Frontier Stonk YOLOs

YOLOing all my town’s gold into tools stonk :hammer_and_wrench::rocket::new_moon:

13 Likes

give some candles futures, got a feeling that will pay off later in the year :smile:

:gem::open_hands::rocket::rocket::rocket::first_quarter_moon_with_face:

1 Like

Very slick and loving the artwork there.

Really liking that art work and sleek UI and font selection. Hoping UI will be crisp and responsive to click.

reminds me of anno series. you can never have enough tools in them. might as well turn tools into another currency.

Nice one haha

no more internet for medierra, can zantai enforce that?

I would like to buy call options on your town’s nightsoil reserves.

Think about this. What if instead of buying things that require manpower to build, you harvest the resources… I know a bright idea, though I can’t take the credit. RTS like Dune started that one. Though that’s not my point. It’s a eco system you’re managing, using a intelligence I think is developed over long term practices. So, as a early colony referring to RTS collect and build, I think that an option similar to that could be nice. It may take longer to accomplish those things, without buying things and that’s the downside. But when putting the effort into collecting and building, your colony becomes experienced, earnings are used as a validation. They increase production and that’ll include collecting and building of used resources, limited to R&D style accomplishments based on those resources. So, in the big picture you’re reducing costs of as many resources and construction types you accomplished. Leaving the trades to new technology and resources out of reach. Though you as a colony attract new prospects, as you’ve gain renown or rhetoric for your efforts. Legacy can be built over time, making some kind of level system on the peon or grunt level a promotional advantage, (Imagine star chart from Grim Dawn. Leveling or upgrading that kind of system, influencing colonist to promotional career types or roles within the colony. This wouldn’t be a selective option, though a basis for it later meaning it influences the entire colony and colonist will gain legacy among them Later a character selection of best colonist for the job. Require a minimum amount of upgrades into the system, before elective methods can be used. Gensis is the founding father method, later upgraded into developmental progress).

It’s like plotting. You’ll need to know what the land offers, how to use the resources and organize to make it productive. Though the limits are convenience and that’s not always going to be in your favor. This allows trades to be optional and allows expansion realistic, in order to make convenances for growth.

I know it’s a little vague, though that’s the point. It’s something to consider, to develop best methods. I say that based on, your colony is great at one thing. While traders or nomadic style people maybe able to offer something useful that you’re no great at. It’s a bit off topic and I think the example I wanted make, fits fairly well.

As this brings me to consider the number of menus I have for a single colony. Managing things is going to be important, though early development colonies may have a shared expectation (to use and allow to be used if it exists, with in the colony. *Resources and tools or the like). This means adding to many menus to an early development colony maybe overwhelming. Multiple colonies with a chain of command or trade route with order delivery may require another menu. These menus may become to many or overwhelming if over used in small form. A hierarchy maybe confusing though easier to read and with practice more desirable.

That’s uhh, pretty much how it works

You harvest and build the majority of items your town needs and use surplus to trade for what you can’t produce enough of, or just to earn gold you need to pay for services and defense.

1 Like

Word. And I thought you most likely had a system developed, which you’ve confirmed. That’s good in alpha stages. These things a development works and can be used as s legacy, to support a more elaborate development.

I was thinking they’d develop something of a jump in and be set, to make sure the system works as intended. Then with some assumptions, I was trying to detail more limiting to the development (like a primitive). Trying to detail ways to force adaptation of new colonies, with what little they’ll have in their “convenient” area (or limiting their ability and resources to do so). Meaning travel and trading isn’t a luxury you’ll have, unless you have some plot to develop it, then working more in that direction as the game progresses (Not meaning only those fields of progress, though as an example). Hence the reference to Grim Dawn’s “Star Chart” and a " Constellation" prize (Being limited to the “convenience” is in fact un-convenient, though with a strong leader and some supportive colonist they can survive). It isn’t the immediate gratification some games offer, that’s what’s most appealing. Though it’s the earn rewards, through studying and adapting to the game, that proves they can accomplish it (as survival isn’t always the dangers, it could be the limitations we’ve had, made us focus on those things to accomplish as much as we could). Some depth through a legacy, proving again they can accomplish something. Though with enough content, they can work with others (NPC or Players) to accomplish more, in a shorter amount of time beyond those limits. Almost like they’ve built that legacy as a purpose, in the big picture and they’ve earned the consolation prizes adding up to a career or rhetoric. This in turn makes them valuable in ways, the horizon may find useful. At that point I think it’ll be safe to add currency to the game, as the progress has gone beyond the limits of their colony.

Oh you’re a designer! Nice to meat you as well.

I’m not a zombie.

Also, Grim Dawn’s “Star Chart” and a " Constellation" prize is an incomplete idea I should detail my mind about. In brief I think of it as a loot system. Randomly generated loot drops offer various bonus, sometimes good for your build sometimes not. Imagine a grunt or peon from War Craft or whatever game influences you. Then apply the fundamentals of that loot system as a “level” system. With upgrades to the system, (as consolation) you can get better rolls on advancements. Now add a “Legacy” system that “limits” a colony to the strengths of that colony and apply that to the system, to help guide it to progressive benefits. This is a level/limit system that progresses through players practices.

Finally, if there’s multiplayer feature, the system could be adapted to include this. Maybe in the functional way, in order to advance to the limits of the game, you’ll need multiple builds in the “Constellation” system to even open the high tech for option. Giving value to building all the different styles offered by the game. Kind of like Grim Dawn multiple characters, the characteristic of this would allow for advanced civilization.

He’s that and the founder/owner of Crate Entertainment, as well as did design work on Empire Earth and is the former Lead Designer of Titan Quest.

3 Likes

Thanks for telling me, I was casually regarding the head honcho as food.

That’s awesome he’s around accomplishing things. I used to watch the Dev Stream, when Grim Dawn was being developed. Do they still do that?

Not currently but I hope that once they get Farthest Frontier fully into Early Access they will pick up and resume such things again.

1 Like

Example of elaboration.

Furthermore, I could detail the limitations of a colony and why. Such as location is a limitation of constellations, in they are viewed from a different angle. Reusing the same constellation with some variations in a 3d logic (triangulate) could allow for common uses (I know it’s a fantasy game, stars wouldn’t be viewed as 3d, though it makes something to have in common). Say I have a colony in the north, I started adding points to Ursa. My friend in the south can’t see the entire Ursa, though from their angle has some stars of it in the Umbra sign they’ve added. If we both fill that constellation, we share something in common (having something in common could multiply benefits or attract unwanted attention). 3 stars of both constellations are shared and allow us to advance into a beneficial allegiance. This in turn will advance our technology allowing us to upgrade to something more modern.

In terms, we as allied colonies are working together, gaining the benefits we each advanced (legacy). We ourselves then advance in each other’s ways. Once we’ve both Mastered the constellation, we can then advance our benefit beyond our means (teamwork is quantified or called independence).

Also, I need to mention, the constellations are the same, though they are the limitation being applied based on location. All the world as access to all constellation, though to use them you must establish in a region.

Finally, when looking at the star map, you see the same stars, though through cultural and geographic difference they are learned differently. To unite multiple cultures, technologies or people, this could be an influence to guide that kind of system or structuring.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention “constellations” are being considered as a Zodiac in this sense. You need 2 parts on information. what number Zodiac and the year your colonist was born. zn/yyyy This will be how you associate colonist with the system as an example for behind the scenes managing. Could be any number of Zodiac for each region as well if needed. r/zn/yyyy = Regional / Zodiac Number / Year this may help to reduce menus until development of modern technology.