Grim Dawn: Definitive Edition now available on Xbox!

Hi there, thanks for the tip but I’m talking about the terrain textures being blurred at the focal point (upper portion of screen) which happens often starting around Burrwitch Outskirts. Over 500 hours on PC I never experienced this since I always had depth of field disabled. This implementation of DOF seems odd and almost backwards to me. Anyway still having a blast!

Sadly the font is so small on a big TV the game is unplayable for me. Will put it aside for now and hope this gets patched soon. Sad as I was really looking forward to this coming to console.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: [Itemization] Stat changes of Monster Infrequents not present in Xbox version

I’m a console gamer, my PC just can’t play games really (and I am actually ok with that) - so this is coming from a complete newbie.

The controls are fairly good. I’ll admit for a true console experience, having a pointer you have to move is a little off rather than navigating with the controller rather than as a mouse substitute, but I can adjust. The print is small, I had to sit close to TV to play… again I can get used that (or get a bigger TV).

The game itself is grand. I familiarized myself with the basics; but no build guides, no walk-throughs. I’m just playing the game - I suspect my first couple of characters will not be mid/end game ready, but that is fine. It’s the gameplay and learning the game at this point. At this point I consider it one of the best (maybe the best, but I need to play it more to make that assumption) on the platform (I play on Xbox Series S).

5 Likes

Try using the Dpad (in the inventory, menus etc). I promise you… You will be surprised.

I’ll do that. I’m just so used to the sticks doing everything, I tend to forget it’s there (except for toggling the map).

I have the same opinion about the game.

1 Like

Hey guys, new to the forums and grim dawn. Games been running awesome and has been a blast to play. Only thing that i have going on thats a bug is all quest progress is always reset everytime i start single player or multiplayer game. Ive played through act 1 entirely 3 times now and when i exit the game and come back nothing has been saved. Doesnt seem to effect my character, inventory, etc in any way but kinda of a bummer when ive already got the character build going well and im already almost lvl 25 and dont really want to restart my build at this time since i just want to crush the story out. I know i can always just start a new character and try my luck to see if it works

I discovered yesterday that there is pc text in the Xbox version.

If you go to your character that and then the second tab II and then hoover over the top text you can see a box description that talks about mouse buttons.

That also leads to my next question as it talks about auto attack button. Which one is that ion console? A & B. Or Y & X or any other combination?

It’s Quickbar Slot 01, which is the highlighted slot to the left in your HUD. By default it is apparently mapped to A, but you should be able to change that to any other button in the options menu.

Awesome thanks for clarifying.

Occasionally PC users have reported stuff like this for years. It usually boils down to external reasons like Windows, anti-virus suite or MS OneDrive. If quest progress is not saved on Xbox, I have no experience how to address that.

Please try to reproduce this on a new character and report your findings in Bug Reporting - Crate Entertainment Forum. Maybe only your current char is corrupted. In that case Crate can probably fix the files.

I would love to speed that process up. And I can’t believe they don’t have these things in plenty to hand out to developers that want one… How hard for Microsoft is it to have a couple of hundred of them spare laying around? It’s not like it would hurt their profit in a way.

Probably the same reason people have trouble finding any computer/electronic stuff atm, chip shortage.

Alright thank you. Just made a post in the bug reporting forum

Devs, since Series S is available anywhere, wouldn’t it be easier, at least for now, to make an improved version for it, so both Series could benefit? If possible, at least we could see some improvement on next gen consoles.

I don’t know about the developer kit, but the console itself is very easy to find.

I’m a little concerned because I have a big 4k TV and I sit a little close to it, so , based on what people are saying, it will look blurry.

Thanks!!

I congratulate you … great game … I can’t tear myself away … the controls on the xbox are convenient …titan quest was not convenient … the font is a little larger … 4k. … fix the language … Russian does not work … :slight_smile: … but the game is fire … :+1: … there is even survival (eating like it also affects) … the world will work well … it can be seen that before that life flowed before the catastrophe … thank you guys nice job …

2 Likes

The game looks great. It’s just the forced depth of field that’s blurs out some of the terrain. You can get used to the effect but I do hope we get an option to disable it in the future. This is a rock solid well crafted port. Buy it and you’ll be so deep into the game your worries will melt away.

1 Like

Had to make an account to come by and say:

I read that one programmer did the port. Whoever you are… Thank you!
Played it 2017 or 2018 on PC up to lvl30 and then stopped playing PC alltogether. Always hoped for a console version, and here it is :slightly_smiling_face:

The only thing I would ask for is 60fps…other than that, I’m really happy with the game. Just reached lvl30 with a cabalist and have the next two weeks off work. Awesome :sunglasses:

3 Likes

First review I’ve seen

"The Xbox hub” is a great Xbox focused website

6 Likes