could give the base skill a visual change, but we couldn’t give the tether a visual change so that’s where the complication comes in.

F3ta_Cheese : @zantai_gd @crateentertainment can an enemy be affected by multiple storm box effects?
It is a debuff and as you know debuffs cannot stack if they’re the same debuff so no. You cannot have multiple storm box debuffs on the same target. You can however have multiple tethers on the same target. So like if you have multiple tethers between several enemies running and you run all 3 through one enemy that enemy will take triple damage effectively.

ragnar119 : @CrateEntertainment how much copies do you need to sell so we get third big expansion?
Being realistic I don’t think a third expansion’s very likely. I think to add another mastery at this point would turn the itemisation into such a big mess. And I feel we can’t really do another expansion without a new mastery.

kyleblake48 : Once Forgotten Gods is out would you you still stream GD?
I mean we could hop on stream occasionally and give you guys a little bit of time to hang out with us and ask some questions. I’m not sure we’d do them as often, it wouldn’t really make sense.

Syphin3 : I’m gonna be serious, why don’t you guys hire another artist or 2? Not only for Grim Dawn but for future projects, grow the team out a bit.
I imagine you’re familiar with the prospect of having too many cooks in the kitchen? For example if we did what you say and hired more artists and Forgotten Gods is finished and suddenly we’ve got extra artists that have nothing to do, what do we do then? Do we make up work for them that we weren’t planning to do or do we fire them like a lot of studios do when they upscale too much.

rgScupper : will there be katana in fg?
No, there’s not going to be a katana in a desert themed expansion.

ragnar119 : @CrateEntertainment you start working on grim dawn 2 with those artists
Not to mention that the artists are never the first people to start a project, the programmers are. We can’t make art for a project that doesn’t exist yet. For example if the artists start first, they make the assets, whatever else, and then the programmers get in. Turns out the assets the artists did are going to be problematic for this reason or that reason or it takes the programmers so many years to get the engine up and running that by the time they do the artists’ art is outdated essentially because higher fidelity is possible with modern tech. So no, artists are never the first ones.

LittleHorus86 : You guys will keep supporting the game after the release of the FG expansion. Right ? :’(
I will tell you guys that there’s definitely going to be post release content. It’s not going on the size of an expansion I would say, but we’re going to do patches. It’s going to do some balancing, but we’re definitely going to do some post release stuff like new items, some more Shattered Realm levels. We actually have a little bit of story content that we’d like to do like a side story.

F3ta_Cheese : @crateentertainment @zantai_gd what about dungeons? any chance we are gonna get more of them post release?
Well there’s story content involved with a dungeon so you might get a new dungeon. However like I said we’re likely going to add more Shattered Realm levels post release.

deathspank139 : Are there any new items that change mechanics of certain skills like spellscourge shield does for devastation? or with similar ‘‘hidden’’ stat like that?
I think so. I think you’ll find some interesting twists on modifiers.

apouche_ : there’s a hidden area in blood Grove with a shrine of the forgotten God, it’s the same shrine guarded by a Slith in a cave in wightmire, do we learn more about this god in FG?
Do you?

tuftyfella : there any items with modifiers for item skills like conflagration?
No, item skills do not get modifiers.

Nitrocide17 : So, in the Shattered Realm, can any Shard spawn with any sort of trap or is there a set chance for specific traps?
It’s mostly random and not all shards will spawn traps. We just happen to get two in a row that did.

emkyooess : Any buffs to horn of gondar in 1.1.0.0?
I don’t think that skill needs a buff.

2501_ : ZENTAI WILL retaliation being added to standard weapon attacks?
There are certain skill modifiers that will allow you to modify auto attack replacements.

Bigdaddyyumyums : Is there a set that revolves around oathkeeper player scaled pet
Yes, of course there is.

kyleblake48 : Is there a set that revolves around an acid poison oathkeeper
Yes, there is. I think we’ve shown it already.

Nitrocide17 : So, how do we initially reach the expansion? So far we only know that we travel there by rift. IS there a side story that takes you there initially or is the rift just open after Krieg?
There will be an NPC that will visit you, who’ll seek your attention in towns and if you speak to him you’ll get a means to teleport. There is no other way to get there.

igdaddyyumyums : how about that aetherial we have the option to save from his prison in act AoM. Will we see him again?
He kind of went to a place you can’t follow.

emkyooess : Do any of the existing factions play a role in FG?
Not any of the existing factions, no. This is a whole new place you’ll be visiting.

rikpoe : many skill in this game have an absurd/unsustainable mana cost. Can you explain that? The new eye of reckoning have me worried, coz i really wonna play it @CrateEntertainment
If you have a skill with an unsustainable mana cost that means you did not balance your character properly. You need more energy and energy regen.

JimmyBuilds : you said that modders can add levels to shattered realm? they can remove that level too
Yes, I suppose they could. It’s just a matter of editing a couple of dbr files. Why would they want to do that though? You don’t like mines?

banshee8434 : Hi Z and Grava, one Question: i heard the optional dungeons are getting mutators will these be toggable?
No, they are not toggable. They are now part of the game and they will offer you additional rewards as compensation.

Darkstalix : New rogue dungeon later on?
The Shattered Realm is effectively the new rogue-like dungeon and it’s infinite. Infinite rogue-like dungeon. But you do need waystones if you want to skip. Once you get to Shattered Realm level 5 you’ll get a waystone level 5 and on and on. Every 5 Shards you get a new waystone effectively. Or it’s every 15 Shards you get a new waystone, but every 5 any existing waystones will upgrade. So for example the waystone I used gets us to Shard 5, if we get to Shard 10 that waystone will then take us to Shard 10 on this character.

anathema2741 : Are waystones permanent or consumable?
They are used up.

dave45788 : @CrateEntertainment how many lvls do we have to go through in shattered realm to unlock all the high tier mobility skill runes ?
The higher you go the more likely the drop chances. So there isn’t any fixed Shattered Realm level you need to get to, it’s more about the probability. You could potentially get some of the mobility runes on the lower Shards, but it’s unlikely. When you get to the higher ones, the drop rates are much higher.

Nitrocide17 : After you reach a certain level in the SR, will the waystones always take you back to the same level when you craft it, or are there numerous levels of waystones that you can craft?
So there are multiple waystones. Every waystone has a range of 15 Shards it can take you to and then you would get the next waystone.

taciolevi : Hey folks, will the limit of devotions increase to 60? For, among the new conquests, is the “Korvan Devotion” …
It is not being increased to 60. It’s staying at 55.

coyotek : @CrateEntertainment a question and a suggestion, did you guys added any unused map content to SR? if so maybe adding some early access zones that were cut from the main game would a nice touch, like the Old Grove for example
That would be a nice touch if those levels were useable, but they’re really not. They’re in a very baseline state, not polished at all. So we’d effectively be making new levels. Which for the Shattered Realm we did make some fully custom levels, but not those in particular.

ChthonicSonic : @Zantai_GD Is there no end to the Waystones then?
Waystones stop at 75. After that you’re on your own.

Darkstalix : Any chance for later on to add Hell Difficulty for Ultimate like being the equivalent of Normal+Veteran? Introducing more health and more OA+DA on monsters?
If you want to do that go right ahead with a mod, but I think in terms of the game Ultimate is exactly where it needs to be.

Bigdaddyyumyums : shattered realm is your hell difficulty
Yes, Shattered Realm really is your Hell difficulty. This the hardest content in the game if you go high enough in the Shards. It gets more difficult than the Crucible by far. If you can keep pushing you can go higher. I think realistically everyone will find a soft limit where their characters can’t survive any more, but in terms of how far it goes in the arrays I made it goes up to 200. But everyone will just die instantly. I didn’t think it was going to get to 200, but prove me wrong though. Prove me wrong and I’ll add more values to that array, but I’m sceptical.

JimmyBuilds : will you add new mutators this patch/expac?
We’re not adding new mutators, the list currently exists is pretty all encompassing in what they do. I’m not really sure there’s room to add anything interesting.

eternalhsp : @CrateEntertainment Will we get a better item set or build support for warlock?
Well, Warlock sets are getting some updates so that counts I guess.

Syphin3 : its kinda scary how you have a date but you’re so unsure of your development time that you can’t release it even if you’re within 2-3 weeks of releasing a title…
I don’t know what you’re referring to exactly, we know exactly when it’s going to release and we know exactly when we’ll tell you the date. We’re under no obligation to tell it to you early. I feel no motivation for example to put more pressure on Allminoxy who’s already working his ass off. If he’s gonna need an extra day, I’m going to give him an extra day.

apouche_ : what it’s the part of GD that you worked on and are the most proudly of?
This question comes up a lot. I always give the devotion system as the thing I’m most proud of and I suppose that is still true, although that final boss that we just finished, hot damn. That is a fight I’m incredibly proud of and Allminoxy made it look beautiful. I wish I could take credit for those visual effects, but I cannot.

veryblackraven : Have you considered adding new classes later via DLC?
That would absolutely not happen. Classes are a monumental task to implement and each one gets more difficult than the last. So we not add something like that unless in a full expansion. Not to mention itemisation at this point is so full after adding 9 classes that it would just get ridiculous. I think it’s best for the game as a whole to stop at 9.

MLG_Pifu : @CrateEntertainment could the oathkeeper be played with a 2hander, or are the skills locked to using shields?
Absolutely make a 2-hander build with Oathkeeper. Oathkeeper does have a lot of shield support, but it is not a shield exclusive mastery. You can do Vire’s Might with a 2-hander, you can do Eye of Reckoning with a 2-hander.

GM #157 showed off a couple more of the new sets coming our way.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81111

So Zantai gave us an impromptu dev stream on the 27th February. As usual THE question was what was asked most so let’s get that out of the way first.

Rickjamesyies : the juiciest question available to date: when is the release date?
Well, it’s in March.

Hypocritcat : Has there been any performance optimization with this expansion? I know you’re limited by the games engine to an extent.
Game engine is a thing that is malleable. It can be changed however we like. It’s a matter of resources we’re prepared to dedicate to it. To answer your question though I think there’s actually a possibility that we’re going to get more optimization from the Xbox port coming our way. I’m not sure it’s going to make the release of the expansion or might be post release, but I do expect it’ll probably squeeze out a few more frames out of this thing for you guys.

Hypocritcat : I assume that with added constellations we’re going to see more points being available, or are we limited to what is currently there?
We’re not increasing the Devotion cap limit, it’s staying at 55 because I feel that it is actually in a very good place as it is and to give you more skill points we’d actually start to see more overlap in different builds. Whereas now it’s just so tantalizingly close to maximising another constellation. A few more points could make all the difference in that.

malawigw : is Judgement “pull monsters towards you” gonna work on bosses?
Most bosses are immune to knockdown so no, they will not be pulled in.

oshballz : what caused that hammer spinning around?
That’s a constellation known as Targo’s Hammer.

Zenny_X_Gaming : how’s the overall progress of FG coming along?
At this point we are wrapping up item art. I expect that will be done pretty soon, next couple of days I think. And then we’re going to be preparing to lock the build down for release and that’s why it’s coming in March.

MrSkill6969 : late march or early march!!???
That’s still up to some debate. We do want to get it some more time to test to make sure there are no issues for you guys to put up with when it’s released, you know smooth polish and all that. Also a matter of speaking to Valve, speaking to GOG Humble about release dates and how it’ll all work out kinda with them, whether they want to do any promotions, whether they want to promote it in any way which some stores do want to, I think GOG want to do something on that for sure, but that is the kind of discussion we’re now having.

TruGrzybas : any news / ETA on items and devotions update for grimtools ?
I’m going to say soon. I think the next build we’re going to push to playtesting will have everything so that is when Dammit, the creator of grimtools, will have access to that data and shortly after that we’ll probably give him permission to upload it to you.

ChrisGamingtv : @CrateEntertainment what is next? after this expansion ? new game or another exp ?
That remains to be seen. I’m not going to say with certainly what the next step will be. It will most likely be a different game. There will be some post release content updates. We’re almost certainly going to add more to our Shattered Realm mode for you guys, some new items.

AngryMoustache : are you invincible while charging?
No, you are not invincible. Odds are you’re going to dodge a lot of things coming at you when you do that because you are moving very quickly, but you can be hit by AoE’s and stuff.

JayNyne : did krieg get buffed?
I think I actually did bump up his health just recently because as we release more content and make some balancing changes a lot of the older bosses have actually fallen behind in terms of their health value and I felt that for example Krieg and other such like could use a bit of a boost ao yeah, I actually increased his health just recently.

BajiNaji : Is there creative burnout after developing the same game for so long?
I mean there is certainly something to be said about doing new to refresh your creativity a bit. I think I could see us coming back to Grim Dawn some day, either for a project that’s not necessarily an ARPG; it could still be set in the same world and maybe a Grim Dawn 2 some day, we’ll see.

ChthonicSonic : @Zantai_GD What will you devs be doing in the 2 weeks after release?
Well, we’re going to be looking out to see how the expansion’s doing for one, going to see if there’s any issues we can fix in short order.

Oh look, here’s a new guy. Maybe I should talk to him.

weriot4cobearz : @CrateEntertainment also, very excited to see the expansion boss of FG…heard you guys were very “proud” of this one.
I am personally very proud of how that boss turned out. I think it’s one of the most fun boss fights in the game that we’ve ever come up with.

Angelsergiuboy : and chance the next game will be a new Action RPG on a new engine? or you are done with Action RPGs for a while?
Well, we’re not going to make a game that competes with ourselves so not very likely we’re going to have another ARPG come out right after Grim Dawn. If we do another ARPG it would almost certainly be a Grim Dawn 2 and that’s going to take time.

emkyooess : Will 1.1.0.0 come same time as expansion, or a few days before?
Might be a few days before or same day, we’ll see how that works out.

Vods : @CreateEntertainment : Does Forgotten Gods change anything on the savegame structure that will require a Grim Dawn - Item Assistant update? And if so, will the creator of Item Assistant get the changes before release?
Yes, the save format is changing and yes, the creator of GDIA … actually no, that guy I don’t think is in there, but the Grim Internals guys is now in playtesting so he does have the stuff and the time. But I imagine GDIA will get updated pretty quickly for you guys, but that’s entirely up to the mod creator.

p44vo : any eye of reckoning chaos damage MIs?
There isn’t a Monster Infrequent, I believe there is a Legendary of it.

emkyooess : Is it me, or does Oathkeeper feel like a Commando, but all in one? Why so much narrow concentration on fire?
Not really sure what you mean, there’s a ton of physical damage on Oathkeeper. There’s transmuters that turn him into acid and vitality, so really we’re talking about supporting three different archetypes here. We’ve got physical, we’ve got fire, we’ve got acid/vitality. So I would say the Oathkeeper is very versatile in terms of damage choice. Fire did feel sort of like a logic direction to go with the holy archetype cause we literally don’t have holy damage in the game, but as I said you can transmute that damage and a lot of the skills aren’t actually fire.

JayNyne : any support for 2h melee pierce?
I believe so.

TruGrzybas : @CrateEntertainment are there any skill modifiers for judgement that would allow 100% uptime on aura dmg ? like reduced cd or increased duration ?
Definitely some cooldown stuff yeah.

ChthonicSonic : Are there already concrete ideas about games to be developed after the town builder?
Yeah, we definitely have some ideas of what we’re going to do next. Some things we’re excited to do.

AlexGabrielov : why was Crucible made to have these obstacles that make mobs be stuck/lose agro and make you lose a streak? why not just a flat area ?
Well, a flat area would not be that exciting to fight in, but if you have particular areas you think they are getting stuck on please report it as a bug and we can look into it.

Cologne_Steve : @CrateEntertainment Any news about the Xbox version? I hope the release is shortly after the release of FG
I don’t know if it will be shortly after, but it will be after the expansion because most likely we’re going to include everything and it all needs to be certified.

emkyooess : How soon are transmutes unlocked? How expensive are they?
Oh you’re talking about the set transmutation. There’s a quest in Forgotten Gods that unlocks that feature, I’d say it’s about halfway through the expansion. And as soon as you do that it unlocks everywhere. Actually I think it unlocks in the Crucible immediately because we don’t really have a way to check which tokens you have for the main campaign. So if you’re really desperate to do it right away you can just go to the Crucible.

Gunturan : Hey Zantai, why is the stream today instead of Friday, just out of curiosity?
It’s a bit impromptu I admit. I was just playtesting Oathkeeper today and it occurred to me I might as well just stream it for you guys so here I am. I think we might do an official stream this Friday in addition to this one. So you guys get two streams for the price of one, look at that.

morpheus____ : @CrateEntertainment is there any chaos love with Oathkeeper?
Primarily through gear, yes.

manitou_monster : Did you guys consider adding cosmetic items like the wings in Diablo 3?
I don’t think we’d ever add a new slot like wings. We do have the Loyalist pack which is a cosmetic helm if you’re into that. We might do another pack down the line because people like them a lot and I think having some more gear that matches those helms would be pretty sweet. Although I don’t know what the decision on that would be.

SkullFire58 : How many weeks ahead of release do you think you’ll announce the release date?
Not sure what Medierra wants to do on that. He needs to talk to the various store fronts and figure that out.

RoamerGFX : GD is awesome. And the only thing i don’t like - is the lack of displacement skills with fairly low CD (so the game could be more dynamic) @CrateEntertainment
Well, you’ll be happy to know that the expansion that’s coming has all sorts of movement abilities that don’t require targets so I guess that fulfils your one complaint.

EXTREMEGAMER29 : @CrateEntertainment Will the 64 bit version fix the 4 player extreme lag in crucible?
I don’t expect the x65 bit version of the game to make a substantial impact on people’s performance. It’s really about how the company uses memory, it doesn’t really change how the calculations are processed.

RoamerGFX : @malawigw with 10 sec CD and only 1 displacement skill for each character? Its not a dynamic
First off, yes it’ll be one per character unless another one through your masteries - for example Oathkeeper has one baseline. I could have another one through my medals. And they’re not 10 second cooldowns, I don’t know where you’re getting that from. They’re more like 2 to 5 second cooldowns and I will tell you that it’s plenty.

GrimTwitchery : Zantai - I don’t mean to poke but about how much development goes into a game like GD? or say the expansions either hour or money wise. I’ve always been curious about just how much goes into a game, say a mill, more? 10k man hours?
I could not tell you off the top of my head. It’s been about a year, a little over a year actually of a team of 6, 7 people working full time for over a year. And not a single one of us works just a 40 hour week. All of us here work at least 45 if not more and recently Allminoxy’s been pulling more than that.

EXTREMEGAMER29 : @CrateEntertainment How likely is Grim Dawn 2 in the future and have you thought about it?
Well of course we’ve thought about it. I’m not really sure how likely it is and certainly not any time soon. There’s gonna be at least a few other projects that have to happen before we really work on a Grim Dawn 2 and then the programmers have to get in there first, work out all the kinks, figure out whether we do a new engine or update this one.

Darkstalix : I always wanted to ask tho: if ever GD2 comes the mod-ability will be over right?
I honestly can’t answer that question. It really depends on what engine we’re doing, what it’s ability to be modded is. Are we doing online only or doing an offline and online mode rather like Diablo 2 did. I honestly can’t tell you right now.

Asskicker_5150 : it needs a new engine I hate the freeze and go.
If your game is stuttering that much, it might be something to look into on your end honestly, but a new engine doesn’t necessarily change that. And this engine can be updated to effectively be a new engine. this is TQ engine 2.0, that’s what you’re looking at when you play Grim Dawn.

gilavar : Any changes to MP difficulty in FG?
We did adjust multiplayer tuning a little bit for 1.1, I don’t think it’s going to be as much as some people want it to be because some people want some really high difficulty, but honestly there’s a mod that actually exists right that adjusts it.

ZZZi : any more xp leveling enhancements? besides lokarr set and malmouth xp potion
I guess you’ll just have to find out.

TwstedTV : @CrateEntertainment What coding language is GD coded in ??
GD is coded in C++.

Angelsergiuboy: are the milestones in the endless dungeon? or you always start at wave/lvl 1 there?
Every 5 Shard you will get a waystone that you can skip to in the future and you can craft those across all your characters.

Darkstalix : What about those 2 shadows in the Happy birthday thread?
What about them?

nomanual : how far did ppl reach in SR?
Playtesters have gotten to somewhere over a hundred, but that was actually before it was made harder. So it’s hard to say where they’d get now.

frogsarepeopletoo : at what shard is ravager gonna spawn?
Superbosses do not spawn in the Shattered Realm - for your sake.

Angelsergiuboy : any chance for a special boss that we haven’t seen at like wave 1000 or smt or like an easter egg or anything to make us feel good that we got that far?
I don’t think we’ll be doing a special boss that you only see at a certain wave. Honestly the amount of people that would see it at wave 1,000 or shard 1,000 would be typically nobody.

AdiosOcelote : if GD is coded in C++, why is LUA recommended or whatever in the modding tutorial?
Well because when you’re doing mods you’re not actually writing code. LUA is sort of hooked into the C++ so you have certain functions that exist that LUA can call which then run through the engine. But you’re not literally rewriting the engine when you’re doing LUA scripting. That’s kinda the difference between coding and scripting.

CapTripps : Can we see a non expansion that is/was changed to add mutators.
Sure. Welcome to Hallowed Hill which is now considered one of the challenge areas.

Xiphan : With regard to the infinity of the shattered realm does item rewards also scale appropriately so that you could effectively get to level 1,000?
Well, no one’s going to get to a thousand for one, but they do scale up as you progress. But you are going to get higher quality rewards than average if you get to Shard 80 than if you got to Shard 20.

lucidlucipher092 : Will we ever get mounts ?
We’re not adding mounts to an action RPG.

Rickjamesyies : i really want Oathkeeper to be able to convert all physical damage to fire, but i doubt it is possible LuL
Um, why not? Even looking at Vire’s Might here, the transmuter makes it all fire.

mordecai_mike : When you convert thorns to main hand damage does it do a set % amount of damage or can the conversion damage then crit?
It’s just like adding % weapon damage to your attacks.

emkyooess : Can we get all the mutators listed on a page in the Game Guide so we can study them and learn them?
That’s something that’s been on my list for a long time, but then I also have to get the artists to make me icons because the ones we use in the game aren’t exactly the same as the ones that we post on the Game Guide.

Locaron : how does the spin to win skill scale with attack speed? Does 100% attack speed make the spin tick all 0.1s? @crateentertainment
Yes, that’s what it’ll do.

Stream of the 1st March had a lot of repetition of stuff so I’ve picked out the new/relevant bits regarding the expansion.

What I will tell you about the release date is that we’re set on a release date, the only thing that’s left in terms of that is to finalise it with Steam. Once we are 100% lock down on Steam, when there’s no debate whatsoever that anything’s going to get pushed back for any reason, that’s when we’ll tell you the release date. But as of today, or even last night, we submitted our request for a release date with Steam and it just needs to go through the ropes with them.

ConstantinTrifonov : are there item support for warlock summoner in FG?
There are some items I guess that could qualify for Warlock support for pets.

SnowKJL : do you guys intent to keep working with Steam in future projects or going for own platform?
Considering Steam represents something like 95% of our revenue I think it would be ambitious and a little naive to start our own platform.

IvIumboJumbo11 : Tokens locked behind rep for new faction?
No.

evil_storm : @CrateEntertainment will you add your game to Epic Store?
Not sure it’s really worth it at this point. Our audience is primarily on Steam.

gaboonvyper : I’d heard you were doing more to make the controller fulfil all the functions (as you wouldn’t have a keyboard/mouse to fill in the gaps). Maybe things to help with inventory management or ability management for the limited buttons. I may be wrong.
Yeah, that’s probably likely so that’s happening for the Xbox, I suppose that will be brought to the PC version.

emkyooess : Do the witch god factions fight with each other?
In this endeavour they are united. A common front.

frogsarepeopletoo : can you be revered with all 3 factions on one character?
Yes, you can. You will not get all of their quests, but you can be revered with all three.

MACOH_TW : Will we get some joke items in hidden areas like there were in TK?
In any case I was actually going to mention in this stream this expansion has way more silly, fun, secret stuff for you to discover than all the rest of the game combined.

Oh that’s right. I guess you guys are getting this ahead of Monday’s post, but we’ve actually added 10 more levels to the Shattered Realm which means we’re up to 64 now. 64 maps for the Shattered Realm that we’re going to be releasing with. It doesn’t include the boss levels. Some of them are completely custom made for the Shattered Realm.

Well, even besides just doing an expansion, there’s going to be post release patches. We are going to do at least one pretty substantial content update that we’re thinking of, we’re going to possibly give you more Shattered Realm levels. Yep, probably some more gear like we’ve added Legendary items in the past though patches and will probably do the same thing this time so just because the expansion’s coming out it doesn’t mean you don’t have more to look forward to. There’s definitely going to be free content stuff on the way. We don’t know if there are going to be any more big DLCs because those do take up a lot more resources.

Just in terms of the story to be perfectly honest I feel like to do the story justice at this point we need to do something much bigger than an expansion. And there’s all this stuff, those of you who are paying attention to the dialogue will know Ulgrim and the Emperor, there’s something going on there, the Emperor’s son, those are all big stories that would really need a lot of dedication to do them justice. And how far you get from the capital would just seem insufficient.

EnigmaticUnknown : Are there any rule breaking/changing items like Spellscourge Bulwark being added?
There’s one I’m thinking of, think it might be a post release item though. But there is something that I 'm thinking of that fits that bill.

meowdimurro : Will there be more information on the hierarchy of gods / ascended in the game? for example, such a Ulgrim, Oleron, Empirion. Which of all these entities is the strongest. I mean some kind of “pyramid of power”.
Medierra : Ulgrim and Oleron are human ascended, they’re sort of like demi-gods, Empyrion is an elder god and far above them

jogardar : hey crate and stream, just tuned in - has the big question of ‘when’ been answered? or are we still endeavouring toward patience?
Medierra : release will likely be the last week of March if things go according to plan

morpheus____ : @CrateEntertainment are the mobility skills affected by cooldown reduction?
They are not. The ones from the runes are not.

That’s the other thing in the Shattered Realm guys, if you die the bosses go back to full. So there’s no cheesing bosses with several deaths in a row, you start over effectively. Unless you kill one of them.

mauric1us : @Medierra now you know why we need dual shields
Medierra : you’re right, I think it’s time to get dual shield in

So I used a waystone which means I actually get less loot if I finish on the same Shard I started. If you use a waystone you have to beat at least 2 Shards to get the full loot.

elrokos : @CrateEntertainment hey i want to ask why there is no chaos or aether dot in the game. every other damage type has a dot type
This is a decision that was made a long, long time ago and honestly I can’t remember the exact details of it.

raziel777779 : @CrateEntertainment hello, will be any optimization for pet builds in next patch? (hard to hit 60fps even with gtx 1070ti in 1080p)
I can’t say we’re doing anything specific. There is going to be some general optimization in the near future which Rhis is working on.
Medierra : lower FPS is part of the balancing for pet builds
Medierra : will add new graphics quality setting that reduces max pets allowed (big M trolling again)

Ram_Zed : What about channelling movement skill template (EoR), also usable by non-player characters?
Non-player characters can’t actually literally channel abilities, but we have in the past done enemy skill sets to imitate that behaviour where they’ll channel that ability for several seconds and just keep casting stuff at you.

leozar94 : does the mastery beside oathkeeper have baseline skill with the new retaliation interaction or they will need item to have it ?
Almost every mastery has some degree of that and we’re adding retroactively. For example, Soldier’s Counterstrike - a very logical place to put that - is getting that mechanic. Grenado’s one of them.

Cassandra112 : are the movement skills designed to be entirely movement only… or potentially primary attack skills, or proc deliverers as well?
I’d say a bit of both. Some of them are entirely movement only. So for example, there is a teleport set and all it does is it teleports you. It doesn’t do any damage or debuff enemies in any way, but it has the longest range and shortest cooldown of all the teleports. If you’re really interested in just movement and none of the other additions that they do you can use that one for example.

emkyooess : How nicely does the Oathkeeper/Nightblade two-weapon poison build play?
I’d say it plays pretty nicely. The Venomblade set is going to support that combo.

gaboonvyper : I hate to be the Xbone question guy, but I do have one more. Did you guys make any Directx upgrades to the GD engine when getting it setup on XBone? Or any other specific updates or modifications involved in the port?
Well, when we got the game working with DX11 that was to get it working on the Xbox so yes, we’ve already done that.

jogardar : @CrateEntertainment what would be the most simple class to choose with oathbreaker, for new players? and what skills would be good to choose for that kind of player
For a new player, you’re just starting out, don’t really know what you’re doing in the game yet, I would recommend you start with either Oathkeeper and Soldier or Oathkeeper and Demolitionist and as your kind of basic build you might want to do something. Well, it depends if you want to do heavier on Oathkeeper or heavier on the older masteries, but assuming you want to do heavier on the Oathkeeper if I were you I’d maybe say for a levelling build, depends again if you want to rush through things or you just want to have a lot of fun with what you’re doing, Aegis of Menhir/Vire’s Might combo. If you wanted to focus on rushing through you could focus entirely on Vire’s Might. Eye of Reckoning is higher up, that might be a bit tougher starting out because of having to rush to that first to unlock it.

emkyooess : Please tell me the 1.1.0.0 patch notes fixes the old auras-kill-your-team-mates bug, so components can get real auras again?
We have literally never once repro’d that at our end. It is the most elusive bug of Grim Dawn I regret to say.
emkyooess : What can we do to help you isolate that bug? Is there a chat command we can do to do a full memory dump or something?
It’s not going to be anything like that. If someone wants to help us isolate the bug we need a repro. That’s the key. We need a step by step how to make it happen. People tried to provide us with that in the past and not a single method of theirs worked. It must be some crazy combination of hardware and repro steps that we’re just not getting. It is frustrating because this has been an issue for us for years and I personally have spent hours trying to repro it.

kyleblake48 : how is the balancing of already existing items going to work with the oathkeeper? are items getting reworker, or is increases to oathkeeper skills getting slapped on?
A bit of both. I would say mostly added on. The thing about the items is a lot of items already support 3 masteries, adding a 4th just adds more variety, it doesn’t do anything stronger.

限界 (deepdelvefantasy) : How much will the Expansion be?
Medierra are you here? Can I tell them?
Medierra : no

prasdl : Any idea when we’ll be able to buy the expansion?
You’ll be able to buy the expansion when the expansion’s out.

weriot4cobearz : Now can you show the final boss?
I would be so pissed if someone leaked you the final boss before the game is out. That boss needs to be experienced the way we made it in that level. You do not want the final boss spoiled, you want to get there in the context of the story and you will leave satisfied. Cause that is one of our best fights, we’ve ever made.

GeneralChaosZ : @CrateEntertainment Can multiple Nemesis spawn on you in Shadow Realm at the same time?
Yep

FriendWontTellYou : @CrateEntertainment are you going to fix that one annoying thing, like when someone joins your game it lags for like a 20 seconds?
How long that pause occurs for is really dependent on your system and your connection. It’s not something we can magically make faster, at least not without some extensive changes because the reason you might not experience this in an online only game is because you’re connected to another server. The server’s handling all those details whereas in the case of Grim Dawn where it’s person to person you are the host and the player so when your computer is handling that connection then there’s a bit of a lag.

mekkimurran : does the WW skill scale with attack or castspeep?
It’s attack speed. In fact we added that to the skill tooltip to make it absolutely clear.

Innoruuk88 : can we change the lightning damage of eye of reck to burning damage?
No we cannot.
Innoruuk88 : i mean the 2nd skill soulfire. can we change this lightning damage with modifiers?
Modifiers can’t be modified by modifiers, that’s too meta. But you can convert it with conversion.

Gunturan : Hey guys, have you or anyone else experienced the inability to create a new character the 1st time? As in, I have to repeat the process twice in order for it to “take”.
I have seen reports of that, I wonder if it’s something to do with your Windows struggling to create the folder initially. So it tries to create a character and the folder doesn’t exist so it makes the folder for character saves and then you make another character and oh the character folder exists and the character gets created. I’m wondering if it’s something weird like that.

ChthonicSonic : @Zantai_GD Will finishing the FG content straight after dealing with Krieg, before continuing with the rest of the campaign, change dialogue, events and NPCs in Vanilla and AoM content?
Where it makes sense it will.

Greywrath : @CrateEntertainment will there be any choices in FG that will forever foreclose you from something like Direni or missable items
I guess the answer to that is yes. There are some areas in the world that you can only access depending on which faction you chose. However, if you join in multiplayer and different players have access to different factions’ content then you can all access together. For example if you have access to an Eldritch area that’s specific to Bysmiel and a player who chose Solael joins you, he could go in there with you and vice versa, you could go into the areas the Solael player has access to.

RoamerGFX : Will there be any option to sort the Characters in the list by yourself actually?
Probably not going to happen for this game.

gtonibaku : do mutators scales higher than ultimate difficulty inside the shattered realm?
Not sure what you mean. Mutators scale by difficulty and your level.

emkyooess : How much do the difficulty skip tokens cost?
I think it was about 100,000 iron bits off the top of my head, something along that range.

jogardar : @CrateEntertainment will you change existing items to add oathkeeper attributes? or do we get to farm oathkeeper items fresh from scratch?
Both. There’ll be new items and old items getting Oathkeeper bonuses.

Motorhead1975_ : Next Monday’s GM will be the last one before the FG release?
Yes, it will. After the next Grim Misadventure we’re going to slow down the frequency of updates as we focus on the expansion and its post release.

Greywrath : @CrateEntertainment will you be able to see the bonuses/items from each God faction before choosing them?
Yes, the vendors will be there for you to click on and interact with. However, you can earn reputation with all 3 so you’re not locked out of the other vendors. So you could say choose Bysmiel and still buy Dreeg gear.

Mikwuyma : will there be a vitality based righteous fervor legendary or set?
There are Legendaries, there isn’t a set.

dir1y : anyway we can get exp from quests turned into iron bits after max level?
No, we’re not going to do something like that.

ericxfb : would you say the choice between physique/cunning/spirit is now balanced post changes?
I don’t know that I’d call it balanced in a perfect sense, I think it’s much better. I definitely don’t feel as bad for end game characters putting some points into cunning or spirit as it used to feel, but the biggest reason for that change we’re making 1 for 1 - for those that don’t know the change we’re making spirit and cunning are going to give 1 health point for each in that attribute so they’re a little bit closer to physique. So the main goal for that change though was for characters that had to increase their cunning or spirit to meet gear requirements were not so far behind physique builds for health.

EXTREMEGAMER29 : @CrateEntertainment When did you know you wanted to do a second expansion for GD?
Pretty much right around when we were finishing working on Ashes of Malmouth we were like think it’ll be worth doing a second one. So we started contexting it right about that time and once we had the sales numbers, said okay definitely think it’s worth doing.

emkyooess : About what percent of GD copies sold did AOM get?
I think 22%, 24% which is great for an expansion.

Syphin3 : is there a item or set that allows us to spam (-100% cooldown) for Aegis Of Menhir so we have a shield throw build?
You can get Aegis of Menhir skill pretty short, but you cannot make it no cooldown. That is not the kind of playstyle it is.

Grava: I like how Medea keeps giving us the best spoiler that’s been in this entire stream.
Well, people keep asking this question, got it on paste.
Grava: I’ll say it aloud. Medierra says the release will likely be the last week of March if things go according to plan. There you go, I mean that’s huge, what more could you ask for.
Did he actually say that?
Grava: I mean Medea’s saying he said that. Medea’s lying, that’s the problem, right?
Yeah, Medea, why are you lying?

Me? Lie? I’m in tears, wounded, cut to the quick. :cry: I may troll a bit since I’ve had you two (and big M) to learn from, but for something this important? If anyone was lying it was the big guy himself, but it doesn’t read that way to me. And yeah, I had it on paste - only way to keep up with THE question being asked so many times. So I’ll repeat it once more

37.18 into the recording
Medierra : release will likely be the last week of March if things go according to plan

GM #158 gave us confirmation that, all being well, FG will be released during the last week of March. Also another couple of artwork show offs.

And Zantai has released a v1.1.0.0 preview

Big news from this 8th March stream of course was the release date: 27th March 2019. Price: $15.99 on Steam.

leonkillsashley : @CrateEntertainment Will FG receive a simultaneous release on GOG and Steam?
The answer to that is yes, they’re coming out at more or less the same time. We’ll try and coordinate that so they’ll be out in the same hour.

hodipeti : Retaliation Dmg added to Attack benefit from Life Steal if the skill has %Weapon damage? For example with Righteous Fervor’s modifier, Retribution.
The way life steal works with % weapon damage is it only benefits the % weapon damage part of your skill so the answer to that is no, retaliation will not benefit from life steal via weapon damage. If for some reason you had life steal retaliation, which doesn’t exist, then that would work.

ChthonicSonic : @Zantai_GD Retaliation Damage won’t be reflected when hit by melee attacks. Is Retaliation Damage added to Attack also not reflected?
Well, then you’re actually doing an attack so it would be reflected.

gaboonvyper : As a GOG user, I was so excited to see that I can now play with Steam users. What was the engineering solution to that?
Honestly I don’t know the specifics, it was almost as much a surprise to me as it is to you when I was talking to Rhis about it. It’s like “oh, that’s a thing? That’s interesting.” And I tested it with him, it does work so that’s pretty cool. It pretty much came about as a side effect of working on the Xbox port so thank the Xbox port once again for giving you guys an unexpected perk for the PC version.

GeneralChaosZ : @CrateEntertainment Is there going to be an item we can purchase that can transfer iron bits between characters in FG?
There isn’t anything like that at the moment, particularly because vendors actually have a market decay rate if you will that reduces how much money you get versus the item’s value so it wouldn’t work to just have an item, it would have to be entity themed direction which I keep forgetting to look into. I guess I’ll do that after this stream because I keep saying I’ll look into it.

spendaem : FG will be released on 27th March

alex3 : I seem to recall some performance improvements might be coming?
I did mention that there’s some likelihood of performance improvement that Rhis is working on, again some benefits of the Xbox port. But I’m not sure if it’s going to make patch 1.1 or going to have to wait until after.

noskeeper : How is the loot in Shattered Realm? Is it still just going to be worse for gear farming than crucible, sort of how campaign is now?
I think it’s going to be up to you guys to figure out how you feel about that. I think it’s going to be close to Crucible in terms of purple, but it is going to be pretty damned hard. So, you know, gotta weigh that against it.

mechinal : is the shattered realm legendarys a one time only drop or can we farm them"?
You talking about the set? It will drop as many times as you clear the areas that you need to earn it. But it is untradable. So don’t expect to give it to people who don’t go in there themselves. Earn it!

MarxoneX : how is Iron Farming and vendor item prices in FG? any changes to farm iron faster?
Well, if you might have looked at our preview of the patch notes that are coming in 1.1 since the loot filter is coming we are actually going to reduce the sell value of items and we’re going to increase the iron drops out in the world. And I will tell you it basically makes me not really care about any items I’ve filtered out because I still make a good amount of money without having to worry about it.

ChthonicSonic : @Zantai_GD How’s play testing going?
Playtesting is going good. We’re confident enough in it that we’ve set a release date internally. It’s solid, it’s pretty much bug free. The last bugs that were of concern have now been fixed that are going to go into playtesting soon so it is good.

Jyih : So, when will you externalize that internal release date? Give you maybe give us a date when you’ll tell us the date?
36.30 Medierra : 27th

drazac : I understand that you don’t balance game around Crucible. but when it was introduced and people started judging the builds based on how fast the clear time is, one thing become quite obvious. The ones who have the ability to life leech (life steal) will have the most success while the builds that focus on magic spells that don’t have weapon damage component to it, can barely cope up with higher crucible levels, due to inability to leech from the attack. At that stage, why didn’t you include weapon damage.
There are plenty of builds that don’t do weapon damage that do well in the Crucible so I don’t think that’s entirely true. I think there are certain builds based on weapon damage that are currently too effective in the Crucible which is why patch 1.1 is making some adjustments to them.

MACOH_TW : @Zantai_GD can you change the proc on Ghol’s gloves to smth else than “on crit”. Most pet build simply don’t have enough OA to be able to proc 30% on crit
I will not change it.

ChthonicSonic : Is there a special place in Korv(aaki)an Inferno for Inquisitors who have sided with the Order?
You will find that certain NPCs will not be too happy with you. Very, very unhappy.

cibbo : did the date was announce? @CrateEntertainment
Grava: yes the date was announced.

ReplayQ : why rip nex-ortus players guys?
We didn’t rip nex-ortus players. I’ve said this before, every time there’s a patch and you get to see the changes in advance, just try the changes first and then complain about that build. And if you’re correct and I’m wrong, that something is dead, then we will make changes so they’re not dead, but I will not accept the fact that someone looked at the patch and said dead build.

indhop : how does retal damage added to eye of reckoning work? full value to every tick?
I would be every tick. I mean that’s how it works for any channelled skill.

morpheus____ : @CrateEntertainment is dot retaliation damage also added by retaliation damage added to attack?
Yes, any sort of retaliation damage you have would be added to that mechanic.

Mikwuyma : oh btw is there a vitality-based righteous fervor set/legendaries being planned?
I don’t think there’ll be a set, I’m sure there’s some gear support though.

VanisherXP : does FG include new “funny” equipment like cauldron of excitement or gazer man?
I’m going to let you figure that out for yourself.

Forgotten Gods has a lot of little secrets for you to discover. I would say as many or more than base game and Ashes combined. And there is a secret in the game that the playtesters haven’t even found yet. It’s so secret they don’t know how to find it, so I wish you good luck internet. There’s still one secret they haven’t discovered. They don’t know where it is, they don’t know how to get it

morpheus____ : its so secret it doesn’t even exist
No, it’s not quite that bad. It definitely exists, I tested it, it works. It’s just very obscure. I wish you guys good luck. It’s the most obscure secret in the game.

FlamingX21 : I will call CEO of create and ask where is the secret
Here’s the thing, Medierra doesn’t know where it is or how to get it.

FreezardB : is this gonna be like binding of Isaac where people data-mined the obscure secret and ed mcmillen went off on the community and took stuff out because of it?
No, I am not going to edit something out of the game because you guys data-mined it. I feel if you data-mine it, you’re just ruining it for yourself. You’re going to ruin your own fun.

EverybodyLovesMagicWandah : Zantai the paladin mastery is more sword and board or pistol’s oriented? (if pistol’s is the focus) maybe we can get some 2h synergy or sword and board synergy?
The Paladin combo is whatever you want it to be.

phtephens : do you lose xp on death in SR?
Well, it’s just like dying anywhere else.

EXTREMEGAMER29 : @CrateEntertainment In regards to crafting, there are many crafting mats that are used more than others. for example, blooms and brain matter are used a lot more in crafting items. Will that be fixed in the future?
The distribution of such things is actually pretty even, it depends on what you’re exactly looking to make. In terms of blooms they are very commonly used just because they’re used for all the new components we added for Ashes of Malmouth and that is not going to change because that was done intentionally.

ChthonicSonic : @Zantai_GD Does the SR have cosmic levels as shown in a GM a while ago and in the gameplay trailer?
Um, if you’re talking about what I think you’re talking about then yes it does.

Sinnfullduck : @CrateEntertainment Does the new % Healing Received effect health regen and ADCTH or just skills that heal you such as word of renewal?
Potions, life steal, Word of Renewal or any sort of healing skills. I don’t think health regeneration.

Flutx : where is the release date lebowski?
Yeah Medierra, when is the announcement? When are we telling them? When is the announcement of the announcement?
Medierra : I already said it in chat
Medierra : no one noticed
You already said it in chat? What? No one noticed?
Medierra : now its a secret
Medierra : will have to data-mine the chat for it
keith0622 : I saw the release date that Medierra posted it was March 27th

bigpapabear888 : will we ever have player resistance values mitigate the effects of certain ground hazards (chaos, aether, etc.)?
I mean you already do. Any sort of damage absorption does mitigate it.

Sinnfullduck : @CrateEntertainment is shattered realm going to be a difficult way to level?
It’s going to be a more challenging way to level because you’re going to be fighting more powerful monsters than you would in the campaign setting. But it does give a lot of XP.

Freemason_Templar : @CrateEntertainment when the game is released will y’all be releasing a bundled version with all content? i want to buy the game for friends but want to wait to see if there will be a bundle coming
Medierra : will probably do a “gold” version or whatever in the future with everything included

Xiphan : I know what you need to do to access FG. I mean when you use one of those merits you get all the attribute and skill points as if you had played through normal and elite, I was just wondering if they also include rewards from the FG content so you don’t need to go back and replay FG on lower difficulty with a character that is already on ultimate.
There aren’t any rewards on Normal and Elite in Forgotten Gods that you would miss out on if you just started Ultimate. It’s just like Ashes of Malmouth, you don’t need to feel compelled to go back on Normal and Elite and play through the content. If you’re on Ultimate difficulty with a character then just start Ultimate difficulty, go right in, you’re not going to miss any rewards that are critical to your build.

Nitrocide17 : Is there already a shattered realm map that takes advantage of the Malmouth Sewers environment?
Yes, there is.

weriot4cobearz : @CrateEntertainment patch before or on release date?
I will tell you it’s almost for sure going to be before.

DenisMashutikov : I JUST FOUND IT! Release date at the last week of March. So we have Epic boots: The Final March. Boots is c007_torso.dbr file. Two Zero Seven => March 27 Confirmed!
That’s such a good conspiracy theory I almost want to tell him if he’s right or wrong Medierra. That’s kind of hilariously good. I think he earned it.

Darkstalix : Xbox players will be able to play with steam-gog?
I’m guessing there won’t be because the versions are not quite the same.

Razzle81 : Will there be a way to level up faster then with s potion for testing builds? Cause I’ve got like 1000hrs on ten characters and I want to test my other legendaries
There will probably be a means to acquire some additional items for increasing XP gain. Maybe, possibly.

Your final questions before we sign off for today. After that beautiful conspiracy theory if he hasn’t said anything I don’t know what you guys are going to do.
1.30.34 Medierra : I already said the release date and someone reposted it
What? I keep not seeing this repost claiming this happened. You’re lying, lying to me.
Medierra : date is in the stream at least 3 times lol
Date is in the stream 3 times, I don’t believe you. If you claim the date is in the stream 3 times I will just say it right now, on stream. And then you can’t get mad at me when I say it. Cause you’re now claiming it’s been said and no one noticed. I’m going to do it, I’m going to fucking tell them the price and the release date. I’m going to do it.
keith0622 : Medierra said it was the 27th of March
Medierra said it was the 27th of March? Oh my god he did, he said it. There you go, it’s in the chat. I’m fucking saying it. It’s coming March 27th on Steam and GOG and on Humble. March 27th for $15.99, get your Forgotten Gods on, take your vacations now.

So yeah, Medierra did say the date - and nobody noticed. :o

Given how embarrassed we must all feel about that I know what we need - a fluffernutter with pineapple in it. That’ll make us all feel better. :wink: :smiley:

And yeah, the above doesn’t come over half as well as it does in the stream so do watch and have a laugh.

And Zantai confirmed it on the forum.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81465

Don’t think there’s much new in the 15th March stream, but I’ll go over it tomorrow to make sure.

No, didn’t hear anything that hadn’t been said already. You should be proud of him Zantai. :stuck_out_tongue:

However Grava did manage a little spoiler to whet appetites. Where can this be found I wonder?

GM #159 gave us news of some upgrades to 4 older sets, new fxs for some skills and AAR will have pierce capability in patch 1.1.2.0 and there’s a new rogue-like dungeon on the way in a future patch.

The stream on the 19th April showed off changes to some of the sets from GM #159 plus some skill changes. It also had some interesting background to how some of the characters went from insignificant NPCs to major players in GD’s story.

Hillhome : how is Dawnshard not a set?
Primarily so we could put in some separate bonuses that didn’t necessarily align perfectly between them so we could support different classes. But visually we wanted them to have a matching appearance because have a full Dawnshard look seemed like a good idea to me.

Patch out towards the end of this month, if not then early May for sure.

Sinful_me : xbox one release date?
Can’t give you a date. I can tell you it’s probably coming later this year, still needs to go for certification, still some tech work to be done. Basically we had to wait for the Forgotten Gods expansion to be finished and then we could proceed further with that.

freakgallery : @CrateEntertainment I know it’s too too early but , did we get 3rd expansion ??
I definitely can’t promise you anything like that at this time. I can tell you that collectively, between all of the DLCs and the base game, Grim Dawn has now surpassed 3 million copies which is incredible for an indie company.

rebel7254 : Merit tokens work for mods in next patch??
Merit tokens will work with mods just as the programmer told you in the thread that you’ve asked.

So there are 4 sets we’re redoing for the next patch for Forgotten Gods which actually apply to Grim Dawn and Ashes of Malmouth so those who haven’t been keeping up with our dev updates we’re reworking the Clairvoyant set, the Ulzuin set, Iskandra set and the Bloodrager set, which coincidently are sitting here right in front of me.

smokeejoe : Don’t change ULZUIN!!!
Well, here’s what I have to say about Ulzuin. I found that the original idea could be made to work if we kept forcing it, but there’s a lot of other options for Fire Strike already and those that were hurt by the changes to Ulzin we’ve actually shifted over to other items so you can still have that skill bonus support, and instead we’ve tried to make Ulzuin a lot more unique and interesting and I’ll show you guys in a bit. I think it’s one of the more fun ones of the 4 that we’ve done here. It definitely brings out the meaning of what it is to support Ulzuin.

rgScupper : Will hand shrine before Eldritch Gate have its secrets?)
The hand shrine before the Eldritch Gate is used to worship Korvaak back in the days when the temple served its purpose. That no longer happens since the temple’s a ruin and the people who worshipped it are dead.

valaki8 : any plans of fine tuning the loot filter? like some kind of AND condition instead of OR?
The philosophy of the loot filter was to keep it straightforward. Not to make it so complex someone would have to look up a guide on how to use the loot filter. So there’s definitely some more powerful options that you guys are asking for; I’m not sure we’re going to go through with adding them because that might start to get way too complicated.

deathspank139 : Hey Zantai, could you check Valdun commando? It kinda feels underwhelming and besides Valdun tactician is way more powerful
I think we made some adjustments to Valdun, not sure they’re Commando specific.

Corvekson : If the question hasn’t been asked/answered already, did FG meet or exceed your expectations in regards to sales, etc?
I will tell you Forgotten Gods is doing very well for sales. It has certainly already paid for itself in terms of development costs so at this point we are making a profit on the expansion which is great. I think last we talked about sale numbers for Forgotten Gods it was over a hundred thousand copies sold which was excellent. I’m not sure it pushes us into oh my we have to make a third expansion, but we’ll see how that goes.
sheem999 : about sell of Fg copies, are you happy with it like did it sell over your expectation or?
I would say it’s pretty much on par with what we were expecting. It’s done very well, first for us so far. As I mentioned earlier it’s currently making a profit for Crate which is excellent. So keep spreading the word to your friends, guys, and get those copies out there.

CrystalNix : will there bi any changes to shattered realm ?
Yes. That is one of the big things we are doing in this next patch. First up is we’re actually rebalancing the loot distribution, kind of pushing it back towards the lower shards so it actually starts out considerably more rewarding then it smoothly progresses back to the same rewards it has now at shard 60 or so. So if you haven’t been getting quite up there you’ll find the Shattered Realm much more rewarding.

In addition we actually shifted the difficulty a bit as well. We’ve lowered the health scaling started at the first shard all the way up to 60 and we reduced monster physical damage all the way through all the Shattered Realm.

In addition we’ve revised the monster spawn for bosses so that you’re not going to see some of the really tough ones early on and you’re not going to see duplicates of really tough bosses ever. For example Grava’Thul with his dispel, you’ll never see two of him. Or I don’t think you’ll ever see two Kaisans or two Korvaaks.

First up we have the Clairvoyance Set. It’s been reworked almost completely, it still supports some of the skills it did before, but it’s much more focussed as a set now. It no longer does the generic bonuses it did before and instead it focusses on vitality and aether damage.

Softlight : Is the piercing AAR only exclusive for the Clairvoyant set?
It is not. As I mentioned it is baseline to Aether Ray.

gachibass_chechnya_kavkaz : Could you share with us what’s gonna be in the next expansion/GD 2 in terms of storyline/lore, at least a bit?
I’m not sure I should really talk about that because I’m not sure when or if it’s going to happen. I mean I can give you some ideas of threads we might pursue. For example there is the whole thing with the Emperor, the capital, with the Sun (son?), Ulgrim seems to be a special guy too. The Witch Gods seem to have gotten their way - what does that mean for the future of Cairn? What will happen to the future of Kymon’s Chosen? That Sigil?

FinnigansBread : Can you tell us where in FG we’ll enter the 5th rogue-like dungeon?
You will enter it from a place you can’t access yet because it doesn’t exist.

FicWader : @CrateEntertainment why did the witch gods run away like they were scared of us when we took care of korvaak? Were they scared we’d usurp eldritch realm from them?
In that case I suggest you kinda think about what happens when Korvaak is defeated. And what that really means.

deathspank139 : Last question from me for today and a humble request - Can Maw of Enaht be entered or will be in the future? and request - add Olerons set in the future, please Thank you in advance
Um, let me give you a little sneaky. If I can find it.

How about that. So, still a work in progress keep in mind, but I’ll let you figure out whether you’ll be entering the Maw of Enaht or not in the future.

Now that Aether Ray pierces, is damaged nerfed?
Yes, on the base skill damage is actually going to be lower. We needed to do that because otherwise you would have a crazy high damage skill that pierces through the whole screen.

Nitrocide17 : Drain essence doesn’t pierce though, because it branches out to nearby targets, correct?
Correct.

apouche_ : what is the process of updating items and skills? who and how do you decide what needs to be updated and what not
I suppose it’s sort of a reactionary process. Some of the things we want to update visually is just looking back at the older things in the game and do stuff ourselves because we’ve done better at making that stuff or we made things a long time ago that we didn’t have time to update and now we do actually have some time to update them. So Aether Ray looked okay, I think it could have been done better so we updated it. Doom Bolt in sore need of a visual update considering how much we’ve done to lots of other similar spell effects. So we took this opportunity, particularly as we were reworking the Clairvoyance set. Because we were reworking the set the philosophy there has generally been to try certain playstyles, if they pan out make sure they’re viable. If they’re not panning out then might be time to consider a rework. And we’ve done that on several items in the past, it just seemed like those sets in general have always been either struggling or they just weren’t that powerful or interesting to play with so that’s why we finally decided to take a look and update them.

rgScupper : any news about City Builder?
It’s turning out great. We recently got a website up and running for it internally. It still needs some content added to it, but it’s getting to the point where we can hopefully show it off to you guys pretty soon. That’s ultimately up to Medierra though.

SkrunchyCakes : @CrateEntertainment How come the shrine in Steps of Torment (Ultimate) is 10x more difficult than any other content until one gets to Malmouth? Seems to be very off-balanced (and has killed every character I’ve hit it with).
There’s actually a story with that particular shrine. From beta there was actually a bug with that shrine that made it spawn a cluster of these bone monstrosities that would attack you all at the same time and that shrine was insanely difficult, but people actually kind of liked it. So we kinda of left in a more subdued version of that as an homage to beta if you will.

skipperx83 : is the CDR reduction chance gone @clairvoyant set?
It’s gone as a general bonus, but it’s still there for Doom Bolt.

apouche_ : what is the one thing you wish you could do (or redo) if you had all the resources in the world?
I would definitely redo the bounty system.

Corvekson : Any chance of Conflagration getting a little boost in damage as well? Really awesome fire beam spell that I feel gets left behind in regards to 90% of the fire stuff already out there.
Well Conflagration has pierce now so it’s damage is comparable to Aether Ray in that regard.

lurking_btw : would you ever consider adding a pvp mode for grim dawn?
Well, pvp exists. We’re never going to balance the game around it, but you guys are welcome to make a mod to balance pvp.

windymindy : is there any reason to get more than 135% movement speed?
It does actually give you a buffer against movement speed reduction effects so that is an option. Of course slow resist is a better option, but that I guess is why you could push over the 135% as a buffer to slow resist.

Right Ulzuin set. So Ulzuin previously supported Fire Strike which is fine. Fire Strike isn’t the most dynamic playstyle, it’s an auto attack build. It worked, I think it was okay. We tried to push it a little bit more in previous patches to improve it’s support, but at the end of the day it was just okay. I wasn’t very excited about it and I kind of thought about what it means to embody Ulzuin’s rage and the answer to that is fire everywhere. Fire from the heavens, fire from the ground, fire around you in explosions, that’s what it would be to worship Ulzuin in a set like that. So, with that in mind we set out to do this. Now this set is set to support Canister Bomb and it’s kinda pretty fun, not to mention giving you a ton of points to Ulzuin’s Chosen, you know a set called Ulzuin should probably support Ulzuin’s Chosen.

SkrunchyCakes : @CrateEntertainment Are you considering adding Alternative Advancement to the game for people who love playing their L100 character? Reputation and Items are great, but once one has BiS gear and maxed reputation, there really isn’t much of a reason to continue playing the build. Curious if you want people to be able to progress their actual character beyond 100.
Fundamentally no. I personally dislike the endless progression that other games have done. I feel there actually should be an end point where you look at a character and say this is awesome and I made it as awesome as possible. And now I’m going to move on to a different character, a different playstyle and make that as awesome as possible.

Dino_Thunderlung : So these changes to existing items, are they retroactive, or do we have to find the items again to get the updated changes?
These are retroactive. I don’t feel it’s really fair for you to re-hunt items you’ve already acquired just because we decided to redesign them.

Alarius : @CrateEntertainment are u going to expand a bit the boss arenas in sr, as of now to me they seem a bit too small
They vary in size. I think they’re in a pretty good place. The most difficult shards for example have arenas that are potentially as big as the Crucible arenas are.

Corvekson : Will the meteor effect from Herald of the Apocalypse and Ulzuin’s Torch receive this meteor visual change? Or is that being kept to Ulzuin’s set?
This particular visual is in Ulzuin’s set.

bigpapabear888 : I think we’re getting close to the point where GD2 makes more sense than another expansion
That is honestly probably true. In terms of telling a nice big chapter of the story it probably makes more sense to start a sequel.

FicWader : @CrateEntertainment will you consider making the game one bigass act if you add another expansion, like PoE did? Cause atm, if you want to play for “completion”, it gets a bit bloated with 3 diffs now with 2nd expansion
Here’s the thing. In terms of difficulty progression I actually don’t like the setup of having one difficulty because then we have to actually make the game really difficult even for casual players. I wouldn’t want the endgame of the main story to feel like Ultimate difficulty for a casual player, I don’t think that would work at least for our audience. However, with this edition of the expansion you don’t actually have to play them to Ultimate difficulty. And finally, we’ve added difficulty skip tokens in Forgotten Gods so if you want to roll new characters you can just send those tokens over to them from your main characters that have already been in those difficulties and you can just skip right ahead.

apouche_ : how do you evolve the lore ? is there one of you that takes the lead and other give input or is kinda of everyone throwing ideas kinda thing!
Some of it is organic as we develop the game, things kind of float to the top that seem fun and interesting. For example, the best example I can give you that comes up whenever this question is asked is Daila Thornsbury from Homestead, was originally just a little flavour NPC. All I did was I wanted to come up with a side quest just to add a little bit more to the world; she wanted her diary back. And in the diary you get a lore note that talks about this, you know, crazy story underneath the weeping oak and people liked that so much that they wanted to know what the next chapter is. So when we worked on the secret quest for the base game I thought, well why not keep going with that. And then we added her brother Dravis and his pursuit of power and that kept building on until Dravis become a core part of the main story in Forgotten Gods. I think that’s kind of awesome.

Similarly with Order of Death’s Vigil and Kymon’s Chosen, those came about organically as well. They were originally this sort of cult that formed in the Arkovian Foothills and all you did was find their abandoned homes because they moved on to some other place. So that was a story that was started then when we were adding factions to the game during beta we thought why not expand on that. So we added Kymon’s Chosen as zealots, the fervent worshippers of Empyrion (or Korvaak) and then we needed some to kinda counter that, offer people an alternative so that’s how the order of Death’s Vigil came about. And playing off of that we already had this character Uroboruuk that was created for the lore of Old Arkovia so why not read that into it and then he became sort of the founder of the order of Death’s Vigil.

In terms of creating the ongoing lore I’d say Medierra has the final say on things because it envokes the world he created originally. I stumped up a lot of the lore for the expansion, the course of where the story went, talking with him, discussing what works and what doesn’t. There are some ideas that were supposed to be in the first expansion, but we cut them because the expansion was getting too big and it was way too big, even after we cut those things. But then some of things ended up in the second expansion, some things didn’t make it in at all yet because they were too big. So yes, a sort of innovative back and forth process, all the designers had their share of writing lore notes as well.

weertangel : yeah, about those Tokens, isn’t it better to add some devotion points to them? course to get all dev points u pretty much need to replay the skipped difficulty anyway which seems a waste of the token @CrateEntertainment
There’s actually enough shrines on Ultimate difficulty you can get all 55 points. We made sure of that.

Right, the Bloodrager set. This did not require as much reworking as the other sets, but it did need just some tweaks to make it just that little bit better. So first off, the big thing we’re doing here is adding Nightblade support for the set. It might seem like a logic choice to add to a bleed heavy set so that’s what we did. The other big thing the Bloodrager set bonus. It used to be that it would trigger on killing a monster which is cool in the Crucible and works pretty well generally in the campaign, but if you’re fighting one on one against a boss and that boss doesn’t have adds whatsoever then that set bonus does nothing for you. So to improve on that what we ended up doing is creating two Bloodrage effects. First you have the Bloodrage on the set bonus. That now triggers on crit so if you crit an enemy you’re going to get this boost to your damage and you can keep it perpetually going as long as you’re critting enemies. Second, we’ve added the same “on kill” effect that you used to have on the set bonus to the helmet. And what that does for you, if you do a little bit more damage, it also gives you sustain. It gives you health regeneration and it heals you. So every time you kill an enemy every 5 seconds you’re going to get that little bit of health, you’re going to get that health regeneration and once again you can keep that going perpetually and we increased the duration of it to 15 seconds so you can actually keep it going quite a bit longer past a dead enemy. What it does mainly st make this set much more predictable in terms of its damage output. You’re no longer reliant on other adds in a boss fight.

chazinomaha : Have you considered adding Reflect Damage Reduction on this set? Bleed reflect can be brutal
I’m actually surprised no one’s asked. The biggest thing changing with retaliation stuff is there are some items that are over performing, it’s no surprise to anyone I think, and I physical retaliation is a little too easy to stack which again we expected was going to happen when we changed all the pierce retaliation to physical. But mostly we wanted to get it out to you guys, get you playing physical retaliation, see how the retaliation mechanic worked and come up with some builds. As expected, some of them were a little bit too strong so we’re going to reel those in, hopefully without hurting anyone else’s builds too much or at all.

footballgate : Will you show one of the new set?
I can’t because they’re not in the data yet. But I can tell you they’re coming in patch 1.1.3.

FicWader : @CrateEntertainment does our character “ascend” just along his journey as he amasses power, or is there something else to it also from lore perspective?
If you’ve read some of the lore notes, I think the one you’re referring to is Inquisitor Creed’s speculation that the main character may be on their way to ascendancy as well. What comes of that I guess we’ll see.

Darkstalix : Man please rethink making Wind Devils like blade spirit…so boring to keep spamming them
Well, Blade Spirits and Wind Devils fulfil different roles and Wind Devils are a spell.

ldhh902 : @CrateEntertainment is there any fix for people who crash in SR? lootwise
Yes, we have a fix in the works. It required some significant changes on the code end because of what it was caused by, so it wasn’t just something we could just throw in a hotfix. So it’s coming this patch, I hope it resolves this issue for you guys, it’s obviously not affecting everybody so was a little bit more difficult to find than your average crash. But I do hope it fixes this issue for you guys when the patch comes out pretty soon.

chloroformcongo : can you tell us more about how the Boss constellations are generated with the new Patch?
By constellations do you mean combinations? So the way bosses are selected in the Shattered Realm, we have several tiers. We have easy bosses, medium bosses, hard bosses and very hard bosses. Very hard is actually a new category we’ve added specifically for this next patch. Certain bosses in that category will only ever appear once on a floor and they will start appearing much later in the Shattered Realm, but that’s part of the issue as well as some of the hard bosses were spawning pretty low in the shard levels so we decided to move them out of there. So you’re not going to be encountering that occasional spike in difficulty, it’s going to be much smoother.

dasQuintus : Will there be more cold retaliation support in the future?
If you were paying attention to the recent patch notes we consolidated all retaliation effects into effectively 4. You’ve got physical, you’ve got acid, you’ve got fire and you’ve got lightning. If it’s not one of those 4 it’s not going to get more support. We’d like to keep it focussed on those 4 so that when you are making a retaliation build you know there’s gear support for it, you’re not making a really niche attempt.

Chorripan : may have been asked already but do you have any plans to tweak 2 handers a bit to make them more competitive?
I think that’s something that’s going to have to be touched on in a case by case basis. We have updated several two-handers for the next patch to make a bit more competitive.

359Titus : any chances for steam workshop support in the future?
Probably not. We looked into it and it seemed like more work than it’s worth at this point.

woodjh : Would you as a developer at Crate, at this point would you like to make Grim Dawn sequel instead of more expansions?
From a business perspective we’d do whatever made more sense. I’m not sure a sequel would happen any time soon in any case, but in terms of story telling a sequel probably makes more sense than an expansion. If we did an expansion it would probably be more of a side story like expanding the world lore rather than proceeding with the story of the Aetherials and Chthonians. The Witch Gods still kinda fit, they tied into the war of the gods, they tied into some of the threads we started in the base game and Ashes of Malmouth so that was a great story to tell. I think it was a great point to stop on, but in terms of progressing the main story further I think it would make more sense to do a sequel.

Sashischade : Who is Gogo the Chaotic Mellon?
So during beta we had some people who reached out to us, there were two instances of that where someone had passed away and they were a real big fan of the game and one of their friends wished to kind of put an homage into the game to kinda immortalise them and their enjoyment of the game when they were still around. The first was Praetorian Zedlee, it was a pretty touching story of someone who’s father was unfortunately passing away from cancer, I believe it was cancer, and he was hospitalised at one time, but he would ask his family to give him updates on what was going on on the forum, the game was just left running on his computer whenever he couldn’t play just so he could get back to playing where he had stopped. So we just wanted to give back a little to that guy and it was the best we could do. Unfortunately, the game wasn’t going to be done in time for his father to play, but at least we could have that NPC in there forever defending humanity against threats. Gogo the Chaotic Mellon was actually a similar situation, but someone said he wanted his username to be immortalised which is why the gravestone.

(For those who want to know more about Praetorian Zedlee the thread link is here)

angelskar : Isn’t the next decision you have to make which game to develop the hardest to do in your business?
That definitely has a lot of thought going into it in terms of what we should as a company do next. We had already discussed that prospect a long time ago and what that would be so I am actually starting to ramp up on something else that will hopefully some day be a project you’ll be playing. When, we’ll see and what it is, we’ll see. We’ll talk about that when we’re ready.

RektbyProtoss : what will the overguard nerf exactly be ? @CrateEntertainment
Big change Overguard. First stop, reduced cooldown. We’re going to reduce the stun duration scaling starting at 100% and going up in rank and finally the shield recovery is going to be nerfed, but you can get some of it back through Markovian’s Defense. In addition Markovian’s Defense is actually going to reduce the cooldown more, but it’s going to affect retaliation damage. Markovian’s Defense is going to be the tanky option. If you want to be a really tanky character, for example you might want to be tanking for other characters in multiplayer, this is your choice. But if you want to do damage then Markovian’s Defense is not going to be ideal. And that is something players were actually taking advantage of in their retaliation builds. They would take this transmuter, get all the perks but none of the consequences because the skill modifier did not affect retaliation. Now there’s a new stat that does.

RektbyProtoss : these changes have you considered buffing shield devotions a bit to make shields a little bit universally better?
To answer your question yes, Shield Training is going to be a little weaker and devotions supporting shields are going to be a little stronger. So we’re taking some of that Soldier shield power and giving it to everybody.

princexavier123 : when will you stop supporting gd1?
We have several patches lined up for you guys so there’s still a lot to look forward to. How long we support GD really depends on how GD sales are going. As long as sales are coming in it makes sense to keep things updated to keep the community engaged and keep sales going. Ultimately it’s a financial decision.

GM #160 gave us a preview of the new sets coming our way in v1.1.3.0 plus there’s also a new Loyalist Pack being made.

The dev stream of the 24th May showcased the 5 new Legendary sets revealed in GM #160.

atamanir : what about new dungeon ??
You are referring to our 5th rogue-like dungeon. It’s coming, it’s being actively worked on. It’s going to be a lot of work, cause rogue-like dungeons take a lot of work. There’s also a whole lot of build up to that dungeon that we have to create so as I mentioned in the little road map that we posted about a month ago this is going to relate to Riggs, the character in the Conclave of the Three, who gives you a few things, you know, for free and there are a few strings with that. And when one of our updates later on comes out, I believe it will in 1.1.14, then he going to come and ask for a little something in return and that’s going to involve sending you off to what will be the 5th rogue-like dungeon. And a few things along the way.

Fragonarsh : Is the new dungeon in the maw in the desert? (the star wars creature)
It’s not in there, but you might end up in there … for some reason.

rygoukh : Zantai, are there any plans for some “adventure mode” for leveling without playing the story maybe?
I don’t think we’d ever do something like that. I think if you actually desperately want to level without doing the same content you can go to the Crucible, go to the Shattered Realm. The Shattered Realm actually gives quite a bit of XP compared to other stuff.

Alright, first off we have the Dunefiend set. This is a dual wielding set that, even if you’re not playing a dual wielding class you can still gain the ability to do so through the helmet.

silentwrath777 : mr zantai is that true that items in GD cant roll perfect values on every rollable modifier on same item?
I’d really have to dig into the seed mechanics, that is how items determine the set, but I’m fairly sure that is in fact true, you cannot roll what would be considered a “perfect” item. Besides statistically the odds of rolling such a thing, even if it were possible, would be so astronomically low that you shouldn’t really count on it.

Dual wielding, that’s important because you have two swords in this set. You have the Slicer and the Dicer - Dunefiend Blade.

All these items are built around you playing with Shadow Strike, Eye of Reckoning and you can support yourself with Blood of Dreeg which will give you additional offensive stats and actually increase the healing output of Blood of Dreeg to give you better sustain.

Stonewall6915 : xbox version ever coming
Yes, it is absolutely coming. We’re sorry we’re not giving you more active updates in that regard, but it’s just not at a point where we can tell you confidently it’s coming out this day. Even just talking to Rhis, one of our programmers who’s involved in the Xbox port, just last week and there’s actually potentially going to be some more optimizations coming to the game, again courtesy of the Xbox port, but it does mean several things have to happen before we can even get into releasing the Xbox port for you, but don’t worry it’s coming. It’s great. I hope you guys enjoy it on console.

Now a little bit of fun we had with this set that I’ll point out now is that we added a little more tech to the way we can swap out skill fxs so you’ll notice that Eye or Reckoning is a nice acidic green. And this applies to all skill modifiers on gear that can convert Eye of Reckoning which will now reflect the correct damage type for that skill.

frogsarepeopletoo : is it only for EoR?
Yes, that is specific to Eye of Reckoning. So before Eye of Reckoning couldn’t have this effect swapped out by item skills, but now it can which is going to be coming in this patch.

MaDDworlD1337 : will there ever be a way to turn off the visuals to toggle abilities? (example path of exiles’ ‘invis’ aura toggle thing)
Probably not. We’d have to add some tech to disable those on a case by case basis. Or do you mean just a complete turn off all effects like that. Again, it’s not really the simplest thing because enemies can apply stuff to you and make that invisible and some things are attached to the same point and it’s complicated. The game wasn’t built for that. We’d have to look into even the feasibility of that I guess.

That the fun thing here with Shadow Strike on this set, let me try and get it to proc, is the fact you can get multiple Shadow Strikes off in a row which can be pretty bursty. And that’s because of the set bonus: 12% chance of +100% skill cooldown reduction to Shadow Strike. It kind of harkens back to this really old bug we had where people were actually able to stack enough cooldown reduction to make Shadow Strike have a point one second cooldown and they were basically doing stuff like that.

aspru5207 : any plans to make Healing stat more meaningful?
Is it not meaningful enough already?

Vaxterius : @CrateEntertainment any chance to tweak the Familiar’s AI to use its heal more frequently on other pets?
One thing we did specifically was change the Familiar’s heal to an AoE. You can kinda position yourself near your pets to optimise the way the healing comes out. I’m not sure about straight up switching it to heal pets more than you. Then you might end up in the opposite scenario where it’s healing your pets and you need a heal and you’re screwed.

Fragonarsh : any news on the loyalist items pack?
The Loyalist Item Pack is an upgrade you can pick up on Steam, Humble and GOG that adds a few cosmetic items to your collection. The first one was released way back in beta and it was a way to throw more support as us if you liked the work we do and want something in return for it. So that worked out very well and it seems like you guys have enjoyed it very much so yes we are considering doing a second Loyalist Pack, it’s actively in the works. I hope it will make this next patch, we’ll see, but we actually just recently talked about some concepts for the armour we’re going to add to that collection, Loyalist Pack 2, and it’s some pretty cool stuff I gotta tell you. It’s not ready to show you yet, it’s not in the game yet, but it’s gonna be pretty awesome. I think for those people that are interested in supporting the Crate Entertainment further and purchasing that Loyalist Pack you’re going to have some pretty cool armour to show off.

MaDDworlD1337 : will Nightblade ever get Exclusives? i always feel bad about not having a crazy toggle that deals frostburn and acid damage over time with a 10meter radius lol.
I don’t think there’s ever going to be a point where we’d go back to old masteries and add new skills. The game’s not really at a point where that makes sense to do

Darkstalix : We got any update on Primal Strike-reckless tempest FX? And the new vitality based primal strike?

eardianm : will post a feedback thread, but what are chances that mythical aetherstorm set could get a devastation can be cast with 2 hander mod on full set? buffed attack it provides begs for 2 hander with 50% weapon damage, but devastation mods then go to waste (assuming new set doesn’t make this a thing)
First off, blue sets don’t have item skill modifiers so that alone is going to be a bit of a show stopper for your idea. Second off, I’m not sure I’d want to do something like that.

rygoukh : ever thought about selling cosmetics zantai? like skill effects and such? i demand glacial primal strike effect (or riot)
So that’s kinda where the Loyalist edition pack comes in. That is cosmetic armour, they don’t give you any gameplay advantage apart from looking really awesome. As far as skil fxs swapping, the way the tech has been built in the game to do that there has to be item skill modifiers which is why we’ve had all these item skill modifiers for swap out fxs. Without an item skill modifier we don’t actually have the means to replace the skill fxs visually.

So the next set we have on this character has some similar cost distributions is Targo’s Craft set. All these are 4 piece sets. As we mentioned in our development update that we posted earlier this month, this set is focussed on Judgment, Amarasta’s Blade Burst and Blade Arc. And those of you who would like some trauma damage for other builds potentially like a Spellscourge build, you might find that this Blade Arc supporting mace might fit really well into that set.

rygoukh : Zantai, it would be so cool if judgement didn’t knock enemies around, but rather pull them in really quick. would feel more satisfying i might say. the knock down is too slow imho
We could increase the knockdown, but that might start having weird effects.

RosvoKissa : any info if we will get rouge dungeon and what it will be like?
I’ll tell you you are getting a rogue-like dungeon in an upcoming patch. Not the one that includes these sets, but it is coming. Visually it’s going to be similar to some of the environments you’ve seen in the expansion, I think we’ll throw a few twists in there. gonna have some fun with it. There’ll be some more lore for you to uncover which will pretty fun, I look forward to writing that.

tabia_ditch : it’s going to be inside the belly of the beast
It’s not going to be inside the belly of the beast, but you will venture in there for some reason on the way to the rogue-like dungeon.

dave45788 : @CrateEntertainment boys tell us how are the sales of FG doin ??
They’re doing very good, can’t complain. The expansion was absolutely worth doing I can tell you that.

rygoukh : @ zantai: What about a Fistweapon class for the future? Like a “Brawler”?:wink:
Well, first off, if we add another mastery it would require another expansion which is not super likely at this point because of supporting Forgotten Gods and our future projects. In terms of fist weapons though, even if we added another mastery we would not add a new weapon type because that requires new animation, it requires adjustment of the loot tables and bloating the loot pool. So we would never add a new weapon type.

vette88vette : any chance of adding a text bar to type gear into stash to find easier
The biggest challenge honestly for us for UI stuff is just fitting things in. The UI is already as full as it’s going to get. To add a search filter we’d have to make some changes.

This is another badass set I’d say. Chest piece, shoulders, helmet and off-hand.

jrayjr : animations are really expensive if im not mistaken right?
Individual animations might not be, but the problem is that a new weapon set we need to do two entire animation sets, one for male character, one for female character. And then we’d have to do animations for every single like attack type, every single weapon pool skill, all sorts of custom animations we have for various special skills. It’s actually quite a long list so if you add a new weapon type would be very expensive for what you get. And at the end of the day a new weapon type is mostly visual, it doesn’t actually change the gameplay that much. So I’m not sure it’s really worth it. I would rather have more animations for new monsters than make all these animations for the player character.

MaDDworlD1337 : will there ever be a way to use this pick up button to pick up all components and stuff like in titan quest where you just press the key once and it will AoE loot the stuff ?
I mean Medea’s answer to that question is the most valid one. There is a mod that does that, that people are happy with what that mod does. We personally do not want to add an auto-loot feature like that so that’s why modding exists. And in terms of your concern about compatibility in multiplayer that mod actually does not conflict when playing multiplayer with other people.

faust_wither : what the reason to place a npc that only sell potion in shattered realm Treasure Chamber? i think he should just randomly appear in some fighting chunk
The reason he exists there is actually because he sells the Shattered Realm set. Previously what happened was the Shattered Realm would drop it’s gear from the chest which had a few problems. The first one being if your inventory was full and you looted it, it fell back on the ground and got destroyed because that’s how soulbound items work. To counter that problem we just moved it to the vendor. The other issue was that people would get to the point where they already have the set, they don’t need more copies of it dropping so it dropping was actually detrimental to them getting more loot. So instead we just ripped the set out of the loot tables, replaced it with other stuff so you didn’t lose out, and you can buy it from the vendor.

madparr0t : on modding, is Workshop integration something being considered?
We kinda looked into it, kinda messy. The implementation we would have wanted to do would be quite a bit of work. I’m not sure it’s going to happen at this point, unfortunately.

Bigdaddyyumyums : So no toggle transmuters for Blood of Dreeg, word of renewal, pneuma, for those of us who are less button inclined??
It’s not likely we’d ever do a toggle, but there are some item skill modifiers that increase the duration.

ungod21 : skin for pets in transmog vendor?
That would be quite a bit of work.

So this set, the Pyran’s Ruminations set, supports 3 different skills: the Guardians of Empyrion for some reduced reduction support and some damage output, Devastation so if you like have a long Devastation that actually adds 3 seconds to it’s duration which is pretty substantial, and finally Mortar Trap which will also have a longer lifetime so you can get a bunch of them out. Run around and blow some enemies up. So if you want stuff raining from the skies this is your set.

jrayjr : at what point / shard does the shattered set appear at the npc? …oh my great set btw there, make it rain that fire
Several different shards. I think the first piece is at 10 and the last at shard 60 and you can’t grab it if you do a checkpoint. So you have to do at least one shard beyond a checkpoint to make the NPC sell the set.

Darkstalix : Blackwater Cocktail is gonna get any color change when having different dmg type? redish vitality for example
I honestly wish it could. The big challenge with Blackwater Cocktail is actually it has a transmuter that increases the radius of the effect and that’s the problem because if we had any sort of fxs swapping on gear it would then conflict, like which size does it need to be - the base radius or does it need to be the transmuted radius. And that just doesn’t exist right now in the game, that’s the real challenge of Blackwater Cocktail. I would love to make vitality fire and other stuff, but I’m not sure we’d be able to do that. We’ve done as much as we could really in terms of the visual swapping.

vainee : When i convert 100% of TSS/devastation to acid and or cold damage with conduit of arcane whispers, add new colorful fx too please
The Conduits do have fxs swaps so check them out.

So if you’re more into the void aspect of thing you might be looking forward to the Voidsoul set. This set supports Aegis of Menhir, Flames of Ignaffar and Doom Bolt.

One thing that is coming in this patch is for Doom Bolt, we’re getting rid of the percent current life damage on it and replacing it with crit damage. In other words when Doom Bolt crits it’s gonna crit hell hard.

feelgoodstoya : any plans to buff foi cone and aeo a bit ? btw this skill is a bit meh to use
We weren’t planning to increase the AoE, but we are buffing Flames of Ignaffar.

Darkstalix : Primal strike? Reckless tempest? Wind devil fx ?
Primal Strike? One thing I want to do with Primal Strike is I want Allminoxy to take a look at it because I feel the lightning could look hotter. See what we can do with that and we’re going to see if we can do a visual swap on it, but I’m not 100% sure we can. We’ll take a look.

However, Roigheist Set. It’s a Dreeg’s Evil Eye, Primal Strike and Vire’s Might set.

skipperx83 : @CrateEntertainment we have an offhand which converts vitality to fire dmg to DEE, do we have a red eye for this?
Dreeg’s Evil Eye has the same problem that Blackwater Cocktail has. The transmuter actually changes the behaviour of the projectile.

dave45788 : @CrateEntertainment will you increase the drop rates of celestial lotus ?
I don’t think we’ll have to increase it in the existing content, but there will be more ways to acquire it once the new rogue-like dungeon is added.

rygoukh : @zantai when leveling in crucible, the EXP/round Ration drastically drops after level 35 ish…could you maybe see an exp boost for crucible to make it more rewarding exp wise?
We’ll take a look. Not saying we will change it, but we’ll take a look.

AtakanG : why is there no Bows in Grim Dawn? (not crossbows)
The game doesn’t have bows because we wanted to go with guns and crossbows instead and adding bows would need it’s own animation set which would be, as we discussed earlier, quite an endeavour.

Oh, one thing that’s going to be coming in this patch for you guys that I haven’t mentioned yet is we’re actually going to be adding a few special levels to the Shattered Realm, 4 to be exact. These are going to be things like the mines level and lever levels where the rules change and weird stuff happens. And you might be able to get some special prizes out of it too, you never know. But yes, new Shattered Realm levels, some interesting twists in there, you guys are probably going to complain about some of those which is great.

SakkatBamboo : When can we expect this new patch ?
Probably next month, probably in June. I think that’s a pretty good estimate.

Dementios : Any visual pet conversions?
Pets are quite the effort to swap out because you literally have to change out all the pets that you summon for a new visual.

DarkOmeh : do you have a date at least when you think to announce that you start working for GD2? @CrateEntertainment
If we started working on Grim Dawn 2 we would not tell you until we are well along with Grim Dawn 2.

mauric1us : does the town builder game have a name?
It has a name. I don’t think I’m allowed to tell you yet.

FancyTorben : any plans on A hide item option for Illusionist? will the player models get some love to meet the standard of newer models like Byscilla?
Maybe. It’s not something we’ve actually been talking about.

DarkOmeh : what year you think that the new town building will come or have more information @CrateEntertainment
Maybe I should tell you cause they’ll be forced to live up to what I tell you. But it’s probably 2020. If they release it this year. Come on guys, make 2019 happen. What’s stopping you, it’s easy. I mean Grim Dawn’s been out for years, why isn’t the town builder done?

tuftyfella : is there a match 3 element to the town builder?
No. And I will dare say officially here that it does not require a phone either.

killmame : by town builder, not sure if you can say, but can you describe what it might be like?
It’s going to involve building a town and having people in that town and having them, you know, not die every winter.

DemonikCurse : @CrateEntertainment will you also update shattered realm portal arena?
That is one of the largest ones, so no. But we are updating the Loghorrean theme arena and the Fleshworks theme arena. Those are getting bigger.

frogsarepeopletoo : can you buff spawn rate of shrine of death in SR?
We’ll think about it. It is supposed to be more rare.

The GM of the 17th June showed off the items coming in the Loyalist Pack 2, 4 new quirky levels for the Shattered Realm as well as more updated fxs. Oh, and some new Legendary sets as well. :wink:

Not a lot spoiled in this stream of the 21st June, but what was is big news for many players.

dave45788 : did you add new legendary items beside the set items to the new patch ? @CrateEntertainment

Not this patch. Although in the next hotfix we’ll be adding a belt. Because feedback was that all the changes we made to this one belt killed too many builds so we’re just going to kinda bring back the old belt and make a new version of the belt we wanted to make. Oh yes, the Totally Normal items got added in the patch.

EnemyEX : any news on the Xbox One version yet?

The work on that is obviously not finished. Just with this patch actually you guys got voice chat functionality built into the game and that was something that was required for the Xbox. I have a feeling, not 100% confirmed yet, that there’ll be some optimisations coming next patch. Not like the next hotfix, but the next big patch we’ll be doing that should include optimisations that are aimed for the Xbox, but will benefit the game. Specifically involving lighting calculations and lighting has been actually very taxing on this game in the past so should actually have a notable improvement on that for people in the game.

Bigdaddyyumyums : So any chance you’ll change thermite mines to a singular mine with a bigger aoe? I believe I read on the forums you said it won’t bounce off of enemies that way

I’ve got something better for you because I’ve got the mines spawning in the usual trio they do, but at the target point and that’s coming in the next hotfix. So they’re going to be place just like the Inquisitor’s runes, just like the mortar trap and they will still do it as a trio.

Grava: So what’s next for you guys.

There’s the next rogue-like dungeon and the whole quest that goes with it. There’s going to be a huge dungeon, there’s going to be a bunch of mini dungeons that lead to the rogue-like dungeon, it’s going to be great.

Grava: I wonder what Riggs’ real name is. I feel that Riggs isn’t his real name.

Zantai: That would be your head canon. You were the one who created the character.

Grava: Yeah, I don’t know. Pretty sure his real name isn’t Riggs though.

“The patch just came out and every forum, every reddit, discord, was like oh my god I can’t play the game because Grim Internals doesn’t work, I want my autoloot. So it’s like FINE, we’ll make it so you don’t have to reinstall Grim Internals every patch to get your autoloot. Coming in the next hotfix, probably next week, we’re introducing autoloot for components and crafting materials. And whenever you loot a component, whether you loot with autoloot or manually, it will automatically combine with any of those components in your inventory. Yes, you can turn it off, it’ll be off by default, but we’re going to make that an option in the game options that you can make that automatic autolooting components.”

Reserved no 20

I was just about to report for spam. :wink:

Anyway thanks for collecting the FG information for us. And would it be possible to put information in to sections? Like one section for a possible new mastery and anything related to that.

Not sure Mauricius. I was envisioning more just giving me space to put each new GM and live stream together rather than having everything under spoilers like the other one is. But I might be able to highlight/spoiler some stuff. I’ll have to see how it goes. Hopefully the most of the other info won’t be as long as this stream was so should make it easier to find anyway.

Thanks for the great work. Lazy me sitting in lazy chair and enjoying the chat-log lazily, all thanks to hardworking Medea!

By the way, great decision to reserve the spots first… Hopefully the game will come out before you used up all reserves thread

Now completely updated from Friday’s stream (27th July) so read to your hearts’ content.

Yeah, thinking about it, it seemed a better way to organise stuff in general. Wish I’d thought of it before, but there you are I didn’t. And yes, I’m hoping a few of the reserves will prove redundant, but added a few extra just in case. Frankly I’m surprised that I managed to get all Zantai’s comments into one post. Finishing it off this morning I fully expected to need the second slot for it. :eek:

We also for a split second saw the map of the act, or at least a portion of it when Zantai was going from the portal to Steps to show off the challenge areas

Interesting stuff, thanks again.
Only skimmed it, but I like the no entry cost to enter the initial realm level: one thing I always hated about Path of Exile is the horrendous drop rates on maps which is almost entirely luck-dependent if you don’t trade.
Free entry with an option to pay materials to get ahead, is much more preferable to that to me.

Other things I’m most interested in is the skipping Elite solution, and how the rewards of the shattered realm stack up against the Crucible’s, so I’m looking forward to the next reveals.

Thank god the floors are handcrafted and not randomised crap. I’m fine with them being in random order but randomised layouts is easily one of the things i hate the most in this genre.

I’m glad I asked this and glad for the reply as well. It was exactly what I wanted to hear. I really hope the modders take advantage of this and add tons of maps.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

So

“sirspanksalot92 :is the shattered realm basically an infinite dungeon? is there an end to it?
Effectively there is no end to it.”

Isn’t infinite enough for you. :smiley:

Exactly!

Maybe it was already mentioned, but this confirms the location of the new expansion.

Grim Tools map:

Last Friday’s Dev Stream (July 27th):

Who caught all 4 stars in the Scarab constellation?

I’ve got 3.

1: +15 Physique, +20 Armor
2: ???
3: +4 Armor, 15% Bleeding Resistance
4: +4% Attack Speed, +12% Shield Damage Blocked, 30 Acid Retaliation