Gaia - Pet Shaman

Foreword:

Yes, It is a Single Mastery Pet Shaman build. For those of you who like the Hobo in Deer suit.

• [Pet] [1.1.9.1] (g3) (c+) (sr+) Gaia - Pet Shaman (Maya)

• Damage: Pets
    • Active Skills: Summon Briarthorn, Conjure Primal Spirit, Summon Skeletal Servant, Summon Chillmane, Wind Devil, Wendigo Totem, Storm Totem, Grasping Vines, Devouring Swarm, Savagery, Call of the Beast
    • Passive Skills: Mogdrogen’s Pact, Primal Bond, Spark of Ultos, Presence of Might (x2)
    • WPS Skills: none

GrimTools Link: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKGrX8N

Crucible 151-170, with 4 Blessings & Banner: https://i.imgur.com/RDH1B2h.jpg
No potions/consumables used except for Tonic of Mending.

Shattered Realms, Shard 75-76: https://i.imgur.com/5C4XSHb.jpg
No shrines/potions/consumables used except for Tonic of Mending and Elixir of Spirit.

Ravager of Minds: https://i.imgur.com/CwfZeKw.jpg
Took about 9 mins. No potions/consumables used except for Tonic of Mending & Elixir of Spirit.

Devotion Order for anyone wondering:

Purple > Shepherd’s > Remove Purple
Green > Raven > 3 points in Rhowan’s Crown
Yellow > Panther > Crane
Eel > Sailor’s > Widow > Blue
Solemn Watcher > Tree > Ishtak > 3 points in Obelisk

Reserbirbing this

For the Drunken Hobo!

One more can’t hurt, right?

Got enough Reserbirbs. You may now violate this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Fwuffy did all that with Shaman yet no one noticed Fwuffy’s achievements or gave headpats. Fwuffy is sad…

Fwuffy going to go hug Ravager instead!

(I have no idea why I typed that out, but now that I did, I am submitting this post!)

EDIT: Also updated the build a bit so that I can get 3k DA

great build ! I’m not too great at min maxing pet builds but why do you use storm totem ? wouldn’t it be better to use the points to max devouring swarm as the RR would benefit ur pets more ?

Good question. The answer is that I am lazy. If you are wondering how that fits in to this, well… I spam Devouring Swarm to proc my Shepherd’s Call. That is pretty much all that I use it for.

With every skill point you invest in it, its mana cost increases. And since it has no cooldown, that adds up pretty fast.

Ok, I could just play a bit more carefully and not spam it. But then I need to keep track of whether my Shepherd’s Call has proc’ed or not. Also Devouring Swarm itself has hard to see visuals. With everything else going onscreen, I find it kind of difficult to keep track of.

But it does provide -40% Bleed RR at 16/16 and our Briarthorns, Primal Spirit and Primal Bond provides Bleed damage right?
Yes, but Devouring Swarm is not exactly an AoE, it instead hits in a straight line making it hard to aim properly. Even more so when you are kiting, which you will be doing plenty of since we are making do with a single mastery.

So unlike Curse of Frailty for example, you’d need multiple casts of Devouring Swarm to cover a similar area. Which again brings us back to the mana cost.

Now, speaking of mana cost, you might see that Storm totem also has a hefty mana requirement per cast. But since it is not attached to any devotion, I only cast it every now and then for the firework display when I am bored. It isn’t used for damage or anything else and is basically a point dump.

So would it be better to spend those points in Devouring Swarm for the RR? Definitely.
Would it benefit me, given my playstyle? Nope, it would probably do more harm than good given that I play like a drunkard.

A bit of extra stuff: I don’t even use Devouring Swarm in my fight against Ravager. I instead bound Shepherd’s Call to Savagery and just straight up went and started hitting Ravager in the face because by that point I had a seething hatred for Swarm.

gibs Fwuffy all the pets

Once I am done with Birbs of Bysmiel/Fwuffy Squishy and the janky Primal Strike Druid I am currently leveling, I might give this one a go. Shaman’s slowly but steadily becoming my favorite class in this game…

I was also surprised by Shaman’s performance tbh. It was more fun than I thought it would be :smiley:

Now I need to see if I can make a leveling guide for solo mastery Shaman, Necromancer and Occultist builds because pets too OP to go for a secondary mastery :stuck_out_tongue:

Gaia,the dragon champion!

Wait,no dragons.Do want:p

Yes GD needs dragons!

Even if they are fat ones that just flop around trying to fly.

YES! Fat dragons! Make it happen Crate! :smiley:

No dragons. :cry: Commandment from on high from big M.

no dragons in GD ;-;
does that mean dragons in GD2 confirmed? :rolleyes:

Not unless big M changes his mind.

how to level this build

That is a good question. Unfortunately, I don’t really know nor recommend it. When I tried to level a solo pet Shaman for my guide, I failed spectacularly before even reaching halfway.

If you really want to play it, I would recommend using GDStash to make a fresh lvl 100 char instead.

1 Like

Build updated :+1: