Grim Dawn Expansion Development News

I need it!!

You are so right but I still need it !!

On the other hand, the final balancing can be done only when the expansion is released, so why not release it so the work can begin.

I’m going to make a Necromancer-Inquisitor character. :cool:

Mistakes occur. It’s no kindness to pretend that they never happened. They made a mistake. It’s understandable, and hopefully something they don’t do again… But it WAS a mistake. If we pretend there was no mistake, then it will simply occur again.

As for #4… That’s EXACTLY what no game company wants to hear. They want you playing THEIR game as much as possible, because that leads, eventually, to more money for them. If you go play some OTHER game… How does Crate know you’ll come back for the expansion? If you play some other game, you’re not talking about this one, so they’re not getting word of mouth sales either. The fact that you, I, and others, have GONE to other games, specifically because we’re waiting for the expansion, is proof that a mistake was made.

Look, crap happens. I’m not saying Crate is awful. I’m saying they’re human, and I’d rather they didn’t make this specific mistake again.

Because we’ve been paying attention. When they stopped saying Q1/Q2, and started saying Q2/Q3, we would’ve had a hard time missing it, really.

Because they read the first thread, Grim Misadventure #109: A Look Back at 2016, which stated the expansion release date was Q1/Q2 and then this thread in the FAQ section of the first post which states the release is Q2/Q3.

In terms of stealthiness - that’s pretty bold! LOL!

Can’t wait for the expansion to hit and I hope there is another supporter pack for sale so I can show some more support to the Devs for the awesome work they’re doing =)

Anyway, telling people to come back May 1st, which is when Q2 starts, leads one to think they were spot on with their Q2/Q3 suggestion.

…but how they keep dripping light-content (two pre-developed and mid-polish classes, a tiny portion of a new area in a stream, and constellation pictures just makes me wonder if Q3 was the actual target and Q2 was for hype building.

Hyping for ~6 months for the expansion on top of the 10+ years for HL:3 and 8-10 years for Black Mesa has really burned me out on waiting for game releases.

Dikkiedik - I think you have a problem. :stuck_out_tongue: We may have to do an intervention. We love you. :smiley:

Was the person telling you to come back May 1st the same person that told you Q2 started on May?

Indeed. Q1 runs from 1st January to 31st March, Q2 1st April to 30th June, Q3 1st July to 30th Septemer and Q4 1st October to 31st December. So 1st May is not quite halfway into Q2.

lol, was just going to point that out. If their fiscal year is standard, Q2 starts in April

oh my september is the worst possible release date, very long

You can even show a couple of screenshots, new enemies (mobs) and a new area??? And when, extension output finally, when you will announce the name of the extension and the date, as it were, second quarter, do not you think that for too long already, and in the end turn out, a couple of hours of running, and all the end again? I very much hope that there will be at least the entire third act, in size, or at least the first, though, and best of all, and the first and third acts together, that would be cool, though!!!

Really, really, really want to see more skills from the new masteries soon.

The expansion is about 40-50% of the base game size.,. now that’s massive… I dont think d2 or titan quest IT is that big when compared…

No. TQIT’s 4th Act might have been slightly longer than the others, but nowhere near 40-50% of the base game.

reminds me of the death gate cycle books. to avoid spoilers to it as much as i can. the end is great. it isn’t about victory. it is about survival.

Can I has Necro?

Link to original artwork

How must longer must we wait?

Until it’s ready!